The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #86,191 of 90,085
These tours are so effective...... :grimacing:

Good to hear. I'm not a shill in any sense of the word but I do love it when folks shout out our tour program when it leads to a purchase, or potential purchase, as this can only increase the likelyhood that more manufacturers are willing to send their IEMs to tour :)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #86,192 of 90,085
Good to hear. I'm not a shill in any sense of the word but I do love it when folks shout out our tour program when it leads to a purchase, or potential purchase, as this an only increase the likelyhood that more manufacturers are willing to send me their IEMs to tour :)
possible to still get on that Monachaa tour?..

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #86,193 of 90,085
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #86,194 of 90,085
Alright it's been a while since we've done any sort of survey. Now that we're 1/3 and two CanJams into 2024 what are the top 3-5 things on your radar right now?

For myself:

1) Elysian Pilgrim Noir - Loved the OG, Noir sounds even more up my alley
2) Elysian Dio-- not really a potential buy for me, but I'm dying to heari it.
3) Melodic Artification Alter Ego -- This one was a show highlight for a very diverse range of folks-- I'm quite interested in hearing it.
4) iBasso PB5-- I'm not really a dongle or portable Amp guy but I might eventually jump on one of these just to try it.
5) An EE prototpe I heard rumours about along the lines of an updated LX-- anyone have any more info on that?
1. Elysian Dio. I loved Anni so much, and if the hype is real around this one, then it’s probably the end game set I’ve always wanted. Along with Xe6 anyway.

2. Nightjar Duality. The only single/multi DDs that have worked for me are all at the lower end with the likes of BL-03, 7Hz Legato, CCA Trio & UM 3DT. There has to be a TOTL one out there for me, and I’m hoping Duality is it.

3. Noble Onyx. I probably wouldn’t replace Spartacus, but I’m still really keen to hear this. Never say never.

4. ZMF Caldera. Haven’t bought a headphone for quite some while now, but I’m just not sure how different enough this would be compared to my beloved Empyrean.

5. Elysian Pilgrim/Noir. This is more out of curiosity, I don’t really think I need anything else around this sort of level, unless it really wows me.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #86,195 of 90,085
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #86,196 of 90,085
ah your signature... going to investigate this tonight thank you!

Lol yeah it took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize that putting a link to the tour sign up info page in my sig was a great idea.

In other news Musicteck reached out today and said they have a tour kit of the entire AME lineup that they'd like me to organize a tour for. I agreed to set it up-- waiting on the parameters now. I also put a pitch in to get a tour unit of the Alter Ego...fingers crossed :)

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #86,197 of 90,085
I got attacked personally for a simple opinion about a product. I responded, and then a small little gang/club were just a-holes backing that person up. Later on I found some of these folks have met in real life, and consider themselves friends, so they are completely biased. They got each other's backs basically.

In other news I'm looking forward to auditioning the Pilgrim vs the Noir version, and also trying the Anni '23 one more time with lots of tips to see if I can find this mythical bass.

Have you considered taking a step back and viewing it from a different POV that perhaps you being “personally attacked” was just like-minded people not agreeing with your viewpoint? You can have this “woe is me” or victimized tone sometimes and man… it’s exhausting.

I’m no stranger to controversy here either — a while back I very eloquently (🤭) gave my opinion on a popular set here which resulted in a lot of backlash and I literally had people stop talking to me because of it. Some of these same people who disagreed with me are also some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are not assholes. There is no gang nor is there any sort of cult bias that’s out to get anyone. Relax… It’s not that deep.

While I may not agree with some of your takes I do respect that you are not afraid to speak up even when it may not be popular input. You have a consistent and what appears to be a genuine interest in this hobby and perhaps it doesn’t translate well over a forum at times. My personal gripe is that I am only reminded of your “controversial” takes that you gave a few months ago because you keep bringing it up. 🤷🏽‍♂️

On the topic of Pilgrim & Noir, I’ll give my input that no one cares about. For me the Noir edition just screams money-grab from Effect Audio. The same IEM more or less with a warmer tuning and twice the price with their logo slapped on one shell? I feel they should have just called it something different instead. Heh. I have no doubt that given Lee’s tuning expertise it’s probably an excellent set unlike some of EA’s previous collabs with other manufacturers, but I can’t help view it with distaste.

Right… back to being hungover in bed because I had family in town last night and I don’t know how to say no to wine.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #86,198 of 90,085
Lol yeah it took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize that putting a link to the tour sign up info page in my sig was a great idea.

In other news Musicteck reached out today and said they have a tour kit of the entire AME lineup that they'd like me to organize a tour for. I agreed to set it up-- waiting on the parameters now. I also put a pitch in to get a tour unit of the Alter Ego...fingers crossed :)
truly, i was looking for that page longer than i care to admit just now lol.

Oh i would hop on that Alter Ego tour real fast...

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #86,199 of 90,085
Alright it's been a while since we've done any sort of survey. Now that we're 1/3 and two CanJams into 2024 what are the top 3-5 things on your radar right now?

For myself:

3) Melodic Artification Alter Ego -- This one was a show highlight for a very diverse range of folks-- I'm quite interested in hearing it.
4) iBasso PB5-- I'm not really a dongle or portable Amp guy but I might eventually jump on one of these just to try it.
5) An EE prototpe I heard rumours about along the lines of an updated LX-- anyone have any more info on that?
My radar has brought me to this. Honestly, I went a little bit nuts, but here we are. I’m still eyeing the release of Duality, but I have enough to keep me busy for a while. Thanks to @MusicTeck for most of this madness and, in particular, to my new bookie Leo for tipping me off.

Attachments

• IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #86,200 of 90,085
My radar has brought me to this. Honestly, I went a little bit nuts, but here we are. I’m still eyeing the release of Duality, but I have enough to keep me busy for a while. Thanks to @MusicTeck for most of this madness and, in particular, to my new bookie Leo for tipping me off.

Nice!

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #86,201 of 90,085

For myself:

I am also very interested in 1) Elysian Pilgrim Noir, and I am also very interested in the OG
2). Symphonium Crimson and Titan
3). Also Melodic Artification Alter Ego

Not much else right now, besides the tours I am already in.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #86,202 of 90,085
Thank you. I have REALLY been enjoying the Monachaa with the R8II. More than I expected. I’ll get to the rest of my new loot this weekend and leave impressions.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #86,203 of 90,085

For myself:

Within the near future at least… my incoming Sovereign Symphony, the new PMG IEM, and demo’ing the EE Triton. I really think the new PMG set has the potential to be the “best” IEM available given the attributes I look for in a set, but time will tell.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #86,205 of 90,085
On my radar are currently a few things. Hopefully the IEMs I can check at the next WC EU meeting.

1) Storm RE - Already heard the LE at the A'dam meeting. Impressive set. If the RE looks fine and sounds the same I'll probably buy it
2) Trailii Ti - Didn't take the opportunity to listen to it in A'dam. Regretting that choice now
3) On the headphone side I'm looking at the Aperio and need to compare it with the Immanis. Alternatively a new amp for my 1266 TC. Maybe a Mass-Kobo 465
4) Nothing else really but keeping an eye open for something interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back