The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #82,561 of 88,433
Perhaps you meant @twister6 instead of me? I haven't been in touch with Bogdan for ages and only visit HF these days to finalise a few last things (I'm done with the hobby).
Oh possibly, my bad 🫣 Glad to see you're still checking in from time to time. What made you leave? Where's your blaze of glory exit post? 🤷🏻😁

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #82,564 of 88,433
Oh possibly, my bad 🫣 Glad to see you're still checking in from time to time. What made you leave? Where's your blaze of glory exit post? 🤷🏻😁
Lol! Nothing quite so dramatic. I'm just moving on to other things. I've had a lot of fun, benefitted greatly from it during my illness and made a lot of good friends. So no issues there at all.

Reviewing has been difficult for a couple of years already, so that was winding down anyway. I have always written my reviews as one Head-fier to another, sharing my interests and my enthusiasm. That was the primary reason I joined Tw6, just a group of friends who enjoy sharing their enthusiasm without any additional motivations, save for the bag of Cheetos Alex sends us at Christmas. 😂 These days though I can't compete with professional reviewers who are backed by large companies and those with a strong social media reach (e.g. influencers). Neither do I want to invest a crazy amount of time to network with manufacturers at the cost of my independence. Oh yeah, and those highly annoying reviewers who can take (much) better pictures than I can... Those are the worst of the bunch! 😜😂

Nah, as I said, my priorities have shifted and it is a good time for me to move on.
Given his love for Dita that has to be a Perpetua review, wouldn't you say so?

drftr
Despite my best Machiavellian plotting, it sadly didn't work out that way. 😉

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #82,565 of 88,433
Your positive feedback on the Ronin + Eletech Perseus pairing was the reason I had simply to do the same.
I purchased the last still available Eletech Perseus cable in 2-pin / 4.4 mm from Bloom-audio and am absolutely thrilled with the pairing. I have to keep checking, but the cable is actually not a 8-wire cable, or the other way round, I am surprised that such relative thin cable is able to allow Ronin so sing like @fejnomit has reported.
Thank you again, @fejnomit .
This makes me so happy to hear! You never know in this hobby if anything translates or if we are all hopelessly individual in our tastes, hearing, anatomy, etc. So glad it is bringing you joy. Your feedback brought me the same!

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #82,566 of 88,433
Lol! Nothing quite so dramatic. I'm just moving on to other things. I've had a lot of fun, benefitted greatly from it during my illness and made a lot of good friends. So no issues there at all.

Reviewing has been difficult for a couple of years already, so that was winding down anyway. I have always written my reviews as one Head-fier to another, sharing my interests and my enthusiasm. That was the primary reason I joined Tw6, just a group of friends who enjoy sharing their enthusiasm without any additional motivations, save for the bag of Cheetos Alex sends us at Christmas. 😂 These days though I can't compete with professional reviewers who are backed by large companies and those with a strong social media reach (e.g. influencers). Neither do I want to invest a crazy amount of time to network with manufacturers at the cost of my independence. Oh yeah, and those highly annoying reviewers who can take (much) better pictures than I can... Those are the worst of the bunch! 😜😂

Nah, as I said, my priorities have shifted and it is a good time for me to move on.

Despite my best Machiavellian plotting, it sadly didn't work out that way. 😉
Well for what it's worth it's been a pleasure 'meeting' you on here and wish you all the best wherever the path of life takes you! 🙏🏻

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #82,568 of 88,433
It's everyone's closet vice - they like to appear measured in public saying it only does certain genres well, blah blah blah, but in reality they are all rocking out it...

Long reign Trifecta!
I'm genuinely glad you're enjoying them :) I'd be lying if I said there weren't albums that I missed having them for, from time to time. If they'd been less unpredictable (and if I had more discretionary income these days) I'd just have likely kept them.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #82,569 of 88,433

*grabs popcorn*

No seriously, interesting video. Still prefer IEMs.

If you don't look at measurements then this obviously doesn't matter. However, if you do, you do it very often, and you always compare your impressions of an IEM with what you see in a graph, then you can learn how much your inner ear is different from the used rig setup. Once you know that, you have created a reference point that is valuable, albeit only for yourself.

drftr

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #82,570 of 88,433
Meanwhile my latest guilty pleasure update courtesy of indiegogo:
Screenshot_20240301_125135_Gmail.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #82,571 of 88,433
The least you can do for us is teach your dog how to post a selfie here every now and then... 😊

drftr
I'll give it a try...

"Barnie selfie!"

🐶"Woof!"🐶
Barnie selfie.jpg

Not too bad for a first try. 😁

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #82,572 of 88,433
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #82,573 of 88,433
Wait what? What is this?? Need to hear more about them.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...iM5x7wqxnJgvC8hps86DtAEbXDXEBZETSOMXJMcu00q#/

I was an early backer so got in on the 40% off. Msrp works out to about 300+ or so at full price. I didn't really need another set, but my gravastar Bluetooth tws have been having charging issues for a while now, and these has cowboy bebop branding, so I figured why not. It was basically a toss up between this and the 2020 evangelion final audio collab, and those had mixed reviews at best in terms of build/sound quality.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #82,574 of 88,433
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...iM5x7wqxnJgvC8hps86DtAEbXDXEBZETSOMXJMcu00q#/

I was an early backer so got in on the 40% off. Msrp works out to about 300+ or so at full price. I didn't really need another set, but my gravastar Bluetooth tws have been having charging issues for a while now, and these has cowboy bebop branding, so I figured why not. It was basically a toss up between this and the 2020 evangelion final audio collab, and those had mixed reviews at best in terms of build/sound quality.
Would be great to get your impressions on the sound when you get them.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #82,575 of 88,433

*grabs popcorn*

No seriously, interesting video. Still prefer IEMs.

That's an objectively dumb statement. It's like saying bicycles are objectively worse than automobiles. Totally different use case, totally different strengths and weakness, apples to oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back