The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #81,046 of 88,993
Same. The more I listen to other IEMs, the more I love my Trifecta. This is in no small part to the synergy with the WM1Z, which effectively turned it into a whole new IEM for me. Right now my interest in new gear has almost dropped off the map. There is currently a Fei Wan sized hole in my collection but I don't see that getting filled until I can secure a reasonable deal on a used one down the road.

F34D33BC-0EDC-48D7-9835-63952E659292.JPEG
The scale is off in this photo!!! That giant hand makes the brick look like a Diamond Rio from the 90s!

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #81,047 of 88,993
This popped up in a toy group I'm in today. I glanced at it, laughed, then went back to crying as I tried to determine financing options for a Batman statue.FB_IMG_1707502859037.jpg
Off topic, which one are you considering? I dabble into collectibles now and then :)

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #81,048 of 88,993
The scale is off in this photo!!! That giant hand makes the brick look like a Diamond Rio from the 90s!
@Rockwell75 got big hands, but on the other hand, if you are familiar with 1AM2 or 1ZM2, you may forget that 1Z is actually really small, even though M2 are lighter.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #81,049 of 88,993
The ZX707 is $599 on Amazon and it's a shame the US variant is also capped as much as it is, because aside from being a little large it fits a lot of the design things I'd be look for if I bought something in that price range (4.4mm input, tactile side buttons, superb visual design, better long term support). There's always the option to import, but eh. I'd only ever use IEMs with it, but I just don't know if the power is there to comfortably hit a listenable volume with everything.

The R6 III seems like the only other one in that range that ticks most of the same boxes.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #81,050 of 88,993
The R6 III seems like the only other one in that range that ticks most of the same boxes.
also flipping between these two, but the R6 III thread is full of tech issues... can anyone speak for or against it in 2024? specifically battery life... I want to get a DAP but the offerings don't entice me.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #81,051 of 88,993
And lose the ability to fine-tune on top of that :wink:

drftr
Wut?? ATOM modules on the custom work just like APEX on the 64’s, easy to remove with your fingernails, as long as they’re not completely bitten down.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #81,053 of 88,993
also flipping between these two, but the R6 III thread is full of tech issues... can anyone speak for or against it in 2024? specifically battery life... I want to get a DAP but the offerings don't entice me.

That's my feeling. I did buy an R3 II to act mainly as a BT receiver to pair with my iPhone, but after some actual use I think I'd rather just use a separate device if I'm going that route. Back to the ZX707, it seems like most IEMs would be plenty fine with it going off of calculators, and maybe it's really only high impedance headphones which are the concern?

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #81,054 of 88,993
Noble Spartacus - and it won’t cost you a fortune.
I second Spartacus as a recommendation. It’s got addicting PRAT and definitely a fun set.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #81,055 of 88,993
Fun set is hard to define, however, I am playing with newly arrived code 24 cable with different sets. As @emdeevee mentioned before, with Penon Quattro, it is stupidly good, I can listen to music all day with that combo, especially from RU6. However, when I pair code 24 with Z1R, it is even better. Now I need two code 24 cable.

Maybe the more reasonable question is, is there a cheaper version of code 24 to pair with Quattro? I know 24c, but even cheaper, given the price of Quattro.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #81,056 of 88,993
Fun set is hard to define, however, I am playing with newly arrived code 24 cable with different sets. As @emdeevee mentioned before, with Penon Quattro, it is stupidly good, I can listen to music all day with that combo, especially from RU6. However, when I pair code 24 with Z1R, it is even better. Now I need two code 24 cable.

Maybe the more reasonable question is, is there a cheaper version of code 24 to pair with Quattro? I know 24c, but even cheaper, given the price of Quattro.
Hey Wolfstar, Gladiator cables Palladio 4W sounds amazing with the Quattro and is 200 and change.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #81,057 of 88,993

I purchased the Black Widow XL 17 AWG from Toxic Cables and am hoping that it could do the job.

Quattro paired quite well with the Kinera Dromi Cable too.

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #81,058 of 88,993
Hey friends! I'm super excited to introduce Snow Frost from Erua Audio to my cable collection. It looks absolutely stunning in Snow White, almost like the white version of Orpheus! :gs1000smile:

IMG_3585.jpeg

I had the chance to demo this little white monster during my trip to Taiwan a few months ago, and it really surprised me in a pleasant way. It was enough for me to make the decision to purchase one for myself. Being a pure silver cable, it doesn't have the bright and analytical vibes that I've experienced with other silver cables. Instead, it has a lush and organic vocal presentation that I find really appealing. It also tames and smooths out the treble edges, while still retaining the detailed characteristics that silver cables are known for.

I've tried the cable with various IEMs, and out of all of them, I found the best pairing with my Nodachi. When paired with the Nodachi and Azla Max ASMR tips, and driven by the P6Pro Ti, it creates a combination that is the best I've heard for female vocal tracks, especially Mandarin/JPOP songs or ballads. The lushness and texture of the vocals are simply amazing. You can hear the breathing and whispers in such a detailed way, while the controlled sibilance prevents any fatigue.

IMG_3570.jpeg

I quickly demoed the Shirogane 8W a few times in the past, and from what I remember, I can confirm that they complement each other well. The Shirogane 8W adds a bit more resolution and thickness to the sound, while the Snow Frost has a specially tuned midrange. It ultimately comes down to specific pairings with different IEMs to find the perfect combination. Personally, I prefer the Viking Prestige on the Shirogane more than on the Snow Frost though.

When comparing it to the Orpheus shielding that I previously owned (and just sold), I noticed that both cables have well-tuned mids, but the Snow Frost has a bit more details as compared to Orpheus's soundstage and fullness. However, they both have that analog charm that I love.

In comparison to the BeatAudio Orbitsaga, the holographic soundstage and bass energy of the Orbitsaga are still unmatched. However, I found the mids on the Snow Frost to be more emotional, and I prefer using the Nodachi with the Snow Frost rather than the Orbitsaga.

Overall, Snow Frost is definitely a great TOTL cable. The only downside is that it's quite obvious that you need to be extra careful to keep its white color intact. I wouldn't want it to turn yellow after a few years! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

IMG_3579.jpeg
IMG_3580.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #81,059 of 88,993
Off topic, which one are you considering? I dabble into collectibles now and then :)
There's a custom batman beyond based on the neo-gotham storyline for about a grand...and then I discovered another Chinese company that does Nier and Samus and now I'm debating getting A2. Just don't want to pay markup prices for her. What would be IEM money is now firmly split between the kiddo and toys...which are mostly for me.

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #81,060 of 88,993
Hey friends! I'm super excited to introduce Snow Frost from Erua Audio to my cable collection. It looks absolutely stunning in Snow White, almost like the white version of Orpheus! :gs1000smile:

IMG_3585.jpeg

I had the chance to demo this little white monster during my trip to Taiwan a few months ago, and it really surprised me in a pleasant way. It was enough for me to make the decision to purchase one for myself. Being a pure silver cable, it doesn't have the bright and analytical vibes that I've experienced with other silver cables. Instead, it has a lush and organic vocal presentation that I find really appealing. It also tames and smooths out the treble edges, while still retaining the detailed characteristics that silver cables are known for.

I've tried the cable with various IEMs, and out of all of them, I found the best pairing with my Nodachi. When paired with the Nodachi and Azla Max ASMR tips, and driven by the P6Pro Ti, it creates a combination that is the best I've heard for female vocal tracks, especially Mandarin/JPOP songs or ballads. The lushness and texture of the vocals are simply amazing. You can hear the breathing and whispers in such a detailed way, while the controlled sibilance prevents any fatigue.

IMG_3570.jpeg

I quickly demoed the Shirogane 8W a few times in the past, and from what I remember, I can confirm that they complement each other well. The Shirogane 8W adds a bit more resolution and thickness to the sound, while the Snow Frost has a specially tuned midrange. It ultimately comes down to specific pairings with different IEMs to find the perfect combination. Personally, I prefer the Viking Prestige on the Shirogane more than on the Snow Frost though.

When comparing it to the Orpheus shielding that I previously owned (and just sold), I noticed that both cables have well-tuned mids, but the Snow Frost sacrifices a bit of detail for Orpheus's soundstage and fullness. However, they both have that analog charm that I love.

In comparison to the BeatAudio Orbitsaga, the holographic soundstage and bass energy of the Orbitsaga are still unmatched. However, I found the mids on the Snow Frost to be more emotional, and I prefer using the Nodachi with the Snow Frost rather than the Orbitsaga.

Overall, Snow Frost is definitely a great TOTL cable. The only downside is that it's quite obvious that you need to be extra careful to keep its white color intact. I wouldn't want it to turn yellow after a few years! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

IMG_3579.jpegIMG_3580.jpeg
That plug makes the 4.4 look like a 3.5 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back