The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #81,031 of 89,964
That would most likely depend on a number of factors. For starters which version of the Raven are you asking about? On the Grand Maestro set what module are you using with it?

Watercooler, does anyone have any recommendations for a good "fun" sounding iem? Appreciate your insights. Thank you in advance.
It's true that there are several factors to take into account :)

I have the feeling that possibly the most similar tuning to Raven V2 is with the blue module and the vocal switch off, which I think corresponds to the red line in the following graph:

Attachments

• GM_Graph.PNG
    GM_Graph.PNG
    248.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #81,033 of 89,964
I loved the sound of the Trifecta but for some reason I had real issues with the fit. Another thing that bugged me, is the roughness of the seal that joins the shell together, considering its premium price and status it felt rather cheap to have this but I guess that is a small thing really. I loved how ballsy CFA were with the Trifecta in making something so out there and polarising. I enjoy it when companies take risks, often for me those end up being the most enjoyable products.

Meanwhile I hope to secure a demo of the RN6. The Loki is also available, but what I read of the RN6 suggests its more in line with my preferences.
I would love to buy the Trifecta sometime this year. Can't get my mind off it.

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #81,034 of 89,964
It's true that there are several factors to take into account :)

I have the feeling that possibly the most similar tuning to Raven V2 is with the blue module and the vocal switch off, which I think corresponds to the red line in the following graph:
Does Raven V2 graph differently than V1?

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #81,036 of 89,964
Does Raven V2 graph differently than V1?

I understand that the graph is exactly the same, however, Jackvang confirmed that due to the structural changes in V2 a slight improvement in bass could be seen, but that it cannot be seen in the graph, possibly due to a greater effect of bone conduction :)

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #81,038 of 89,964
Trifecta. If I can only have one, this will be it

Same. The more I listen to other IEMs, the more I love my Trifecta. This is in no small part to the synergy with the WM1Z, which effectively turned it into a whole new IEM for me. Right now my interest in new gear has almost dropped off the map. There is currently a Fei Wan sized hole in my collection but I don't see that getting filled until I can secure a reasonable deal on a used one down the road.

F34D33BC-0EDC-48D7-9835-63952E659292.JPEG

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #81,039 of 89,964
Same. The more I listen to other IEMs, the more I love my Trifecta. This is in no small part to the synergy with the WM1Z, which effectively turned it into a whole new IEM for me. Right now my interest in new gear has almost dropped off the map. There is currently a Fei Wan sized whole in my collection but I don't see that getting filled until I can secure a reasonable deal on a used one down the road.

I get so much enjoyment every time you post about your love for the wm1z + trifecta, because it's so rare in this hobby to have something you like so much. It always feels like your chasing for the next thing.

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #81,040 of 89,964
I get so much enjoyment every time you post about your love for the wm1z + trifecta, because it's so rare in this hobby to have something you like so much. It always feels like your chasing for the next thing.
It's good to fall in love once in a while, even if not forever. :blush:

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #81,042 of 89,964
This popped up in a toy group I'm in today. I glanced at it, laughed, then went back to crying as I tried to determine financing options for a Batman statue.FB_IMG_1707502859037.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #81,043 of 89,964
This popped up in a toy group I'm in today. I glanced at it, laughed, then went back to crying as I tried to determine financing options for a Batman statue.
Meanwhile my excuse is that both of my Detolfs are full and there's only so much creative spacing I can do and also Ikea jacked up the price, they were out of stock consistently and then discontinued.

So many Chogokins I want to get.😭

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #81,044 of 89,964
I loved the sound of the Trifecta but for some reason I had real issues with the fit. Another thing that bugged me, is the roughness of the seal that joins the shell together, considering its premium price and status it felt rather cheap to have this but I guess that is a small thing really. I loved how ballsy CFA were with the Trifecta in making something so out there and polarising. I enjoy it when companies take risks, often for me those end up being the most enjoyable products.

Meanwhile I hope to secure a demo of the RN6. The Loki is also available, but what I read of the RN6 suggests its more in line with my preferences.
Hehe. :wink:

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #81,045 of 89,964
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate. It also have 3 tuning switches to change up the sound.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Maestro Mini as a v shaped bassy set. If not for my decision to not buy Penon IEMs anymore, I would have bought this one to keep at work.

DSCF4359.jpg

DSCF4362.jpg

DSCF4363.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back