The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #75,586 of 88,254
Fantastic set, love my TZ700 and reminds me I must have a listen again!

Symbio F work really well and provide further isolation.

IMG_7370.jpeg

Wow great pic and I will have to look into that cord. And, good to hear about the Symbio F, tthey're exactly what I'm planning to test with them. I just saw your recent post about the Turii Ti, they are a much more expensive set but anyway I'm curious how you'd compare them? Or really any other similar iems, esp. 1DD with a similar form factor that you think may best these at around the same cost.

Happy to be of some help. I think they would be pretty popular if more people got them in their ears but the price/packaging is a bit daunting for something so unassuming and Technics aren't big in this specific pocket of audio. Sure the IER-Z1R are more impressive and immersive but I can't wear those for hours on end. I make most of my audio purchases based on the cult followings around them, Z1R, Oriolus, Penon, Dethonray etc 😅

It's funny, yeah they are very unassuming and actually I didn't notice them, staff had to point them out for me. For whatever it's worth I have tried the IER-Z1R a few times and I much prefer these Technics, both for sound and (to use this phrase again...) form factor. And thank you it was a big help, great set.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #75,587 of 88,254
For Electronic music like this:

IMG_4118.png

The Bonneville are the best IEM’s I’ve heard that I can recall right now.

APC_0453.jpeg

Haven’t moved into any other genres yet, they just arrived a bit ago but on 1st listen via the Apple Dongle they are exactly what I’d hope for in an Electronic Music listen to my ears.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #75,588 of 88,254
Wow great pic and I will have to look into that cord. And, good to hear about the Symbio F, tthey're exactly what I'm planning to test with them. I just saw your recent post about the Turii Ti, they are a much more expensive set but anyway I'm curious how you'd compare them? Or really any other similar iems, esp. 1DD with a similar form factor that you think may best these at around the same cost.

It's funny, yeah they are very unassuming and actually I didn't notice them, staff had to point them out for me. For whatever it's worth I have tried the IER-Z1R a few times and I much prefer these Technics, both for sound and (to use this phrase again...) form factor. And thank you it was a big help, great set.
So happy to see the technics getting the love they deserve! Such an underrated set loved my time with them

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #75,589 of 88,254

The TIMSOK TS-316 make for a very complementary set with TZ700, they lean more euphonic and musical compared to the more reference tuned TZ700. I’d consider the TS-316 as the best DD I’ve heard under $1,000… good deep bass, lush and clear mids with sufficient sparkle up top - excellent layering and imaging, with a nice wide stereo presentation. I’ve said it a few times now but I’ll say it again, a highly addictive set!

IMG_9534.jpeg

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #75,591 of 88,254
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #75,592 of 88,254
I had a great time today with Turii Ti and LPGT Ti - absolutely perfect synergy and Turii Ti remains my GOAT DD since August 2022… I certainly understand why those who seek deep bass won’t fully appreciate, but for the vast majority of segments of my library I reach for with this set, absolutely nothing comes close. While I love other DDs, the magic becomes apparent immediately when I revisit… Resolution, imaging, layering and timbre are absolutely captivating with genres such as ambient, modern classical, acoustic, experimental electronica etc.

I fully expect Perpetua to be a very complementary set at least!

Old photo for visual purposes :)

Gotta check it out one day... :) I can dream.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #75,593 of 88,254
The TIMSOK TS-316 make for a very complementary set with TZ700, they lean more euphonic and musical compared to the more reference tuned TZ700. I’d consider the TS-316 as the best DD I’ve heard under $1,000… good deep bass, lush and clear mids with sufficient sparkle up top - excellent layering and imaging, with a nice wide stereo presentation. I’ve said it a few times now but I’ll say it again, a highly addictive set!

IMG_9534.jpeg
Is it Tim's OK or Tim's Soks? 🤣

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #75,596 of 88,254
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #75,597 of 88,254
For Electronic music like this:

IMG_4118.png

The Bonneville are the best IEM’s I’ve heard that I can recall right now.

APC_0453.jpeg

Haven’t moved into any other genres yet, they just arrived a bit ago but on 1st listen via the Apple Dongle they are exactly what I’d hope for in an Electronic Music listen to my ears.
The hifi world just needs more purple in it IMHO. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing that vision ears ext with the eletech tyrian someone was selling a while back. I need a hookup on a nice purple IEM cable.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #75,599 of 88,254
The hifi world just needs more purple in it IMHO. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing that vision ears ext with the eletech tyrian someone was selling a while back. I need a hookup on a nice purple IEM cable.
I agree, those are a great Purple. Had a friend let me demo his for a few weeks.

The Bonneville become a keeper and I’ll get the purple ones. These are very different from the Blackstar. I wasn’t expecting such a different tuning so expectation bias got me there. “Expectations are preplanned resentments” didn’t hold true in this instance. I find the Bonneville to much more my taste with my current genres but can see the Black Star as a great complementary IEM. Bonneville are comfortable but Black Star take it up a notch based on shell size.

I find these more enjoyable of a listen to my ears than Odin albeit they are similarly voiced.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #75,600 of 88,254
Because it’s the season of giving… and the fact I will not use them.. if anyone wants these for free let me know. I bought them from PlusSound during Black Friday. They sell for $10 a piece but I can’t use them as they’re a bit too small for CIEMs, and probably some UIEMs also to be honest. I’d rather them go to use than sit here and collect dust and annoy me having to see them since they don’t fit anything I own. Shoot me a PM.

Edit: gone

IMG_8045.jpeg

Glad I found this post before buying! Are these smaller or less expandable than the CFA mesh bags as those seem to fit CIEM fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back