The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 23, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #71,371 of 89,797
I'm officialy smitten with the Perpetua. It actually motivated me to get out of bed a little earlier just to get more ear time with it before heading to work. The bass, midrange timbre, coherence and overall tuning are right up my alley. Staging and overall technicals are pretty damn impressive for a single DD also. I posted a top 10 list a few days ago that I said was subject to change...I just modified it to include Perpetua:

Annihilator
Rn6
Bonneville
Trifecta
Amber Pearl
Perpetua
Viking Damascus
Electron 12
Monachaa
Traillii

In other news I'm trying to put together a tour list for the Eletech Purgatorio headphone cable. I made a list earlier but can't find it. Could interested folks in the US and Canada please sound off in the tour thread? Thanks.

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #71,372 of 89,797
Absolutely love this little thing already. BT convenience trumps any SQ improvements RU7 might have, and I preferred the SQ on this anyway and it’s cheaper than the RU7 surprisingly.

Raphael cable?

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #71,374 of 89,797
I'm officialy smitten with the Perpetua. It actually motivated me to get out of bed a little earlier just to get more ear time with it before heading to work. The bass, midrange timbre, coherence and overall tuning are right up my alley. Staging and overall technicals are pretty damn impressive for a single DD also. I posted a top 10 list a few days ago that I said was subject to change...I just modified it to include Perpetua:

Annihilator
Rn6
Bonneville
Trifecta
Amber Pearl
Perpetua
Viking Damascus
Electron 12
Monachaa
Traillii

In other news I'm trying to put together a tour list for the Eletech Purgatorio headphone cable. I made a list earlier but can't find it. Could interested folks in the US and Canada please sound off in the tour thread? Thanks.
How would you rate the comfort so far!?

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #71,375 of 89,797
Yup with EXT. :D
It’s sooo good with vision ears right!! I have mine on the aura and they sound beautiful together 🔥👍🏼

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #71,376 of 89,797
It’s sooo good with vision ears right!! I have mine on the aura and they sound beautiful together 🔥👍🏼
Absolutely. Makes the bass on VE8 sound closer to a DD. Gives mids nice grit to them.
For the EXT it balances out the bass and treble really well, gives it a warmer signature which I prefer.

Now if I could find an Aura to demo. I just gonna hope that Canjam SG has them.

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #71,377 of 89,797
How would you rate the comfort so far!?

That was the one thing I was worried about given my experience with Singularity. So far so good, though I do find I need to use OG Sednafit tips as their longer stem helps the fit in this case.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #71,378 of 89,797
That was the one thing I was worried about given my experience with Singularity. So far so good, though I do find I need to use OG Sednafit tips as their longer stem helps the fit in this case.

That is my worry with the dita lol I’m really gonna have to test the fit first but dang I really wanna hear it … would you say it has more sub-bass or mid bass ?

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #71,379 of 89,797
Absolutely. Makes the bass on VE8 sound closer to a DD. Gives mids nice grit to them.
For the EXT it balances out the bass and treble really well, gives it a warmer signature which I prefer.

Now if I could find an Aura to demo. I just gonna hope that Canjam SG has them.
Definitely try them if you find them at canjam love the Aura with Raphael cable and baroque tips … combo blew me away on the Sony WM1ZM2 + Euforia 😮‍💨🔥
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #71,380 of 89,797
That is my worry with the dita lol I’m really gonna have to test the fit first but dang I really wanna hear it … would you say it has more sub-bass or mid bass ?

It's got a beautiful balance of both imho. Lack of sufficient mid-bass oomph/presence is one of my primary deal breakers and the Perpetua does it just right. The signature on the whole is very mature and refined but still very enthralling and engaging-- it's a great DD based pallette cleanser sort of IEM.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #71,382 of 89,797
It's got a beautiful balance of both imho. Lack of sufficient mid-bass oomph/presence is one of my primary deal breakers and the Perpetua does it just right. The signature on the whole is very mature and refined but still very enthralling and engaging-- it's a great DD based pallette cleanser sort of IEM.
What does it sound closest to in terms of tone and balance compared to other IEMs you've heard? Rn6?

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #71,383 of 89,797
P_20231123_224406.jpg
Always love this song 🥰
My family went to their concert last night. I gave my ticket to my cousin and am going to the Bangkok one instead next year. Kind of regret though it was raining all night and the ambience seemed amazing.

Chris even sang an impromptu song ‘Malaysian Rain’ for the occasion 😂

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #71,384 of 89,797
I’m new to the Watercooler but I thought I’d post my little travel kit from the Ritz Club Lounge this morning in San Francisco. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
View attachment IMG_4182.jpeg

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #71,385 of 89,797
1700755463181.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back