The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #69,856 of 87,789
And I bet you have tested most of the current $20-999 offerings, right?

I don't even know why I'm asking this, you surely must have tried at least 70% of these sets and only then decided that this exact number of $1000 as the absolute highpass filter of goodness.

Not sure why you're having such a hard time with this concept.

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #69,858 of 87,789
Tell me more about the CMA Twelve Master pairing with these Campfire IEMs please and thank you!
For me, the best part about the pairing with CMA Twelve Master is how tight and slammy the bass becomes. The Supermoon already has good bass slam but CMA Twelve Master takes it up a notch.

On the Bonneville, I have to use low-gain and greatly reduce the volume pot (because of how sensitive it is) but the changes are very interesting. There is some mid-bass bleed in the Bonneville that CMA Twelve Master mostly takes care of. Layering of instruments is exaggerated even further, while the stage depth gets a slight increase over LPGT. However, the treble also gets a bit more sizzly, so for the Bonneville I am a bit on the fence with this particular pairing (tip rolling might help in this regard).

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #69,859 of 87,789
Not sure why you're having such a hard time with this concept.
You feel as a group trying desperately (to an outside world) to defend a very subjective price point that makes you feel good/better.

Then, in one of the comments here this hobby was compared very correctly to fashion business.

$30 bag or $3000 bag - they both do their job well. Surely, $3000 one is more fancy and can justify collecting them for a good hobby to some.

The lack of objectivity is perfectly exemplified in "cable rolling", where the lack of any objective evidence is crystal clear.

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #69,860 of 87,789
Well you sure are a bummer to others. if not upset. None of your criticism is constructive. You just attack other people’s opinions. It’s getting old.
I bet quite a few might find the sentence that all sets below $1k are crap a bigger bummer than my sulking. That's like saying cars get good at $100k and everything below that just causes traffic jams.

But let's not dwell on this for too long, I agree it's completely unproductive and I'm certainly representing a minority here.

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #69,861 of 87,789
I bet quite a few might find the sentence that all sets below $1k are crap a bigger bummer than my sulking. That's like saying cars get good at $100k and everything below that just causes traffic jams.

But let's not dwell on this for too long, I agree it's completely unproductive and I'm certainly representing a minority here.
He did not say that but ok 😂 you’re putting words in his mouth it seems that you read things and translate it in your own negative context but yeah instead of being “Tongue in cheek” why don’t you say what your favorite Iem is in your own opinion and explain

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #69,862 of 87,789

Why do you have to make up stuff to prove whatever your point is? No one said stuff under 1k is crap.
Maybe you need to read the post again since you're clearly confused.

But you're right let's not dwell on you making up lies since it's so very unproductive

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #69,863 of 87,789
For me, the best part about the pairing with CMA Twelve Master is how tight and slammy the bass becomes. The Supermoon already has good bass slam but CMA Twelve Master takes it up a notch.

On the Bonneville, I have to use low-gain and greatly reduce the volume pot (because of how sensitive it is) but the changes are very interesting. There is some mid-bass bleed in the Bonneville that CMA Twelve Master mostly takes care of. Layering of instruments is exaggerated even further, while the stage depth gets a slight increase over LPGT. However, the treble also gets a bit more sizzly, so for the Bonneville I am a bit on the fence with this particular pairing (tip rolling might help in this regard).
That sounds like the Supermoon would be fun. I haven't ran into many Head-Fiers that like IEMs and use them with the CMA Twelve Master. If you get a chance try the U12t with the CMA Twelve Master on low gain and toggle the bias switch.

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #69,864 of 87,789
Does anyone know, what happens here? New capacitors? New software?

And secondly, did you get a new unit or do you have still the same serial? 🙏🏻

I got a different serial / new unit as I didn’t care to wait to get mine repaired just to keep the same serial #

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #69,865 of 87,789
A bad example, cars below 100K cause traffic jams because there are more of them. I don't understand why replacing cables or expensive iems arouse so many emotions. If you believe and hear the difference in cables - you buy, you don't believe and don't hear - you don't buy. The same applies to iems. This topic comes up on every audio forum and brings nothing.

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #69,866 of 87,789
Such a wonderfully contrasted view to the one at 'The Watercooler thread' where people are restlessly pushing their agenda of making everyone feel bad about their sub-kilobuck sets.

Just for the record, nobody here has ever made me feel bad about any gear of any kind, regardless of price point.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #69,868 of 87,789
Just for the record, nobody here has ever made me feel bad about any gear of any kind, regardless of price point.

This was strange. I clicked on the OG post and it took me to another thread.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #69,869 of 87,789
+100 for this statement.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #69,870 of 87,789
Guys, I'm glad this topic caught some attention, but please do not let this be anything but a minor speed bump in your way. Let's get back to scheduled programming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back