The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #69,871 of 89,215
Received the Canpur CP622B and CP54E demos from MusicTeck to take to CanJam Dallas this weekend for anyone to audition, reach out to me if you’d like to hear them (preferably Saturday).

The 622B is very impressive. It sort of a neutral with sub bass boost tonality, it’s got a neutral low mid range with slightly pulled back upper mids and a natural but well detailed and extended treble response. Overall it’s just fairly inoffensive and easy to listen to. The BCD mids are awesome, very spacious with pinpoint imaging with a sort of “reverb” thing going on, I’d highly recommend checking this one out.

IMG_7324.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #69,872 of 89,215
Received the Canpur CP622B and CP54E demos from MusicTeck to take to CanJam Dallas this weekend for anyone to audition, reach out to me if you’d like to hear them (preferably Saturday).

The 622B is very impressive. It sort of a neutral with sub bass boost tonality, it’s got a neutral low mid range with slightly pulled back upper mids and a natural but well detailed and extended treble response. Overall it’s just fairly inoffensive and easy to listen to. The BCD mids are awesome, very spacious with pinpoint imaging with a sort of “reverb” thing going on, I’d highly recommend checking this one out.

I have been beyond curious about this set please give me a scale of the resolution If you can I’ve heard it is among the best 👀

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #69,873 of 89,215
What to you makes an IEM classic?

Earlier “hall of fame” has been mentioned as well. But this got me wondering what actual HOF IEM’s there are, and why they are a classic / HOF.

My list in no particular order(and I did not even hear them all) for now would be:

- Odin
- Traillii
- Trifecta
- IE900
- IER Z1R
- Erkoling
- Jewel
- Amber Pearl
- viking damascus
- Rn6

For me an IEM is HOF worthy when its constantly being discussed, generally received well, pushes boundaries, stands the test of time, can be controversial.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #69,874 of 89,215
I have been beyond curious about this set please give me a scale of the resolution If you can I’ve heard it is among the best 👀

Hmm I won’t ever “rank” anything but resolution and detail on the 622 is pretty good, it’s not Storm levels of resolution or transparency and it’s not quite going for that tuning either but I doubt anyone would find it lacking. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It presents the music in a bit more of an effortless/natural manner where sometimes more resolving sets will throw more in your face.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #69,875 of 89,215
I bet quite a few might find the sentence that all sets below $1k are crap a bigger bummer than my sulking. That's like saying cars get good at $100k and everything below that just causes traffic jams.

But let's not dwell on this for too long, I agree it's completely unproductive and I'm certainly representing a minority here.
First of all, no one has said they’re “crap”. Get your facts straight.
Second, it’s opinions.
Third, you keep on saying “let’s move on” but every other post is a complain of snarky remark on somebody’s post.

Being respectful of other people’s opinion will make it easier for you to be part of the community, instead of being ignored and/or banned in the end.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #69,876 of 89,215
Hmm I won’t ever “rank” anything but resolution and detail on the 622 is pretty good, it’s not Storm levels of resolution or transparency and it’s not quite going for that tuning either but I doubt anyone would find it lacking. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It presents the music in a bit more of an effortless/natural manner where sometimes more resolving sets will throw more in your face.
Thank you for letting me know :) the 622 has been highly regarded behind the scenes for a little while now, and I’ve been eagerly waiting for its release someone has told me it can beat most sets below the subatomic storm in scale of resolution so I’ve been looking forward to more impressions !

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #69,877 of 89,215
Thank you for letting me know :) the 622 has been highly regarded behind the scenes for a little while now, and I’ve been eagerly waiting for its release someone has told me it can beat most sets below the subatomic storm in scale of resolution so I’ve been looking forward to more impressions !

It’s a great set but I’m not sure I’d say it beats most sets in resolution except Storm. Sets like Annihilator, Fei Wan, and UM Amber Pearl are also more resolving to me than 622B. So while it does have good resolution I wouldn’t exactly say it’s anything that special either in this regard. For me the unique property in the 622B come from its spacious imaging and decay throughout its mid range. The mids are fantastic.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #69,878 of 89,215
I live in Europe but I think there are more good deals in the USA
In Europe it's so bad that it can be cheaper to buy from US offers after paid taxes and transport are still lover than official prices.
Plus there's fewer shops dedicated to our passion. Some in UK, Swiss, Germany and France so no concurrence on pricing.
Lot of this was setup to avoid dumping but now it's getting difficult to buy gears from UK citizen.

It also means we have less opportunity to listen and compare.
The shops thats setup the logistic put a premium to get the job done.

Our hobby is very special and I'm OK to paid that premium but
I'm questioning some behaviors that cheers unambiguous unfair pricing from brands
like they have direct stakes in it and at the depend of community.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #69,879 of 89,215
It’s a great set but I’m not sure I’d say it beats most sets in resolution except Storm. Sets like Annihilator, Fei Wan, and UM Amber Pearl are also more resolving to me than 622B. So while it does have good resolution I wouldn’t exactly say it’s anything that special either in this regard. For me the unique property in the 622B come from its spacious imaging and decay throughout its mid range. The mids are fantastic.
Interesting 🤔 might have to throw it up against my Aura and my buddies traillii if that is the case 😁 maybe the mentor or red halo would also be a decent comparison ..nice little mid range shoot out

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #69,880 of 89,215
In Europe it's so bad that it can be cheaper to buy from US offers after paid taxes and transport are still lover than official prices.
Plus there's fewer shops dedicated to our passion. Some in UK, Swiss, Germany and France so no concurrence on pricing.
Lot of this was setup to avoid dumping but now it's getting difficult to buy gears from UK citizen.

It also means we have less opportunity to listen and compare.
The shops thats setup the logistic put a premium to get the job done.

Our hobby is very special and I'm OK to paid that premium but
I'm questioning some behaviors that cheers unambiguous unfair pricing from brands
like they have direct stakes in it and at the depend of community.
Where does so much bad energy come from today? Expensive IEMS, bad Europe, cables make no sense. This hobby is supposed to give pleasure while listening to music, you can always visit interesting countries and see, listen or buy cheaper.A little effort to obtain will give you more pleasure

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #69,881 of 89,215
Where does so much bad energy come from today? Expensive IEMS, bad Europe, cables make no sense. This hobby is supposed to give pleasure while listening to music, you can always visit interesting countries and see, listen or buy cheaper.A little effort to obtain will give you more pleasure
It would indeed be cheaper for some IEM’s to fly and collect. Than to buy locally woth dealer price + euro tax 😅 get a nice holiday out of it.

But yeah, enjoy the hobby! + buy classified and give different values to sending service/ customs lol (jokes ofc)

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #69,882 of 89,215
Where does so much bad energy come from today
You interpret that as bad energy but this is factual.
Please address any points with fact not mere comment.

We can make this better and growth a bigger market/community by making more inclusive and better pricing not exclusive.

If this is recurrent maybe this need to be discussed not simply dismissed by just going ad hominem

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #69,883 of 89,215
It would indeed be cheaper for some IEM’s to fly and collect. Than to buy locally woth dealer price + euro tax 😅 get a nice holiday out of it.

But yeah, enjoy the hobby! + buy classified and give different values to sending service/ customs lol (jokes ofc)
As you can see, you have a lot of choices in life, and which one is right for you is your choice. People from the USA, write the same about equipment from Europe.Stay calm and enjoy life 😄😉

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #69,884 of 89,215
You interpret that as bad energy but this is factual.
Please address any points with fact not mere comment.

We can make this better and growth a bigger market/community by making more inclusive and better pricing not exclusive.

If this is recurrent maybe this need to be discussed not simply dismissed by just going ad hominem
The hi-end audio market is a niche market in Europe, the demand in the USA and Asia is much higher, regulations on securing the inflow of products from outside the EU protects local producers, etc. 35 years ago it also irritated me and believe me that 99% of people in Europe are not interested in the new dap from another part of the world, for crazy people like us you have AudioShow Munich, Warsaw, London.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #69,885 of 89,215
On the subject of buying or trying audio while abroad, my work takes me to Vegas at the end of the month - I’m guessing probably not a location for IEM dealers etc, but asking just in case! I might even take the opportunity to purchase from a US dealer and ship to my hotel…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back