The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 28, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #68,746 of 88,290
Hello everyone-- @Andrew DiMarcangelo has offered to provide me with an Eletech Purgatorio cable for tour. This is a headphone cable and not an IEM cable and since we are by definition interested mostly in IEMs I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not there is sufficient interest in our tour community. If I could get ten or so interested parties I feel it would be worth it.

Any takers?
Count me in :)

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #68,748 of 88,290
My @EffectAudio Centurion has finally reached my hands and it sounds (and looks) glorious. I had tried the Centurion earlier in Singapore at the EA lounge and had it on good authority that it pairs well with the Trifecta, and am happy to report that indeed it does!

IMG_5307.jpeg

Immediate impressions attest to cleaner upper mids, even more textured bass, and a certain precision to definition of notes.

A big thank you, yet again, to the one and only Andrew of @MusicTeck fame.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #68,749 of 88,290
My @EffectAudio Centurion has finally reached my hands and it sounds (and looks) glorious. I had tried the Centurion earlier in Singapore at the EA lounge and had it on good authority that it pairs well with the Trifecta, and am happy to report that indeed it does!

IMG_5304.jpeg

IMG_5307.jpeg

Immediate impressions attest to cleaner upper mids, even more textured bass, and a certain precision to definition of notes.

And here we have the winner for the most beautiful IEM award!

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #68,750 of 88,290
Firstly, I would like to say I personally really enjoy Aur EIMs and I find them great quality and Abel's tuning is excellent. That being said, the exercise in promotion that is being talked about here is a perfect way to totally ruin any of the tattered reputation the company may have left. Which is a shame. Why oh why can't people do what they should do, i.e. making and posting sets to people who wish to buy them. Basically, stop screwing up your own company. :slight_frown:
For a newcome like me who has just been in the hobby, I think it is a complex where a certain manufacturer wants to be like an underground artist but have the same reach and affluence of a commercially successful one.

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #68,752 of 88,290
Perfect for EXT in terms of comfort or sound?
I'm awaiting the spiral dots++ and wonder how they compare to the ETs. I planing to buy these too, but they aren't available in germany jet.

In comfort

I can chime in on this from my perspective as I have both and have used both on EXT. You are still in good company with the Spiral dot ++, I find them better than the ET's for my preference. They are more comfortable and the material seems to disappear in my ear better and create a better seal. The ET's seem to make the treble brighter but something in the bass is missing, overall I find Spiral Dot++ are still the best fit for EXT. The ET's work better on Empire Ears IEM's from my experimenting.

Ja, I agree @Tristy where I hear treble brighter a touch brighter and flatter bass(?) with the pairing. I also prefer SpiralDots++ on EXT in sound and fit.

I like ET a bit more on XE6 but wish they were available in XL.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #68,753 of 88,290
Hello everyone-- @Andrew DiMarcangelo has offered to provide me with an Eletech Purgatorio cable for tour. This is a headphone cable and not an IEM cable and since we are by definition interested mostly in IEMs I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not there is sufficient interest in our tour community. If I could get ten or so interested parties I feel it would be worth it.

Any takers?
I'd be interested, Mini XLR/XLR works with my recently acquired ZMF. Haven't been on the tour thread yet, will check it out

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #68,754 of 88,290
As if I didn't already want these, now this.... SwapX!

https://www.firaudio.com/designer

I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Collect them all!

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #68,757 of 88,290

IMG_5307.jpeg

Nice. I pair my Trifecta with Centurion. It is indeed a great match.

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #68,760 of 88,290

Users who are viewing this thread

Back