The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 19, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #61,592 of 87,893
It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1) Grand Maestro
2) RN6
3) Phonix LE

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #61,593 of 87,893
It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta

1) Elysian Annihilator 2023
2) U12t
3) Elysian Diva 2023/Helios SE

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #61,594 of 87,893
Time for some single DD goodenss....Nightjar Singularity in the house.

93F06A8F-B2AA-4A90-ADED-F69D6E0FAF5E.JPEG

903D8502-BF01-438E-8311-D6DF2CA0ED48.JPEG

15B7A2DD-65FA-49C4-9A9C-1D9C3366D290.JPEG

I first heard the Singularity in prototype form at CanJam NYC. It was a short demo but I liked it enough to commit to this premier edition of the IEM which has been landing in the hands of a few of us "early adopters" this week. Very early days but I'm loving this IEM so far. Impacful but disciplined bass, great end to end extension (this is one of its strong suits-- usually single DDs drop the ball somewhat at one end of the other), timbre and coherence top knotch, and the overall tonality achieves a great balance for me. Upper mids and highs are airy and spacious, with enough meat in the lower mids and mid-bass for me (a common issue I have). All in all so far I feel the Singularity is a superbly compelling IEM and anyone into DDs should have this one high on their list to try out. A solid win in my opinion for @Chang and co. at Nightjar. This will be a brand to watch going forward.
Does it beat Dorado for you ?

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #61,595 of 87,893
The tuning is magnificent. Everything is there in perfect amounts for me, tonally and technically right down to the muscular authority in the notes it puts out. This is another of those IEMs that is making me want to revisit my whole library and I'm already suspecting it will be in my ears for most of the summer.

My pleasure man. It helped that I was able to demo in NYC so I knew exactly what I was getting into-- and suffice to say I am not disappointed. Quality, perfectionism and attention to detail shines forth from every pore from the packaging on up to the build quality and sound. You guys have been awesome and professional to deal with and I can't wait to hear what's next? (Duality? :)

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1) Viking Ragnar
2) RN6
3) Trifecta.

Though to be fair the positions change depending on my mood.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #61,596 of 87,893
The tuning is magnificent. Everything is there in perfect amounts for me, tonally and technically right down to the muscular authority in the notes it puts out. This is another of those IEMs that is making me want to revisit my whole library and I'm already suspecting it will be in my ears for most of the summer.

My pleasure man. It helped that I was able to demo in NYC so I knew exactly what I was getting into-- and suffice to say I am not disappointed. Quality, perfectionism and attention to detail shines forth from every pore from the packaging on up to the build quality and sound. You guys have been awesome and professional to deal with and I can't wait to hear what's next? (Duality? :)

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1. FatFreq Maestro SE
2. Penon Impact
3. SoundRhyme SR8

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #61,597 of 87,893
1) Phonix LE
T2) Rn6/Annihilator 23

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #61,598 of 87,893
I’ll update my list when my Singularity ships. No notice yet. Always the last to the party, it seems.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #61,599 of 87,893

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
Tesseract
Ragnar
Indigo

Hoping for either a planar iem or full sized headphone in the nearish future maybe. Thinking the meze elite with the new eletech purgatorio.

Jul 19, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #61,602 of 87,893

93F06A8F-B2AA-4A90-ADED-F69D6E0FAF5E.JPEG

903D8502-BF01-438E-8311-D6DF2CA0ED48.JPEG

15B7A2DD-65FA-49C4-9A9C-1D9C3366D290.JPEG

I first heard the Singularity in prototype form at CanJam NYC. It was a short demo but I liked it enough to commit to this premier edition of the IEM which has been landing in the hands of a few of us "early adopters" this week. Very early days but I'm loving this IEM so far. Impacful but disciplined bass, great end to end extension (this is one of its strong suits-- usually single DDs drop the ball somewhat at one end of the other), timbre and coherence top knotch, and the overall tonality achieves a great balance for me. Upper mids and highs are airy and spacious, with enough meat in the lower mids and mid-bass for me (a common issue I have). All in all so far I feel the Singularity is a superbly compelling IEM and anyone into DDs should have this one high on their list to try out. A solid win in my opinion for @Chang and co. at Nightjar. This will be a brand to watch going forward.
Congrats once again Jeff! Looking forward to hearing this again at some point. How do you think it fares technically to multi driver iems like Trifecta or RN6 for example?

Jul 19, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #61,603 of 87,893
This is super hard for me this time around.

I’ve owned so many wonderful iems that have paired well with my library but if I’m strictly going by what I have on hand that is owning my heart it would be as follows

1) Dita Perpetua
2) EE Odin
3) Aroma Jewel (yes I’m late to the party but I just received this in a trade and with good amplification it really soars!!)

If we are speaking of things to come or lusts it would be as follows

1) Subtonic Storm
2) Elysian DIO
3) AK x VE AURA

Forgot a very important segment....BUDS aka Flatheads

1) Cypherus Audio Susvara tuned Black Dragon Ti
2) TGXEar unreleased Flagship
3) Venture Electronics APWS

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #61,604 of 87,893
Hey guys, my full review of PW Audio's legendary Orpheus is now online here. Enjoy!

This is so well written Guy. I love your writing style and the emotions you so expertly convey and evoke. I agree with your assessment of the Orphy and count myself fortunate to have been given the opportunity (shout out to @metaljem77) to audition this special cable. The closest I have come to owing a piece of this audio nirvana is the FTS and while the Orphy is out of my reach, the FTS is no slouch either and feel blessed to be able to count this PWA cable in my collection. It is currently permanently paired with Traillii and find the synergy compelling.

You are making the rest of us jealous and can't wait to jump on the hype train when mine finally arrives! Like you, I am glad to have had the opportunity to hear a pre-production version in Singapore and I would say I was smitten (even over Duality). The expansions yet balance is truly amazing and the audition in Singapore left me wanting.

We are truly grateful to yourself and to everyone else who has given us a chance despite us being a small and relatively new brand.

It's always nerve-wracking releasing a creation out into the wild after obsessing over it for so long. Tweaking and refining, listening and nit-picking, pouring over unmeasurable differences and cross-referencing. As much as we do all the legwork we can, we never really know until it's in the hands of all of you and it is really heartening to see that the effort has paid off and that you are enjoying it! Thank you again for the support and trust, it really means the world to us 🙂
Congratulations @Chang and Nightjar. Your attention to detail is legendary and the glowing preliminary impressions are a testament to that. Like many here, I am with bated breath!

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1) Traillii
2) Indigo
3) Mentor

I have Ragnar and Singularity incoming and am stoked to reunite with those! Special mention to the IMR Titan which is burning-in at the moment.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #61,605 of 87,893
This is so well written Guy. I love your writing style and the emotions you so expertly convey and evoke. I agree with your assessment of the Orphy and count myself fortunate to have been given the opportunity (shout out to @metaljem77) to audition this special cable. The closest I have come to owing a piece of this audio nirvana is the FTS and while the Orphy is out of my reach, the FTS is no slouch either and feel blessed to be able to count this PWA cable in my collection. It is currently permanently paired with Traillii and find the synergy compelling.

You are making the rest of us jealous and can't wait to jump on the hype train when mine finally arrives! Like you, I am glad to have had the opportunity to hear a pre-production version in Singapore and I would say I was smitten (even over Duality). The expansions yet balance is truly amazing and the audition in Singapore left me wanting.

Congratulations @Chang and Nightjar. Your attention to detail is legendary and the glowing preliminary impressions are a testament to that. Like many here, I am with bated breath!

1) Traillii
2) Indigo
3) Mentor
Damn it! I had pre ordered the singularity but due to life circumstances I had to back out! I do hope I can hear it soon!! I’m so sad, but happy for all the early adopters! I have a feeling I will be ordering it again in the near future!

And Wow! @yaps66 putting Indigo before Mentor!! Is it the DD that pushed it ahead? Or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back