The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 20, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #61,621 of 89,422
I’ll update my list when my Singularity ships. No notice yet. Always the last to the party, it seems.
Same boat here...maybe it'll be in my list next time!

1. Xe6
2. CA Dorado 2020
3. SR7

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #61,623 of 89,422
Hi there beautiful 🥰🥰

I've been away for 3 days due to my wife's birthday celebration. And these have been with me on the trip. Although i have not used them all the time, these gave me assurance that i have good sound, good music with me when i need it.
IMG20230720132628.jpg
How bout u guys? What gears do you reach out for when you go on a trip? 😁

#mestmk3 #uniquem
elody
20230720_165115.jpg

😆😆😆😆

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #61,624 of 89,422
Hi there beautiful 🥰🥰

I've been away for 3 days due to my wife's birthday celebration. And these have been with me on the trip. Although i have not used them all the time, these gave me assurance that i have good sound, good music with me when i need it.

How bout u guys? What gears do you reach out for when you go on a trip? 😁

#mestmk3 #uniquem
elody
I rotate but there's always a pair of Blanc in the bag when I want something rich and organic!

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #61,625 of 89,422
It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1. AüR Audio Aurora
2. AüR Audio Neon Pro
3. AüR Audio Aure

Third spot is hard, was between Aure, Penon Serial and Sony Z1R. To long since I tried Z1R, so got pushed down. Serial can be to dark for my taste nowadays

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #61,626 of 89,422
1. AüR Audio Aurora
2. AüR Audio Neon Pro
3. AüR Audio Aure

Third spot is hard, was between Aure, Penon Serial and Sony Z1R. To long since I tried Z1R, so got pushed down. Serial can be to dark for my taste.
I feel there are similarities between the Aurora and Diva. Both highlight female vocals. Diva with medium-forward vibrant glossy colored vocals, while Aurora with neutral, organic (slightly warm?) forward vocals? But perhaps this difference in vocals presentation makes them very different?

I have the impression that Diva has brighter treble and is more airy despite a dip after upper mids causing coloration and rolling off past 18k. Perhaps the Aurora has better treble extension, but maybe a slightly darker treble presentation and less air and sparkle, but more natural timbre?

It seems both Diva and Aurora reduced mid-bass quantity and focused on sub-bass.

Would love to see more direct listening comparisons between them as unfortunately I don't think there are any atm. Not many own either IEM atm.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #61,627 of 89,422
It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta

This is an easy exercise as I focussed this hobby on my personal top 3 IEMs with their individual strengths, selling all other things (headphones, amps, other IEMs - everything):

1) Annihilator 2023
2) Mentor
3) Grand Maestro

Order changes on mood, this is my good morning version. Last night it was 1)GM 2)Mentor 3)Anni and yesterday afternoon 1)Mentor 2)Anni 3)GM :)

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #61,628 of 89,422
1) Alambic Ears Mentawai (enlivened by a new amp purchase that has expanded stage even more)
2) FranQL Pegasus (1DD 10mm) with a great tuning for instrumental and a superbly textured bass
3) AuR Audio Aure (general all rounder / EDC)

But currently spending about 70% of my time with earbuds:

1) Asura Pure White Shining
2) Zen Shining Ultimate - massive staging and full-bore sound more suited to modern genres / pop
3) TGXear Sunniva - only arrived yesterday but already gets my recommendation for an on-ramp to the world of high performing earbuds

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #61,630 of 89,422
I need to try TGXear Buds. How long is the delivery time to Europe approx?
It really depends on how busy Jim is. I think he builds to order and he is a one-man show!

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #61,631 of 89,422
I need to try TGXear Buds. How long is the delivery time to Europe approx?

To the UK it's about 7-10 days, not sure about Europe. Either way, totally worth the wait. There's also usually a lead time to create the earbud so some patience is required. :beyersmile:

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #61,632 of 89,422

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
Hmmmm

1. Unique Melody mest mk3
2. Bqeyz Winter
3. Tangzu Heyday

The sa6 mk2 will be up there when i have it in possession. Soon. 😎😎

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #61,633 of 89,422
Jul 20, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #61,635 of 89,422
Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment:

1) AüR Audio Neon Pro
2) UM Mest MK2
3) Oriolus Isabellae

1 -> Neon Pro is the best IEM I have tried. Period. Perfect technicalities, energetic and fun. It has all that U12t perfection, plus the fun and excitement that the U12t doesn't have.
2 -> The tonality of all iterations of the Mest could not be more imperfect. But both the original version and the MK2 (not the MK3) are true beasts for Hard / Progressive Rock and Metal.In other styles of music they are not so good... but I only listen to Rock and Metal 🤘
3 -> This classic does not leave me. Perfect tonality, warm bass, with high mids and highs in the right measure. Not the best technically, but who cares if the rest is as good...

I am waiting for my AüR Audio Aurora, I will probably receive it next week. So it is possible that some of these positions change, we will have to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back