The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #53,056 of 88,680
Vancouver is, in fact, a proposal of mine for a candidate city.

That would be so aweseome. In addition to being one of the most beautiful cities in the world it's prominent travel hub and as such quite accessible to folks in SoCal, NYC and even (relatively speaking) parts of Asia.

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #53,057 of 88,680
That would be so aweseome. In addition to being one of the most beautiful cities in the world it's prominent travel hub and as such quite accessible to folks in SoCal, NYC and even (relatively speaking) parts of Asia.
And I’ve always wanted to visit Vancouver. This would give me a great excuse to take time off work!

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #53,058 of 88,680
I have jokingly suggested this before, as a destination-based show that people can also plan vacations around. Sadly, the local market - which makes up the vast majority of attendees for any given CanJam - isn't nearly large enough to support a show. Not knocking Hawaii of course, just pointing out the obvious I guess.

@Currawong to play tour guide?
I have been trying to get a conference to Hawaii for decades and it never pencils in for anybody anymore except for President's Club for large sales teams. So, last year, I held my own team meeting on Maui for 10-days last October. It was a smashing success. We can do a similar thing for people who want to come out. We can schedule it ahead of time and I will get us a bunch of condos where we can have some fun and even invite some vendors if they want to come.

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #53,059 of 88,680
I have been trying to get a conference to Hawaii for decades and it never pencils in for anybody anymore except for President's Club for large sales teams. So, last year, I held my own team meeting on Maui for 10-days last October. It was a smashing success. We can do a similar thing for people who want to come out. We can schedule it ahead of time and I will get us a bunch of condos where we can have some fun and even invite some vendors if they want to come.
This sounds Epic, count me in!

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #53,060 of 88,680
Yup yup, I totally hear ya on that. :relaxed:

Vancouver is, in fact, a proposal of mine for a candidate city.

That would be a dream! Sadly, it would exceedingly difficult at best to try and convince exhibitors of that being worthwhile.

I have jokingly suggested this before, as a destination-based show that people can also plan vacations around. Sadly, the local market - which makes up the vast majority of attendees for any given CanJam - isn't nearly large enough to support a show. Not knocking Hawaii of course, just pointing out the obvious I guess.

Japan is already host to several world-class personal audio shows, Fujiya-Avic being the longest running of them. In that case, it wouldn't be a CanJam, we'd just go to Fujiya-Avic. Maybe we can get @Currawong to play tour guide?
Hi Warren!

I've received numerous questions in the Korean community if Canjam would ever make it to Seoul, Korea. Would this ever be a possibility that you can consider?

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #53,061 of 88,680
Hi Warren!

I've received numerous questions in the Korean community if Canjam would ever make it to Seoul, Korea. Would this ever be a possibility that you can consider?
Oh yes. Seoul would be a great place to have it.

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #53,062 of 88,680
Hi Warren!

Yes I agree! I love Seoul and I would take any opportunity to go back

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #53,063 of 88,680
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #53,064 of 88,680
This sounds Epic, count me in!

Sounds like it might be time for you to post an Interest Check thread in the Meets forum, to cast a wider net than just this thread? :smile: You might inadvertently discover more personal audiophiles in your area!

Hi Warren!

Yes I agree! I love Seoul and I would take any opportunity to go back

That has been discussed, yes. A lot of ideas were in play just before the pandemic, which was a major spanner in the works. Can't confirm anything of course, but we're always working on stuff. :wink:

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #53,065 of 88,680
Beautiful day today in Vancouver, Granville Island ☀️. Good place to hang out to listen to live music and enjoy the scenery.

52AC1FB4-FDE6-472F-9426-226A9CC434EA.jpeg

The public market here has a good selection of fresh produce, pastries, soups
C4276B42-EE85-4D49-A14F-87DA4C98CFC5.jpeg

Clam Chowder
5CA0D678-5FA9-468A-BB5A-82EC704A0D23.jpeg

2C1E6FAC-6104-4055-801B-2D7CDC10905D.jpeg

Sea Bus' for tourists to cross to the other side.
44356403-5E80-45ED-927B-E27BE9CF5559.jpeg

My daughter chasing the birds around ❤️
9AE8CAAF-A107-43F0-AA77-A818E78B90C8.jpeg

A Serratus session while the little one is asleep 🎶
36CE7419-B8C3-4D28-B2E8-B6DD6E92ED07.jpeg

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #53,066 of 88,680
Mar 18, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #53,067 of 88,680
Interesting. I would love the opportunity to hear all four back to back to compare. Absolutely agree on shell material impacting sound. What do you like about the sound of the silver?
FYI. The ERLK LE is also made of silver. It is just covered in black enamel for a nicer finish. I prefer the LE to the ERLK’s and Phoenix models. I think the silver cable works well with it. All are pretty darn good though.

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #53,068 of 88,680
Sounds like it might be time for you to post an Interest Check thread in the Meets forum, to cast a wider net than just this thread? :smile: You might inadvertently discover more personal audiophiles in your area!

That has been discussed, yes. A lot of ideas were in play just before the pandemic, which was a major spanner in the works. Can't confirm anything of course, but we're always working on stuff. :wink:
If you have a CanJam in Korea, I am there as long as I don't have a conflict.

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #53,069 of 88,680
Usually these are usually easier said than done I feel....we wanted a DD Elysium and got the EXT, and it is a completely different thing (in a good way).

Indeed. By the same token I hope we get an evolute of the Traillii and not simply another Traillii.

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #53,070 of 88,680
微信图片_20230204182244.png

In fact I wouldn't be that optimistic. First of all, the general agent of PW Audio has clarified on their Facebook that the stock cable of Traillii Ti is not PWAudio's OEM, as far as I know, it is a DIY workshop in mainland China. Secondly, this is not a product of Oriolus JP, but developed and produced by Oriolus' general agent in mainland China. He just used the name of Oriolus, and no information about this product can be found on the official website. As far as I know, he sells his products through China's third-party trading market "Xian Yu" (more often second-hand trading market). As a Traillii owner, I would prefer to buy a real "successor" rather than a "special edition" for grandstanding. I don't think the titanium cavity is suitable for the sound signature of the Traillii. I have no malicious intentions, I just hope that more people will not be deceived. :)
This IEM has become meme in China because of the ridiculously low price/sound ratio. According to the buyers who owns the IEM, this thing sounds almost the same as the OG Traillii except for the material change of the shell which ask you for another 2000 USD. If you don’t know where to spend you money then this IEM might just help you with that, otherwise me personally don’t recommend buying it unless you have tried it and really enjoy it more than the other IEMs in the market that is cheaper and sounds probably better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back