The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #53,041 of 91,366
Sharing some Traillii Ti pictures 🤩 Would love to grab a pair!
Cable is PW1960s 4 wire according to HK resellers.

OTTI00.png
OTTI01.pngOTTI02.pngOTTI03.pngOTTI04.pngOTTI05.pngOTTI06.pngOTTI07.pngOTTI08.pngOTTI09.pngOTTI10.png
OTTI11.png
OTTI12.png
OTTI13.png
OTTI14.png
OTTI15.png
OTTI16.png
OTTI17.png
OTTI18.png
OTTI19.png
OTTI20.png
OTTI21.png
OTTI22.png

OTTI23.png
OTTI24.png
pretty sure it's not the PW's cable haha :) even pw audio's HK dealer mentioned the cable is not from pw audio.

323113789_1390949615059384_1613813078233511290_n.jpg

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #53,042 of 91,366
Sharing some Traillii Ti pictures 🤩 Would love to grab a pair!
Cable is PW1960s 4 wire according to HK resellers.

OTTI00.png
OTTI01.pngOTTI02.pngOTTI03.pngOTTI04.pngOTTI05.pngOTTI06.pngOTTI07.pngOTTI08.pngOTTI09.pngOTTI10.png
OTTI11.png
OTTI12.png
OTTI13.png
OTTI14.png
OTTI15.png
OTTI16.png
OTTI17.png
OTTI18.png
OTTI19.png
OTTI20.png
OTTI21.png
OTTI22.png

OTTI23.png
OTTI24.png
微信图片_20230204182244.png

In fact I wouldn't be that optimistic. First of all, the general agent of PW Audio has clarified on their Facebook that the stock cable of Traillii Ti is not PWAudio's OEM, as far as I know, it is a DIY workshop in mainland China. Secondly, this is not a product of Oriolus JP, but developed and produced by Oriolus' general agent in mainland China. He just used the name of Oriolus, and no information about this product can be found on the official website. As far as I know, he sells his products through China's third-party trading market "Xian Yu" (more often second-hand trading market). As a Traillii owner, I would prefer to buy a real "successor" rather than a "special edition" for grandstanding. I don't think the titanium cavity is suitable for the sound signature of the Traillii. I have no malicious intentions, I just hope that more people will not be deceived. :)

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #53,045 of 91,366
微信图片_20230204182244.png

In fact I wouldn't be that optimistic. First of all, the general agent of PW Audio has clarified on their Facebook that the stock cable of Traillii Ti is not PWAudio's OEM, as far as I know, it is a DIY workshop in mainland China. Secondly, this is not a product of Oriolus JP, but developed and produced by Oriolus' general agent in mainland China. He just used the name of Oriolus, and no information about this product can be found on the official website. As far as I know, he sells his products through China's third-party trading market "Xian Yu" (more often second-hand trading market). As a Traillii owner, I would prefer to buy a real "successor" rather than a "special edition" for grandstanding. I don't think the titanium cavity is suitable for the sound signature of the Traillii. I have no malicious intentions, I just hope that more people will not be deceived. :)

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 4.39.12 PM.png

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #53,046 of 91,366
微信图片_20230204182244.png

I contacted Oriolus via Facebook asking where these can be found. Let's see what they say.
MkII with DD for bass should be available after summer according to MusicTeck

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #53,047 of 91,366

Really hoping this is true...it alone would justify a trip to SoCal.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #53,048 of 91,366
Interesting. I would love the opportunity to hear all four back to back to compare. Absolutely agree on shell material impacting sound. What do you like about the sound of the silver?
I would turn the silver one to mode 3 to accentuate its treble, paired with Toxic Cable's Pegasus V2, a very aggressive cable. I won't wear it for a long time, but you can imagine how good it is when combined with electronic or J-POP music.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #53,049 of 91,366
I contacted Oriolus via Facebook asking where these can be found. Let's see what they say.
Traillii with a DD would be fantastic.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #53,050 of 91,366
I would turn the silver one to mode 3 to accentuate its treble, paired with Toxic Cable's Pegasus V2, a very aggressive cable. I won't wear it for a long time, but you can imagine how good it is when combined with electronic or J-POP music.
I actually enjoyed the black Erlky more for vocals especially because of the slightly warmer tuning and denser sound.

I stuck with the stock cable tho, why VE chose 0.75 instead of the universal 0.78 is just beyond my comprehension.

Edit: Yes I do hear slight differences between the normal and the black Erlky, maybe my ears are deceiving me.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #53,051 of 91,366
...venting please.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #53,052 of 91,366
In fact, I think the difference in the material of the cavity will have an impact on the sound. In fact, my favorite is the silver Erlkönig, not the black limited edition.
Both Erlkönig OG and black LE have silver shells. The latter has black rhodium plating on the exterior.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #53,053 of 91,366
Traillii with a DD would be fantastic.
Usually these are usually easier said than done I feel....we wanted a DD Elysium and got the EXT, and it is a completely different thing (in a good way).

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #53,055 of 91,366
I am 100% open and agreeable to the idea...I just felt the need to acknowledge a bias given that SoCal is basically in my neighborhood, and I'm dying to go to SG generally.

Yup yup, I totally hear ya on that. :relaxed:

Plot twist: Innagurate a CanJam Vancouver...that would be my vote for new venue if one is ever sought out :D

Vancouver is, in fact, a proposal of mine for a candidate city.

A mini CanJam just for Watercoolers along with them manufacturers would be a dream come true

That would be a dream! Sadly, it would exceedingly difficult at best to try and convince exhibitors of that being worthwhile.

Yeah, let's do it in Hawaii.

I have jokingly suggested this before, as a destination-based show that people can also plan vacations around. Sadly, the local market - which makes up the vast majority of attendees for any given CanJam - isn't nearly large enough to support a show. Not knocking Hawaii of course, just pointing out the obvious I guess.

Technically wouldn't Japan be the most equidistant for everyone, if you factor in Singapore?

Japan is already host to several world-class personal audio shows, Fujiya-Avic being the longest running of them. In that case, it wouldn't be a CanJam, we'd just go to Fujiya-Avic. Maybe we can get @Currawong to play tour guide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back