The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 16, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #40,021 of 88,391
Interesting. I've had DHL shipments come literally everywhere in the world except Antarctica and it never takes more than 3 days. When I want something fast and hassle free that's the way to go. I don't know how they do it.
I always choose DHL for international shipping. I know when Musicteck send me something, it gets picked up before 4pm in Tenafly, New Jersey, and arrives at my home in The a Vancouver, Canada area the next day between 3 and 4pm. The last time, my item was delivered at 11:33am.
Love that German precision with DHL.
FedEx, on the other hand, loses stuff all the time- will never use them again.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #40,022 of 88,391
My last two shipments from Musicteck and Bloom both came UPS. They were overnite from eastern US to snowy Canadian prairie. I had a DHL from New Zealand that took a month.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #40,024 of 88,391

Thank you all, there is a wealth of experience here.
I recently picked up a Fourte Blanc, it is a very nice IEM, and it sound pretty good listening off of my McIntosh MHA200.
If I can slightly de-emphasize the treble around 6-8Khz, but not loose any of the transparency or solid impact, it will have more flexibility in pairing it with a couple of DAPs that I use on the rare occasion I am working outside of my home office.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #40,025 of 88,391
Hi all, I'm waiting for my CA SM and thinking about getting some portable source. My current DAP is rather transportable (M17) and I was curious if there's anyone who can recommend some DAP to match IEM level. I'm playing music mostly from a card and practically not streaming. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #40,026 of 88,391
Got mail...

IMG_1941.JPG IMG_1942.JPG

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #40,027 of 88,391
I know a lot of you are still waiting on RS8 but it's new toy day for me. Not the usual box of tricks doing the rounds and somewhat of a left field purchase, but after hearing M2 last week the hunt began for a DMP Z1. Didn't expect to sort a deal so quickly but the stars aligned and it arrived today. (Sorry Mike / @Smousesme for stealing your pic, it's in it's case getting some hours put on it for a few days!)

PXL_20221026_173233987.jpg

Not even had half an hour of listening time due real life but 2 things that immediately stand out are stage and bass. Stage is grand, best way I can describe it. Not limited to increased width but pushing out 360 without spreading the stage thin, very impressive indeed. Transferred DSOTM to onboard for a quick listen and the heft to the heartbeat / kick drum at the start was pretty amazing.

20221116_150643.jpg

Typical AK 4497 sound but with some very special sauce from the amp side and sonys proprietary processing. Thought went through my head in the 1st few minutes that wow, THIS is real TOTL.

Looking forward to taking it for a proper spin and listening to it side by side with M2, two totally different techs (AKM vs Sony) but both under the same house. Iirc in an interview with the lead Sony designer, he stated that M2 was basically done in keeping with DMP within the constraints of the M2 chassis so it'll be interesting to see how similar they are despite using different technology, I know @Damz87 sold his DMP and thought M2 was close enough, is it worth the extra cost? Find out soon enough if it adds the cherry on top. I guess use case also factors into these decisions as its not exactly a get up and go setup.

It is smaller than I had expected though but clearly not portable, on the boundary of transportable and i won't be doing any chores with it strapped to my back. Moving it about the house isn't an issue, more scared of putting a scratch on the lovely finish rather than anything else!

Honeymoon period will be in effect right now which I'm well aware of, same with M2, so I'll refrain from all the sliced bread chat until I've had quality time with both.

Came with 75hrs on it, Sony recommended minimum is 200hrs, DMP thread TL;DR is something like 960hrs to be in full swing. Clock starts now. :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #40,028 of 88,391
Nov 16, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #40,029 of 88,391
Haven't had much time with OH5 as yet, certainly enjoying now over lunch but Turii still a very different level. I just took out 'GOAT' as my OCD didn't like the extra info in my signature!
Can I ask for your impressions on the OH5 so far? Sound signature, bass response. Looking for the low end of the OH10 but more defined and a smoother upper mid and treble.

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #40,030 of 88,391
Nov 16, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #40,031 of 88,391
Can you move the position of the central divider Jeff?

Yup you can take it right out if you want. The CFA like pouches were an unexpected pleasant bonus.

Nov 16, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #40,032 of 88,391
Yup you can take it right out if you want. The CFA like pouches were an unexpected pleasant bonus.
Indeed. Got one of those with Turii, every IEM should come with them!

Nov 16, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #40,033 of 88,391
I know a lot of you are still waiting on RS8 but it's new toy day for me. Not the usual box of tricks doing the rounds and somewhat of a left field purchase, but after hearing M2 last week the hunt began for a DMP Z1. Didn't expect to sort a deal so quickly but the stars aligned and it arrived today. (Sorry Mike / @Smousesme for stealing your pic, it's in it's case getting some hours put on it for a few days!)

Not even had half an hour of listening time due real life but 2 things that immediately stand out are stage and bass. Stage is grand, best way I can describe it. Not limited to increased width but pushing out 360 without spreading the stage thin, very impressive indeed. Transferred DSOTM to onboard for a quick listen and the heft to the heartbeat / kick drum at the start was pretty amazing.

20221116_150643.jpg

Typical AK 4497 sound but with some very special sauce from the amp side and sonys proprietary processing. Thought went through my head in the 1st few minutes that wow, THIS is real TOTL.

Looking forward to taking it for a proper spin and listening to it side by side with M2, two totally different techs (AKM vs Sony) but both under the same house. Iirc in an interview with the lead Sony designer, he stated that M2 was basically done in keeping with DMP within the constraints of the M2 chassis so it'll be interesting to see how similar they are despite using different technology, I know @Damz87 sold his DMP and thought M2 was close enough, is it worth the extra cost? Find out soon enough if it adds the cherry on top. I guess use case also factors into these decisions as its not exactly a get up and go setup.

It is smaller than I had expected though but clearly not portable, on the boundary of transportable and i won't be doing any chores with it strapped to my back. Moving it about the house isn't an issue, more scared of putting a scratch on the lovely finish rather than anything else!

Honeymoon period will be in effect right now which I'm well aware of, same with M2, so I'll refrain from all the sliced bread chat until I've had quality time with both.

Came with 75hrs on it, Sony recommended minimum is 200hrs, DMP thread TL;DR is something like 960hrs to be in full swing. Clock starts now. :L3000:
Oh wow 😍 Congrats! Enjoy! Looking forward to your comparison with the M2!

Nov 16, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #40,034 of 88,391

20221116_150643.jpg

That is a thing of beauty Doug. Congrats my friend! 🥂🐐

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #40,035 of 88,391
Hey Guys, an update on the Raptgo Hook-X HBB:

Sadly, I do not enjoy this IEM very much... Maybe I am spoiled by more expensive IEMs or the tuning is just not my thing at all, or both.

Since Linsoul has a pretty terrible Return Policy, I would rather sell it to someone here, if anyone is interested, please message me :) It is in practically brand new condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back