The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jun 12, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #26,986 of 88,642

Rhapsodio Zombie Max - New high end IEM​

Reference: Zombiemax
The last Iems from Rhapsodio !
10 drivers including 8 EST in an acoustic chamber and two new exclusive dynamic drivers!
A totally new sound signature, which, as always with Rhapsodio, is incomparable!

$ 4,129.00

https://www.hifi-portable.com/en/un...23-rhapsodio-zombie-max-new-high-end-iem.html
I found a graph on their facebook page:
1655076988831.png

Looks... interesting.

Jun 12, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #26,987 of 88,642
I want to get a 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable / adapter so that I can connect my R8 to a switch box. I ideally want to keep the cost fairly low but I want to make sure that the cable does its job well and that I don’t loose any sound quality (or as little quality as possible). I’ve found one by iFi that looks like what I’m after:

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/ifi-au...MI2bnY8oSp-AIV0u7tCh2O8AJXEAQYASABEgJwRvD_BwE

Would this work do you think? If not, do you know of any other brands that will do a cable like this, for say under £100 ($125 approx.) and do you have a link?

Jun 12, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #26,988 of 88,642
My Elysian X arrived yesterday
Now since it was my birthday I took some time off
I started listening around 15:00 and went to bed around 01:30
Of course I grabbed some food and drinks in between
But this is for my liking today my best sounding pair
Now Traillii and Jewel are arriving
And I definitely could see a Annihilator arriving in the near future ... 🤔
Are you collecting IEMs and Daps or flipping them? Not sure what you have on hand for comparison requests since you don’t post your gear.

Jun 12, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #26,989 of 88,642
I want to get a 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable / adapter so that I can connect my R8 to a switch box. I ideally want to keep the cost fairly low but I want to make sure that the cable does its job well and that I don’t loose any sound quality (or as little quality as possible). I’ve found one by iFi that looks like what I’m after:

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/ifi-au...MI2bnY8oSp-AIV0u7tCh2O8AJXEAQYASABEgJwRvD_BwE

Would this work do you think? If not, do you know of any other brands that will do a cable like this, for say under £100 ($125 approx.) and do you have a link?
Audiophile Ninja. $35 for a strong 4.4mm interconnect. You do not need to spend $500 for a high quality interconnect

https://www.audiophileninja.com/product/4-4mm-balanced-interconnect/

Jun 12, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #26,990 of 88,642
Are you collecting IEMs and Daps or flipping them? Not sure what you have on hand for comparison requests since you don’t post your gear.
Momentarily I have
Dunu Zen
UM Mest Mk II - but gonna list them - not for my ears
64 Audio U6T, U12T , U18S and Fourté
Elysian Acoustics Labs X
Oriolus Traillii - NWOL
Aroma Jewel - NWOL - closing the deal
PW Audio First Times - NWOL
Cayin N8II - NWOL
Cayin C9
iBasso DX300
AK Kann Alpha
Why NWOL (Next Week Or Later - but these are bought & paid)
Only one toy at the time ... but doesn't stop me from buying additional 😉
I'll shoot a pic later tonight of my setup of today

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #26,991 of 88,642
I have bought the Traillii and it arrived together with the First Times and N8II
Need to pick up all 3
Jewel is as planned for later this week
Didn’t you buy Trailli?

Jun 12, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #26,992 of 88,642
Jun 12, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #26,993 of 88,642
Jun 12, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #26,994 of 88,642
#1800!

There's also the screenless Shozy Alien, which sounded good for the money back in the day when I had it. It also made you feel like a James Bond character. While it lacked convivence, there was something nice in the simplicity of loading up your 25 or so albums for the week and really getting down to enjoying them in full, like back in the day when you only had a binder of CDs with you on a road trip. Modern life brings so much choice at our finger tips that for me at least it can be something of a relief to be limited in choice and temptation to jump from album to album.

(source: https://penonaudio.com/shozy-alien-gold-limited-edition.html)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Supermoon. The rest of my audio life has been in suspended animation since I got it.

-CFA Supermoon and Trifecta (need to cure the curiosity, but I am 50/50 I'll like either one) Depends on how "fun" they went with them. Finally want to hear more CFA though after a long draught and a few classic doinks. Irritated SM is custom only for release especially when the uni is not a travesty in any measurable way. What's the reasoning there?

Trifecta looks amazing but seems as much a statement piece as anything. Damn though...3 DDs. I really hope I get to hear one somehow but it's well out of my comfort zone $$ wise.

In other news I went for a lovely walk today:

7FD05319-C054-4AF6-B465-3D95FD440A46.JPEG

125ECB1A-83F9-4E65-B3B0-A04F5734A3C9.JPEG

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #26,996 of 88,642
Momentarily I have
Dunu Zen
UM Mest Mk II - but gonna list them - not for my ears
64 Audio U6T, U12T , U18S and Fourté
Elysian Acoustics Labs X
Oriolus Traillii - NWOL
Aroma Jewel - NWOL
PW Audio First Times - NWOL
Cayin N8II - NWOL
Cayin C9
iBasso DX300
AK Kann Alpha
Why next week or later (NWOL) ?
Only one toy at the time ... but doesn't stop me from buying additional 😉
I'll shoot a pic later tonight of my setup of today
Nice list. You should consider creating a signature so we can follow your journey which seems to be a very interesting one.

Jun 12, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #26,997 of 88,642
#1800!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Supermoon. The rest of my audio life has been in suspended animation since I got it.

Trifecta looks amazing but seems as much a statement piece as anything. Damn though...3 DDs. I really hope I get to hear one somehow but it's well out of my comfort zone $$ wise.

In other news I went for a lovely walk today:

7FD05319-C054-4AF6-B465-3D95FD440A46.JPEG

125ECB1A-83F9-4E65-B3B0-A04F5734A3C9.JPEG
Beautiful. I love seasons because you get the diversity of the outside environment. I remember living in New Jersey when it was dark and cold for the entire winter and when March came around and the temp got higher than 32, it was glorious.

Jun 12, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #26,998 of 88,642
Beautiful. I love seasons because you get the diversity of the outside environment. I remember living in New Jersey when it was dark and cold for the entire winter and when March came around and the temp got higher than 32, it was glorious.
Here in SoCal, we only have two seasons while in Haiwaii there is only one though officially you still have two, but IMO there is no enough difference between those two, always 70-80 degree. On the other hand, Hawaii does have diversity in term of rain since there is alway possibility of rain year round where here there is absolute zero rain between May and October.

Jun 12, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #26,999 of 88,642
Here in SoCal, we only have two seasons while in Haiwaii there is only one though officially you still have two, but IMO there is no enough difference between those two, always 70-80 degree. On the other hand, Hawaii does have diversity in term of rain since there is alway possibility of rain year round where here there is absolute zero rain between May and October.
We are experiencing the same drought as California. Our weather is more a function of the direction the wind is blowing more than anything else. If we are getting Northeast Trade winds, it's nice and cool. If we are getting Kona winds from the South, it is hot and muggy. Rain varies, so things are greener in the winter when it tends to rain more and browner in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back