The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 1, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #5,491 of 88,294
How is the weight on these? I've heard they're pretty heavy?
Haha, I have many full sized headphones that are larger than these. They are not heavy to me. The clamping force is too tight and the build is actually pretty cheap.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #5,492 of 88,294
Man Odin's bass is so so good. It's the sonic equivalent of Bruce Lee's 1 inch punch-- a modest amount of presence and motion yet the visceral impact can knock you off your feet at times.
sounds like my hyla on the sony....so much slam!

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #5,493 of 88,294
the best imaging I’ve heard in an iem thus far was EE Odin.

This was really brought home to me in the following of all tracks:

It's electronic (basically) but the precise sense of space, placement and imaging through the Odin is little short of profound.

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #5,494 of 88,294
This was really brought home to me in the following of all tracks:

It's electronic (basically) but the precise sense of space, placement and imaging through the Odin is little short of profound.

Rock, if you're gelling with Odin, and love your bass like I know you do, you just have to hear EVO...

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #5,495 of 88,294
Man Odin's bass is so so good. It's the sonic equivalent of Bruce Lee's 1 inch punch-- a modest amount of presence and motion yet the visceral impact can knock you off your feet at times.
Yes, Odin’s bass quality is absolutely top tier. I think it still stands as my favourite IEM bass. EVO is up there too, but after listening to EVO and Odin together for a little while, I felt that Odin’s bass implementation with the rest of its tuning gives it the overall edge, at least for me.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #5,496 of 88,294
Yes, Odin’s bass quality is absolutely top tier. I think it still stands as my favourite IEM bass. EVO is up there too, but after listening to EVO and Odin together for a little while, I felt that Odin’s bass implementation with the rest of its tuning gives it the overall edge, at least for me.
I think if they eventually release a hybrid tuning of those 2 iems with 4 estats and BCD it will be a massive success

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #5,497 of 88,294
I think if they eventually release a hybrid tuning of those 2 iems with 4 estats and BCD it will be a massive success
That would be amazing. I just wish EE tuned their IEM’s with a little more upper treble and slightly less forward upper mids. Once I heard the Elysian Annihilator and X, I couldn’t go back to Odin’s treble/upper mid tuning.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #5,498 of 88,294
That would be amazing. I just wish EE tuned their IEM’s with a little more upper treble and slightly less forward upper mids. Once I heard the Elysian Annihilator and X, I couldn’t go back to Odin’s treble/upper mid tuning.
Leave my lower upper mids alone! Just don't touch them😆
I think Odins treble presentation is one of best ive heard. But EVO could use some more upper treble.

Edit: meant upper mids not lower mids lol.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #5,499 of 88,294
By the how does X compare to Odin? X graph looks like a dream come true to me. Im just curious about its technical performance.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #5,500 of 88,294
By the how does X compare to Odin? X graph looks like a dream come true to me. Im just curious about its technical performance.
For me, X’s tuning is near-perfect, and the technicalities are better than anything else I’ve heard. It has incredible sub bass, upper mids and the whole treble tuning from lower to upper is the best I’ve heard. But there are two potential dealbreakers, the mid bass/lower mids recession and the subsequent thinness to the midrange notes and vocals, and the “ultra-ethereal” treble which can make the instrument timbre sound somewhat artificial.

For pretty much anything in the electronic music genre that I listen to, this is a non-issue. But if mid bass slam, thicker/warmer/weightier lower midrange notes and/or instrumental timbre accuracy are a priority, then I would probably say look elsewhere.

Tuning compared to Odin, it pretty much sounds how you would expect from looking at the graph. More bass quantity, less forward upper mids and more forward upper treble. X’s soundstage is freakin’ massive and completely dwarfs Odin’s, especially in height and width. Detail retrieval is pretty close between the two I’d say but X’s treble tuning allows more upper frequency detail to come through. Bass technicalities (detail, speed, slam, note weight density etc) Odin is still king. X has more quantity but it’s definitely a lower quality bass response to my ears.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #5,501 of 88,294
For me, X’s tuning is near-perfect, and the technicalities are better than anything else I’ve heard. It has incredible sub bass, upper mids and the whole treble tuning from lower to upper is the best I’ve heard. But there are two potential dealbreakers, the mid bass/lower mids recession and the subsequent thinness to the midrange notes and vocals, and the “ultra-ethereal” treble which can make the instrument timbre sound somewhat artificial.

For pretty much anything in the electronic music genre that I listen to, this is a non-issue. But if mid bass slam, thicker/warmer/weightier lower midrange notes and/or instrumental timbre accuracy are a priority, then I would probably say look elsewhere.

Tuning compared to Odin, it pretty much sounds how you would expect from looking at the graph. More bass quantity, less forward upper mids and more forward upper treble. X’s soundstage is freakin’ massive and completely dwarfs Odin’s, especially in height and width. Detail retrieval is pretty close between the two I’d say but X’s treble tuning allows more upper frequency detail to come through. Bass technicalities (detail, speed, slam, note weight density etc) Odin is still king. X has more quantity but it’s definitely a lower quality bass response to my ears.
Damn i need to start thinking of what to sell. This sounds like a dream come true to me.

Do they have any weird issues? Like strange fit or isolation issues?

God i hate i asked....

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #5,502 of 88,294
Damn i need to start thinking of what to sell. This sounds like a dream come true to me.

Do they have any weird issues? Like strange fit or isolation issues?

God i hate i asked....
Fit is ok for my, but I have larger ears, i know those with more normal size have found the shells big. But if Odin was ok, then I think you'll be ok with X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back