The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 11, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #88,951 of 89,797
Yeah if it had a DD it would be unstoppable as the ultimate versatile all rounder.
it would indeed (and some more shell shape research 🧐 although they fit like a CIEM for me).

May 11, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #88,952 of 89,797
Curious as to why a lot of TOTL iems don’t use a dd for bass when the demand is so high .. I feel like there might be some kind of scientific explanation 🧪🧬🔬
Would be interesting to view the design process of an IEM, the goal of the maker and the steps that are needed. Docu style 😄

May 11, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #88,953 of 89,797
Curious as to why a lot of TOTL iems don’t use a dd for bass when the demand is so high .. I feel like there might be some kind of scientific explanation 🧪🧬🔬

BAs are more articulate and resolving, which is what tends to command the mega bucks.

May 11, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #88,954 of 89,797
BAs are more articulate and resolving, which is what tends to command the mega bucks.
Also BA has gotten really good at bass lately.

May 11, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #88,955 of 89,797
Also BA has gotten really good at bass lately.
Yeah and BA bass can be incredible but no matter how good it gets, I can always tell the difference and I will always need to scratch that Dynamic bass itch at some point

May 11, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #88,956 of 89,797
Once again because it seems you don’t understand. I don’t care what the WC is and if it isn’t a fit for me. Why would I ? Why would I desperately want to fit in here ?
I have always found the WC to be a fun place. I look forward to seeing each day if there are updates that capture my interest. I have found some new music, thoughts, food, even pens.

While I may disagree with many reviews ( you all do realize the Annihilator does not have good bass! 😅 ), I try to keep my thoughts respectful and inciteful. The community is, for the most part, welcoming and respectful in return.

That said, I am tired of reading posts knocking the WC. If you do not care for the WC, simply do not read it. I am sure you will be happier for it as will I. Enjoy. 😉

May 11, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #88,957 of 89,797
image.jpg

Speaking Of the dynamic bass itch HOT DAMN does the Xe6 Get the job done my God it gets me every time 🔊🥵✨

May 11, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #88,958 of 89,797
May 11, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #88,959 of 89,797
May 11, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #88,960 of 89,797
I have always found the WC to be a fun place. I look forward to seeing each day if there are updates that capture my interest. I have found some new music, thoughts, food, even pens.

While I may disagree with many reviews ( you all do realize the Annihilator does not have good bass! 😅 ), I try to keep my thoughts respectful and inciteful. The community is, for the most part, welcoming and respectful in return.

That said, I am tired of reading posts knocking the WC. If you do not care for the WC, simply do not read it. I am sure you will be happier for it as will I. Enjoy. 😉

You took a couple of comments entirely out of context and your resulting assertion that I am criticising the WC is entirely inaccurate as a result.

This isn’t my kind of place and for the vast bulk of the time I don’t read it.

May 11, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #88,961 of 89,797
You took a couple of comments entirely out of context and your resulting assertion that I am criticising the WC is entirely inaccurate as a result.

This isn’t my kind of place and for the vast bulk of the time I don’t read it.
And thats fine, lots of places that are not for me either.

May 11, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #88,962 of 89,797

Ehh I wouldn’t call Annihilator bass bad whatsoever just Not to the level of Some other TOTLs I would rate its bass a solid “good” 👍

May 11, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #88,963 of 89,797
image.jpg
Speaking Of the dynamic bass itch HOT DAMN does the Xe6 Get the job done my God it gets me every time 🔊🥵✨
How are the mids and highs on it? Does it overdo it with the treble to compensate?

May 11, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #88,964 of 89,797
If you’re asking about the Noble Sultan - a $3,000 IEM that can often be found on sale or open box around $2,000 or so - it is in my opinion one of the most underappreciated IEMs. It may be my personal favorite, at least it has been for a very long time. I really love the Sultan. They have a warm sound signature while offering great technicalities. The weight on the notes and their textured presentation is very engaging to me. I think they are the best IEMs that Noble ever developed. I think around their launch a known reviewer gave them a hard time, which forever hampered their sales. But to my taste, they are fantastic.
Agreed. It works well with a neutral source since it puts a bit of warm into the midrange. Still my favourite on my Hugo 2, even after trying all the megabuck iem’s. Nothing has beaten the sultan in terms of musical engagement

May 11, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #88,965 of 89,797

A well designed DD that is Focal Utopia technical level for bass (speed and delicate texture while slamming like a truck on the impact and tactility of super fast DD and not just rich and creamy) is hard to implement on an IEM I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back