The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 1, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #88,066 of 89,686
Aroma Fei Wan
I just took delivery of this iem yesterday and its been blowing me away. I was up much too late listening non stop to this epic set of monitors. The dynamics are just on another level.
@aaf evo turned me onto Nightjar cables and specifically the BlueHour, which happened to be my favorite pairing with the FW. It really tightens up the low end bass and smooths out the treble for me without sacrificing any mids.

May 1, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #88,068 of 89,686
You didn't update your signature? I saw 2 ZMF but no HD650
The Verite is my buds the atrium is mine and the hd650 is in my room plugged into the euforia 😉

May 1, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #88,069 of 89,686
May 1, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #88,070 of 89,686
Aroma Fei Wan

IMG_0319.jpeg

I just took delivery of this iem yesterday and its been blowing me away. I was up much too late listening non stop to this epic set of monitors. The dynamics are just on another level. It seems to be highly tip sensitive and I have settled on a few that give me several different sound sigs that line up with my library. With indie rock, metal, etc these are literally the most visceral iems I have ever heard hands down. I thought I was hooked on the Volur bass, but the FW is just a whole other world here. I will report back with more impressions that make more sense once I have had more time, but these are truly impressive and special iems.

One more pic before I leave hehe.

IMG_0323.jpeg
Great photography 😄

May 1, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #88,071 of 89,686
Thanks! I sold 622B in favour of Storm, although in hindsight I don't think they're too similar overall. At the time though, I only wanted to keep a small number of IEMs and I felt both Storm and 622B occupied a similar spot in my collection. Also my mindset was that 622B would be easier to replace/re-buy later on down the track. The other issue I had was comfort. The universal 622B shell has a strange shape that caused some discomfort to my antihelix during longer sessions.

With that said, I think 622B sounds fantastic. I really enjoyed its midrange tonal balance and technicalities, particularly its imaging and resolution. Its BA bass really impressed me too. I think Storm still holds the top spot for BA bass quality that I've heard, but 622B is close. Knowing me I'll probably end up picking one up again later on this year. :)
I cant compare them to Storm as I have not listened to them. But compared to the rest of my collection the 622B does indeed sound the most resolving.

Compared to the Aura (which if you told me a while ago, would think your crazy 😝) it has more detail, more clarity, better separation.

The fit like you mention can be tricky. The way I knew they would they would fit, is to try them without tips, then find the smallest possible tips that dont push the IEM outwards. Then the IEM does not push my ear and stays comfortabel.

For now, its the first IEM I grab from the collection, I like it!

Also: its not bass heavy, but also not bass shy. And with the right track, once that boneconduction kicks in, its something else entirely 😄. You “feel” the bass, which I think is quite the feet for an IEM

May 1, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #88,072 of 89,686
Upgrade my Wm1am2 to Wm1zm2..

It's my Winning portable setup with my favorite singer.

Still cant move on from her after watching her concert for 2 days in Jakarta.

IMG_0696(1).jpg

May 1, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #88,073 of 89,686
May 1, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #88,074 of 89,686
May 1, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #88,077 of 89,686
About Brise Fugaku

Overall, I love the sound and appreciate the technique behind the amp. It’s probably, as many have said, the best sound you can get from a portable system—with amazing resolution and a great soundstage (storm, creator level soundstage), but with a much cleaner background, I must say. The treble is probably the highlight of the unit, managing to be high like Viking Damascus but with a much thicker sound quality that makes Fugaku's sound rich enough to prevent it from becoming too aggressive. Overall, the sound performs perfectly in every track. The mids don’t show any mistakes either; I love how it handles its mids—smooth like the new Mason FS, but not as warm. Yet, I heard more detail out of Fugaku, honestly. Lastly, I’m going to talk about its bass. The bass has high resolution, using their 2 custom-made 8MM DDs, and especially when it comes to sub-bass, it offers the best quality bass out there. I know I’ve said so many positive things, making my comments hard to trust, but please believe me, guys. I think it really sounds this good. I think if we're only talking about sound, then after experiencing many high-end IEMs and cables, I can say it has no weakness and is currently the best technique (portable combo) you can get nowadays. But, as I must say again, it’s not for everyone, or even most of us in this group. The issue is when you get something this perfect, you will lose the beauty of this hobby. For people like me who love to switch up IEMs, every IEM, even those high-end flagships, has both negative and positive aspects to discuss. The imperfections are what make portable gears fun. Personally, I won’t buy Fugaku, honestly, and I believe it's for people who only want one system without switching gears. I also forgot to mention the ear hooks. I think they’re necessary because the Shirogane 16 wires cable is too thick and needs the ear hook to hold, but overall, I don’t have any issue wearing Fugaku. However, of course, I’m not a huge fan of its looks might take time to get used to it.
1714507956422.png1714507974498.png
2ADD7101-65F0-4FE1-B178-5A6D9E5AFC25.jpgIMG_0683.jpgIMG_0687.jpgIMG_0684.jpg
Nice write up! How do you compare it to the Tsuranagi?
Also, where / how to buy it?? Did Brise already make it available in the market?

May 1, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #88,078 of 89,686
May 1, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #88,079 of 89,686
As I mentioned before, only had these titanium beauties for a few days on loan from Musicteck to test it. Here is my detailed write-up of Melodic Artification Alter Ego DD/4BA/4EST open-back IEMs. Enjoy the read!

Knowing that there is more then 1 year in between, perhaps you can still say it in few words about Eclipse vs Alter Ego, thanks

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #88,080 of 89,686
Nice write up! How do you compare it to the Tsuranagi?
Also, where / how to buy it?? Did Brise already make it available in the market?

I actually just clicked and refreshed Musicteck Brise audio page to see if it is already listed there. If they have a $17k Shanling CD player, why not a $16k Brise audio IEMs/cable/amp combo? :D But I'm a bit surprised, considering how much thought went into the design of the audio chain with these super-duper IEMs, matching cable, and the advanced portable amp, they decided to include an amp rather than a dac/amp which can provide even more precise control of the tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back