The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 1, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #88,096 of 89,684
Here is a sketch i thought some here might appreciate.
Tuning in to the sound of the universe.
20240501_161419.jpg

May 1, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #88,097 of 89,684
May 1, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #88,098 of 89,684
May 1, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #88,099 of 89,684
May 1, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #88,101 of 89,684
I've heard that, in China, they have their own audiophile lexicon - and that it can be indecipherable.

12367403.jpg

May 1, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #88,102 of 89,684
Aroma Jewel in the house!

Aroma_Jewel_01.jpg

In the picture, I'm using the PlusSound 8-wire Silver+Gold, but I've rolled over to the EA Thor +

Also using SpiralDot tips. They've always been my best bet.

First impressions:

Natural-neutral tuning. Tuning which feels honest but not FLAT. Wide, open sound, with lots of air and clarity.

Treble is decisive, with outstanding articulation, but definitely relaxed. I don't foresee anyone becoming fatigued by it. If you're a treble head, these COULD satisfy, but you'd probably want just a little more of it.

Vocals are close enough to you with decent size, being well resolved and textured modestly. They nicely walk the line between airiness and weight. They could be more tangible, but the hint of etherealness is quite seductive, as well.

If airiness isn't the star of the show, it's got to be the bass. It's deep and punchy and very capable. There's more of it than you might expect, but it's not crazy or overblown. It's clearly elevated, but it a way which feels natural, making you think there absolutely should be this much in the mix. In fact, if there was any less of it, Jewel's balance would feel lacking.

The reason for this is Jewel is kind of a boring IEM. But in the best possible way. Nothing jumps out at you. Everything is so coherent and balanced, and delivers it with exceptional maturity. Even the bass, which does stand out, does so barely, and in way that just feels right, not noteworthy.

I think someone on here (can't remember who) said you need to crank the volume on Jewel, and they were right. You won't fatigue. There's nothing offensive here. And raising the dB allows the deft tuning to shine.

I am loving what I'm hearing. So far, Jewel is very much the type of IEM I was looking for. A great complement to something like the Legend X, which is all about the fun and bombastic. Jewel is the bookworm, who knows everything and might just share it with you, if you are patient and willing to listen.

Shout out to Andrew of @MusicTeck for loaning me the Aroma Audio Jewel. I look forward to spending more time with them and writing my full review.

May 1, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #88,103 of 89,684
Post #88150: The translation is hilarious, some translated parts have a large margin of error 😆

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #88,104 of 89,684
Aroma Jewel in the house!

In the picture, I'm using the PlusSound 8-wire Silver+Gold, but I've rolled over to the EA Thor +

Also using SpiralDot tips. They've always been my best bet.

First impressions:

Natural-neutral tuning. Tuning which feels honest but not FLAT. Wide, open sound, with lots of air and clarity.

Treble is decisive, with outstanding articulation, but definitely relaxed. I don't foresee anyone becoming fatigued by it. If you're a treble head, these COULD satisfy, but you'd probably want just a little more of it.

Vocals are close enough to you with decent size, being well resolved and textured modestly. They nicely walk the line between airiness and weight. They could be more tangible, but the hint of etherealness is quite seductive, as well.

If airiness isn't the star of the show, it's got to be the bass. It's deep and punchy and very capable. There's more of it than you might expect, but it's not crazy or overblown. It's clearly elevated, but it a way which feels natural, making you think there absolutely should be this much in the mix. In fact, if there was any less of it, Jewel's balance would feel lacking.

The reason for this is Jewel is kind of a boring IEM. But in the best possible way. Nothing jumps out at you. Everything is so coherent and balanced, and delivers it with exceptional maturity. Even the bass, which does stand out, does so barely, and in way that just feels right, not noteworthy.

I think someone on here (can't remember who) said you need to crank the volume on Jewel, and they were right. You won't fatigue. There's nothing offensive here. And raising the dB allows the deft tuning to shine.

I am loving what I'm hearing. So far, Jewel is very much the type of IEM I was looking for. A great complement to something like the Legend X, which is all about the fun and bombastic. Jewel is the bookworm, who knows everything and might just share it with you, if you are patient and willing to listen.

Shout out to Andrew of @MusicTeck for loaning me the Aroma Audio Jewel. I look forward to spending more time with them and writing my full review.
Andrew is so cool I love that he gives all of us the Opportunity to review products so Graciously 🙌 thanks for the jewel impressions bud :)

May 1, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #88,105 of 89,684
Post #88150: The translation is hilarious, some translated parts have a large margin of error 😆

It's the contradictory translations that get me the most... rigid and soft, green smoke vs clear and transparent. 🤣

May 1, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #88,106 of 89,684

Was me, they also scale so try different sources. I'm using Hugo2 + CDM(JOZ 5719 tubes, stupid good).

May 1, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #88,107 of 89,684
I've heard that, in China, they have their own audiophile lexicon - and that it can be indecipherable.

12367403.jpg
Isn’t tamron a camera lenses conpany?

May 1, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #88,108 of 89,684
May 1, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #88,109 of 89,684
Would you be willing to share your thoughts and compare the Noble Viking Damascus and the UM Amber Pearl?
By the way, you have a great stuff!

To me, they are two different types of beasts. Both can arguably offer some of the best experiences you can find in the IEM market.

The Viking OG is basically a technical powerhouse—it's the most resolved IEM I've heard to date. When I listen to orchestra/movie soundtracks, I can easily identify the position of each instrument and their textures, all wrapped in a wide soundstage. But I must say, I don’t like the Viking OG for every track. It excels with high-quality recordings, especially orchestras, violins, and movie soundtracks (like those by Hans Zimmer), but it doesn't perform as well with pop tracks, where you might notice some sibilance.

On the other hand, the Amber Pearl is a solid, well-tuned all-rounder, probably a “one-and-done” IEM for most folks when driven through an N30LE AP. The sound reminds me a bit of the “Multiverse Mentor Pro Max”—it has a great holographic BCD soundstage and balanced tuning, in which AP can cover a wide genre of music on a very high level. However, I found that the stock cable doesn't do it justice. I prefer to swap it out for an Orbitsaga/Erua Type 7 for added resolution and energy.

Compared to the Viking OG, the Amber Pearl sounds a bit less resolved and less bright as trade off, but has its unique BCD effect, as well as more bass quantity. They just offer two different types of experiences for enjoying the music we all love.🥰

May 1, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #88,110 of 89,684
Was me, they also scale so try different sources. I'm using Hugo2 + CDM(JOZ 5719 tubes, stupid good).
Oh yes, I plan to hit them with every device I have. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back