The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #84,887 of 87,781
I am happy to update you guys that my Project #2 is well underway and it's proving to be quite a bit more complex in its overall structure and challenging on my vocals than Project #1 was. That's what I call Fun!

Excited to share soon. Due date is still set for April 10th. Hopefully you guys like it.

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #84,888 of 87,781
Let me correct that for you:

drftr
How may I reach said beauty? Qtips are not recommended by 9 out of 10 audiologists

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #84,889 of 87,781
Just the day I was looking for cheapo cases at Ali, Eletech made their Cavalry announcement and I couldn't resist. It arived this Monday (thanks a lot again, Eric!) and that was the day I finally got the Hèrmes Birkin Bag Hype (aka how important the right accessory can be ...) :D

It's big enough for the EE Raven, that's the functional aspect.

7R_02678_1.jpg

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #84,890 of 87,781
Just the day I was looking for cheapo cases at Ali, Eletech made their Cavalry announcement and I couldn't resist. It arived this Monday (thanks a lot again, Eric!) and that was the day I finally got the Hèrmes Birkin Bag Hype (aka how important the right accessory can be ...) :D

7R_02678_1.jpg
Nice case, but those Air Maxs appeal to me more. 🙂

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #84,891 of 87,781

It's also small enough to be comfortably worn inside your shoe!

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #84,892 of 87,781
How may I reach said beauty? Qtips are not recommended by 9 out of 10 audiologists
So go to that 10th one that recommends Qtips 💪

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #84,893 of 87,781
the Annihilator... exists in extremely limited qualities

I don't think this is quite true anymore. Ever since EA teamed up with Elysian they, along with the Diva, have been much more readily available than was previously the case. Musicteck regularly gets new stock and you continually see them floating through the classified market. STORM, on the other hand...

Elysian Labs Annihilator 2023 is a unicorn. It is an amazing iem. Think of it like an iphone. Even if a new iphone is released it does not diminish the quality of the previous model. Just like a new Elysian Labs does not reduce the value of the Anni 2023. It is a legendary iem. Would also ask that consider the impact of new toy syndrome and diminishing returns. Ask yourself how much do you need the new bells and whistles?

Rumour has it that the new IEM will fix what many of us believe to be the Anni 23's only real issue-- the bass. It's also rumoured to be something on the order of 2x the cost so even if it is a big step up the Annihilator will maintain its niche in the market at its respective price tier.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #84,895 of 87,781
Rumour has it that the new IEM will fix what many of us believe to be the Anni 23's only real issue-- the bass.
I don’t believe this to be the case, at least not anymore. I think that ‘poor bass’ reputation (I call it a myth) was largely based on the 21 edition and/or not properly burned in units. By now there have been enough reviews and comments disputing that “issue” and many praising the Annihilator as the best they have heard, which they would not say if they found the bass lacking. I am sure there are still people who think it is lacking somehow, for whatever reason, but I don’t believe that is a majority (anymore).

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #84,896 of 87,781
Mar 29, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #84,897 of 87,781
I don’t believe this to be the case, at least not anymore. I think that ‘poor bass’ reputation (I call it a myth) was largely based on the 21 edition and/or not properly burned in units. By now there have been enough reviews and comments disputing that “issue” and many praising the Annihilator as the best they have heard, which they would not say if they found the bass lacking. I am sure there are still people who think it is lacking somehow, for whatever reason, but I don’t believe that is a majority (anymore).

I certainly did not find the bass lacking when I tried yours last weekend, quite the opposite in that it was incredibly satisfying in quality and quantity.

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #84,898 of 87,781
I don't think this is quite true anymore. Ever since EA teamed up with Elysian they, along with the Diva, have been much more readily available than was previously the case. Musicteck regularly gets new stock and you continually see them floating through the classified market. STORM, on the other hand...

Rumour has it that the new IEM will fix what many of us believe to be the Anni 23's only real issue-- the bass.
I believe there is still a few months wait and on back order. I’m starting to explore the Eletech cables (having made two purchases recently) so am looking forward to possibilities when the P-connector Versa system is available.

Storm is yet to be released … I’d be interested in what supply would be like also. At least Anni would be easier to drive.

I’ll add to voices that I would not have called the DD base in Anni a problem. In fact, I thought it was very good. Tight, well controlled. It’s not that loose, reverberating thump thump you’d hear in a warehouse of a nightclub. Prefer Anni bass to Trifecta. :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #84,899 of 87,781

+1

Loving my Anni 23 since last July and I was always in camp „perfect IEM“. I totally enjoy the bass and sometimes even more than that of my GM. Depends on mood and music. Moreover, I think the mids are also top notch. So is detail and resolution.

I think Anni is too covered in the treble-king narrative that might also distract people to this focus when demoing them during Can Jams or other events.

But of course, we all have definitely different taste, at least slightly. If Annis bass or mids (or treble) presentation doesn’t do it for you, that’s perfectly valid from your perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back