The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #84,076 of 88,805

I know this is the place where folks post about the best of the best in IEMs - and if price is indicative of quality then this MUST be the bees knees. Seen at Harrods while on vacation in London you can be an owner of these Klipsch wireless earbuds for a tidy sum of £36,261! Forget the midsize sedan or a decent chunk of your kids college fund - instead you could be the owner of this functional bling with 96/24 resolution with certain timeless functionality befitting its aesthetic qualities seen only in your child’s elbow macaroni art. This is what Scarface what talking about when he wrote Damn it feels good to be a gangster! IMG_0678-compressed.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #84,077 of 88,805
It is why I exist (and why more brands need to hire people like me because I’m just one person and can’t make enough of an impact no matter how many brands I have).
I appreciate the information! At $399 I better start saving now. If I can try at SoCal I will definitely be purchasing!

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #84,078 of 88,805
I appreciate the information! At $399 I better start saving now. If I can try at SoCal I will definitely be purchasing!

it will for sure be at SoCal!

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #84,079 of 88,805
IMG_0678-compressed.jpeg
I know this is the place where folks post about the best of the best in IEMs - and if price is indicative of quality then this MUST be the bees knees. Seen at Harrods while on vacation in London you can be an owner of these Klipsch wireless earbuds for a tidy sum of thirty six thousand pounds! Forget the midsize sedan or a decent chunk of your kids college fund - instead you could be the owner of this functional bling with 96/24 resolution with certain timeless functionality befitting its aesthetic qualities seen only in your child’s elbow macaroni art. This is what Scarface what talking out when he wrote Damn it feels good to be a gangster!

“Fleur de glasse violet”…$30k…this has UM written all over it.

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #84,080 of 88,805
What is the shell and faceplate made from? Is the design final? Who will distribute outside US? Hifigo? Is it a direct upgrade from my Creative EP-630?
:deadhorse:

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #84,081 of 88,805
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #84,082 of 88,805

Any chance you can get one to the meet up in Amsterdam this weekend?!

Half serious, half tongue in cheek given only a few days away… but it’s great to see more sets at much lower price points that manage to excite both those who’ve been used to kilobuck sets as well as those climbing the endless rungs of the audiophile ladder from more modest sets. I think an interesting period ahead.

Currently trying the Himalaya via my desktop and as always, DDs certainly scale in this chain.

IMG_2242.jpeg

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #84,083 of 88,805
Mar 18, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #84,085 of 88,805
Great update. Looking forward to May! I can't find the comments by Leo on the potential changes to the Shell. Will those kind of awkward multiple layers of metal going away In favor of a smooth outer shell?

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #84,086 of 88,805
plus a real fondness for Shanling, this will be hard to resist! I’m seriously hoping it performs at M6 Ultra level minus Android.
Buying the Shanling EH3 was my worst audio investment ever (decades).
Once there is no android you rely on Eddict and Shanling software where the QA is abysmal.
Have a read at EM5, EM7, EH3 headfi threads and how we feel about Shanling's products followup.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #84,087 of 88,805
Buying the Shanling EH3 was my worst audio investment ever (decades).
Once there is no android you rely on Eddict and Shanling software where the QA is abysmal.
Have a read at EM5, EM7, EH3 headfi threads and how we feel about Shanling's products followup.

Yes I’ve tried Eddict on the H7 and certainly not fantastic.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #84,088 of 88,805
Currently loving the WP900 with RS8 and a glass of wine - it’s a public holiday here today so wine is allowed 😂

@MatW - just occurred to me, can you bring 109 Pro on Saturday?! Or will you refuse as you’ve told me so many times to just buy a set 🤪

IMG_2250.jpeg

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #84,089 of 88,805
@MatW - just occurred to me, can you bring 109 Pro on Saturday?! Or will you refuse as you’ve told me so many times to just buy a set 🤪
Since you ask so nicely… I will think about it! :) (JK, of course I will bring it!)

I still like it a lot. Great value for money, super comfortable. I have to say though that it is surpassed in technical performance by the Arya Stealth that I received a few weeks ago, which is now available for a similar price. But the 109 Pro is still a great headphone, with a pleasing tonality and much better comfort than the Arya, which I find a bit clampy.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #84,090 of 88,805
Since you ask so nicely… I will think about it! :)

I still like it a lot. Great value for money, super comfortable. I have to say though that it is surpassed in technical performance by the Arya Stealth that I received a few weeks ago, which is now available for a similar price. But the 109 Pro is still a great headphone, with a pleasing tonality and much better comfort than the Arya, which I find a bit clampy.

Thank you 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back