The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #76,892 of 90,123
Wow! 3.5mm SE syngergizes better than 4.4mm?
Na borrowed it from a friend and only got the single-ended. Sounds extremely good on the SE! The Utopia 2022 is smoother to start with but sounds so well layered on the DMPZ1. Tall, tall images and some fabulous bass.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #76,893 of 90,123
Trying Baroque with Turii Ti - these really are excellent tips. Plus fantastic spending time again with Turii Ti, a set that will never leave me… new toy’s sitting in front of me but hard to put Turii away!

IMG_9899.jpeg
So the question begs to be asked, Softears Turii Ti or Dita Perpetua?

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #76,894 of 90,123
After @Scuba Devils post from Dita i have decided to get some storage boxes from Tanos for my chifi, tips, adapters. It is a perfect solution as these are stackable and can attach them together. Very good to pack and have the feeling that everything inside will be secured well.

Attachments

• IMG_5971.jpeg
    IMG_5971.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #76,895 of 90,123
So the question begs to be asked, Softears Turii Ti or Dita Perpetua?

Too soon to say - they both offer a very unique perspective and very dependent on what I’m listening to. I think I prefer Turii Ti for most ambient music, the pristine and delicate tuning lends itself well to the genre - if selecting jazz or possibly modern classical, Perpetua potentially a better fit… I say possibly as I need to test more, Turii Ti is beautiful with violins but Perpetua might do better say with the lower registers of a cello for example. I’m not sure yet where Perpetua stands on faster electronic genres like IDM, D&B, techno etc - plan to test a few of those tonight, likewise indie rock etc of which I’ll focus on dream pop, shoegaze etc.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #76,896 of 90,123
Too soon to say - they both offer a very unique perspective and very dependent on what I’m listening to. I think I prefer Turii Ti for most ambient music, the pristine and delicate tuning lends itself well to the genre - if selecting jazz or possibly modern classical, Perpetua potentially a better fit… I say possibly as I need to test more, Turii Ti is beautiful with violins but Perpetua might do better say with the lower registers of a cello for example. I’m not sure yet where Perpetua stands on faster electronic genres like IDM, D&B, techno etc - plan to test a few of those tonight, likewise indie rock etc of which I’ll focus on dream pop, shoegaze etc.
Keep us posted, curious about your findings. Hopefully I can join the journey next week.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #76,897 of 90,123
After @Scuba Devils post from Dita i have decided to get some storage boxes from Tanos for my chifi, tips, adapters. It is a perfect solution as these are stackable and can attach them together. Very good to pack and have the feeling that everything inside will be secured well.

Oh very cool - I must grab a few too, I didn’t know they stack like that. Great little cases, very robust and the closing mechanism seems secure.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #76,898 of 90,123
Nice. VE10 seems to be the opposite of "too much treble energy". Interesting how different people hear it differently. and the ear tips and how well they provide the seal, could also have played a part in the impression.
I've heard the VE10 three weeks ago in Cologne for 30 mins and would agree, that there is more than natural treble energy (compared to also demoed VE 7 and Phoenix, used with Symbio W). I own the Inear Prophile 8.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #76,899 of 90,123
Is it possible for someone to be done with audio? At least not for me I think. Maybe stop buying things related to audio stuff, but surely I can't stop enjoying music 😁
And yeah I agree with @Rockwell75, I can only hope that won't happen soon for you. We still need your insight and great advice here 😉

I had a ~10 year gap between SE535 and Raven -) It's life, lows in phases, and sometimes all meshed up together. The journey is nice. Reminds me of a journey we did in Guatemala by mistake, taking the wrong road. What a beautiful journey that was through hills and various shades of green, with sun slowly rising

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #76,901 of 90,123
I had a good few hours of listening session with Camelot + Eletech Iliad + Cayin N30LE. Got to love the Eletech cables. They're light weight, ergonomic and does the bass very, very well. Especially Raphael & Iliad.

With the Camelot, the 2DD is the highlight for me. The iliad enriches it very nicely. When the song calls for bass, it is there deliciously. Iliad also enriches the mids & the highs and does it in a very unobtrusive way. Iliad brightens up the camelot (just a tad) in the top end, in a relishable way.

All in all, a very good time spent with this combo yesterday.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #76,903 of 90,123
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #76,904 of 90,123
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #76,905 of 90,123

Enjoying this lovely gem on the TS-316 paired with the Hiby R3 II right now. :)

That sounds very nice - saved for my Bandcamp shopping session tonight 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back