The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 20, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #7,576 of 88,539
What do you own right now... IE900 and...EVO
IE 900 and...watch this space. 😉
The Legend X is a top tier IEM for sure but became something of a niche IEM for me. It's bass and presentation wowed me at first but I found it fatiguing, rather a little suffocating, in time when it was my only IEM. To the point where after spending a month with the LX and only the LX I couldn't listen to it anymore. There are some things it does better than anything out there but as an all rounder for me it doesn't quite work. YMMV and all that.
I tend to agree. I love the LX, even as an all-rounder, but my basshead tendencies have mellowed, to the point where exceptional bass is not enough on its own - even though it's still and will always remain the first checkbox on my list. Which makes IEMs like IE 900 and...(?)...far more versatile and useful for my personal use cases.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #7,577 of 88,539

I tend to agree. I love the LX, even as an all-rounder, but my basshead tendencies have mellowed, to the point where exceptional bass is not enough on its own - even though it's still and will always remain the first checkbox on my list. Which makes IEMs like IE 900 and...(?)...far more versatile and useful for my personal use cases.

Another thing-- I heard the Bravado MKii and was blown away by the new bass driver and the treble. My dream IEM from EE is a LX with the updated WX drivers, e-stats for treble instead of the bone conduction and a midrange presentation consistent with the OG LX. I would be all over that.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #7,578 of 88,539
What exactly are you wanting to know?
1.How does the bass compare? Speed, extension?

2. Staging dimensions? Which one is wider deeper taller?

3. Imaging and separation? Knowing Indigo is a beast in this regard. Does it make X run for its money?

4. Are upper mids much more pronounced on X than indigo?

5. How does treble compare?

Thanking you in advance.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #7,579 of 88,539
Another thing-- I heard the Bravado MKii and was blown away by the new bass driver and the treble. My dream IEM from EE is a LX with the updated WX drivers, e-stats for treble instead of the bone conduction and a midrange presentation consistent with the OG LX. I would be all over that.
Why would you not want bone conductor?

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #7,580 of 88,539
Sorry for the spam but I just ordered one of these from Amazon...seemed like a no-brainer. Just what I need for my Duo.

It does look like a nice cable. If only it weren't brown...

Also for me, those 2 pin connectors a bit less compact that I would like. Going to be some extra ear loop.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #7,581 of 88,539
Why would you not want bone conductor?

Not that I wouldn't want one but based on my experience with bone conduction (huh huh) and e-stats I would pick the latter as the piece of updated tech I'd most love to see in an updated LX.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #7,582 of 88,539
1.How does the bass compare? Speed, extension?

2. Staging dimensions? Which one is wider deeper taller?

3. Imaging and separation? Knowing Indigo is a beast in this regard. Does it make X run for its money?

4. Are upper mids much more pronounced on X than indigo?

5. How does treble compare?

Thanking you in advance.

Indigo has better bass texture and quality imo, the Elysian IEMs bass are nothing special. It’s quite dry in comparison and doesn’t have that great of texture, the sub bass tuning on X is great though. It digs deep and slams very hard when called for, I do find it’s too sub bass emphasized though. There isn’t enough mid thump for me and occasionally the sub bass can bleed.

X has a bigger stage on all planes but the separation on Indigo is better. Indigo is more in your head but it never comes off as congested. I think indigo has my personal favorite staging to date. I like big stages but not at the cost of cohesion and the X can be a bit disjointed at times to me, particularly between the lower and upper mids. With that said, the X won’t leave you wanting more on imaging ability either. It’s definitely top notch, I just personally feel indigo is in its own league there.

There is more upper mids in the signature on X but they’re presented in a laid back manner, they aren’t overly forward or imaged crazy up front, but there’s a lot of energy there. Hopefully rhat makes sense.

The Elysian stuff has the best treble in the game for EST drivers. It’s smoother than indigo and more extended but this can give off more of an ethereal sound.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #7,583 of 88,539
Indigo has better bass texture and quality imo, the Elysian IEMs bass are nothing special. It’s quite dry in comparison and doesn’t have that great of texture, the sub bass tuning on X is great though. It digs deep and slams very hard when called for, I do find it’s too sub bass emphasized though. There isn’t enough mid thump for me and occasionally the sub bass can bleed.

X has a bigger stage on all planes but the separation on Indigo is better. Indigo is more in your head but it never comes off as congested. I think indigo has my personal favorite staging to date. I like big stages but not at the cost of cohesion and the X can be a bit disjointed at times to me, particularly between the lower and upper mids. With that said, the X won’t leave you wanting more on imaging ability either. It’s definitely top notch, I just personally feel indigo is in its own league there.

There is more upper mids in the signature on X but they’re presented in a laid back manner, they aren’t overly forward or imaged crazy up front, but there’s a lot of energy there. Hopefully rhat makes sense.

The Elysian stuff has the best treble in the game for EST drivers. It’s smoother than indigo and more extended but this can give off more of an ethereal sound.
Thanks a lot. I think i have a decent idea of how it sounds. Definitely would like to try it out.. At some point.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #7,584 of 88,539
How would you rate it on a scale with Odin, EVO, Z1R, IE 900 and Traillii?
1: EVO
2: Traillii
3. Odin or Indigo. Started A/B testing and fell asleep at 1 am. These are pretty close. Leaning Indigo, but need to listen more.
4. Z1R
5. IE900

Which one of these things is not like the other? If Traillii could get some Dynamic drivers in there without screwing things up, it would be number 1

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #7,585 of 88,539
I think @gLer purchased a Monarch Mk2….that’s my guess :)

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #7,586 of 88,539
1: EVO
2: Traillii
3. Odin or Indigo. Started A/B testing and fell asleep at 1 am. These are pretty close. Leaning Indigo, but need to listen more.
4. Z1R
5. IE900

Which one of these things is not like the other? If Traillii could get some Dynamic drivers in there without screwing things up, it would be number 1
The monarch mk2 didn’t make the top 5 cut!?

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #7,587 of 88,539
The monarch mk2 didn’t make the top 5 cut!?
I ranked the IEMs that @gLer requested and just added the Indigo. The IE900 is not in top 5. Not sure where Monarch mkii ranks yet. I like the mkii more than the IE900 because it has much better tuning.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #7,588 of 88,539
:) (click the smiley)

Edit: just realised you already found it.

Not all good cables have to cost $4k
I buy cables primarily for looks, ergonomics and tactility. The Monarch mkii stock cable feels really nice to the touch, has a great connector system and looks great. If it only came in multiple colors, it would be perfect. I haven't A/B tested it for sound quality. I usually don't do that. The build quality of the cable is surprising for its price. I thought it would be a $500 cable. Glad it's not and will buy a couple.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #7,589 of 88,539

Indigo? Don't leave us hanging :p

Someone guessed Monarch II but honestly that doesn't seem like your taste to me...unless I've totally misread you.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #7,590 of 88,539
My money is on EXT. Not many high quality bass head level monitors out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back