The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 27, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #75,631 of 90,784
Dec 27, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #75,632 of 90,784
I need something smol, very smol preferrably. How does the M0 Pro sound?

Pretty great actually, although I've mainly been using it in situations where I'm not listening too critically. It's a nifty little player, just keep in mind for balanced you need the adaptor.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #75,633 of 90,784
Oh I agree. I'd also do the same and reach for other sets for more complex music. My go to chill out sets have been XE6 and OG Empy, but it's been nice to find and add another for under $1K.

Variety definitely the spice of life! And I am still curious about FAudio Spring too... :)

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #75,634 of 90,784
For me, Isa is a great all-rounder.
I agree. before getting them I had read some impressions that were fairly critical of it's bass response but was pleasantly surprised once I gave them a listen, maybe some had fit issues. they're one of the few sets where I prefer a more shallow fit when getting a proper seal. I also didn't find the stage as small or "intimate" as suggested. I'll have to give them a listen with some more complex tracks, I usually default to other sets for those and grab Isa for the genre's it is know to be exceptional with and punch above it's price tag. vocal/folk/acoustic/small ensemble etc

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #75,636 of 90,784
2) I currently have the elysian annihilator & diva 2023 tour kit. I know the Annihilator is a favorite among many folks here, but I can't get over how boomy it is. It definitely has SLAM, if I understand the definition correctly here. At times, I think I can jive with it and then the bass kicks in, which is so distracting to me. With certain genres like EDM, or pop it is very fun and certainly tip rolling has helped. Didn't like the stock cable, but the EA Fusion 1 has been an excellent pairing and good discovery. I tried this on both the n30le ap and wm1zm2. I am very curious to hear how it sounds with the 320max ti that I will try later this week (hopefully). I don't hate the Annihilator 2023, but i'm not sure I can justify the price on it.

I think I finally found the right combination (centurion / baroque) with what is available to me that makes the annihilator addicting and take back my comment above. The treble is brought forward a bit and low end bass is more smooth. Overall sound is more balanced and doesn't feel like a subwoofer that is set too loud. I foresee this in my future and will more than likely not get the diva.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #75,638 of 90,784
I agree. before getting them I had read some impressions that were fairly critical of it's bass response but was pleasantly surprised once I gave them a listen, maybe some had fit issues. they're one of the few sets where I prefer a more shallow fit when getting a proper seal. I also didn't find the stage as small or "intimate" as suggested. I'll have to give them a listen with some more complex tracks, I usually default to other sets for those and grab Isa for the genre's it is know to be exceptional with and punch above it's price tag. vocal/folk/acoustic/small ensemble etc

Isa was once my go-to set for the likes of ambient/classical, acoustic etc - such beautiful mids and timbre for those genres. Like many sets, I moved it along at some point but one I've often debated buying again... it really is quite special. Definitely fell into that slower category for me, I don't recall ever listening to IDM, techno etc... from memory also Isa doesn't have much mid bass impact/definition which I would see as key for those genres, but memory may not be serving me too well in that regard!

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #75,639 of 90,784
have you heard the FAudio Dark Sky? on sale at musicteck right now 🤔

Yes another I once owned and moved along! It was actually relatively early in my DD obsession, and again I'd love to hear again - the sale price did also grab my attention! I wrote a review at the time, I must read to remind myself of what I liked etc but I do remember outstanding bass timbre, I know for slower/more melodic jazz with double bass etc it was fantastic.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #75,640 of 90,784
Only thing about Isa is that it doesn’t isolate at all.
I haven't noticed this since I only listen to music in a quite environment, well, maybe not so quite sometimes, but on a bike/running trail.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #75,641 of 90,784
Yes another I once owned and moved along! It was actually relatively early in my DD obsession, and again I'd love to hear again - the sale price did also grab my attention! I wrote a review at the time, I must read to remind myself of what I liked etc but I do remember outstanding bass timbre, I know for slower/more melodic jazz with double bass etc it was fantastic.
Appreciated. Had considered it. Was wondering what made it special. Now I know. Any other types of music it did well with if you can recall?

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #75,643 of 90,784
Choice of music to kick off my night (off work till next week!) - released just before Christmas... Greg Hunter / Dubsahara 'Turquoise Noise' - stunning psychill with huge world music vibes throughout... sending shivers through me even just a short while into the first track.

WP900 & H7 on duty.

IMG_9535.jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #75,644 of 90,784
Choice of music to kick off my night (off work till next week!) - released just before Christmas... Greg Hunter / Dubsahara 'Turquoise Noise' - stunning psychill with huge world music vibes throughout... sending shivers through me even just a short while into the first track.

WP900 & H7 on duty.

This song is sick! Such a crazy vibe definitely matches the album cover 😂

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #75,645 of 90,784

WP900 & H7 on duty.

IMG_9535.jpg

You've got tens of thousands of unread mail. Hope you'll be trough until tomorrow. Fingers crossed 🫰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back