The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 17, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #7,216 of 88,613
I would still think it matters how you would apply it, really. You remember "scratching" from the early 80s, right? Scratching in itself sounds terrible. But when applied within a song it sounded really cool. So I'd say there's still hope for a breakthrough career.

drftr
I can play the spoons too.
Kidding aside, where did you find that cartoon that was awesome.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #7,218 of 88,613
For sub $100 these are really good! The sub-bass can be felt up to 20-30Hz. And the mids rich with natural sounding vocals. Treble was also exceptionally smooth for a single DD. Soundstage too did not feel congested. Buying one next week or before Christmas! :)
TinHiFi T3Plus
438333_634069.jpg
mainmain.jpg

It is $69 now at Amazon with coupon! Nice

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #7,219 of 88,613
I'm starting to suspect that the beauty and allure of Timeless' sound is rooted in the fact that its driver is more resolving than any BA setup I've heard but simultaneously no less-- or at least not much less-- natural sounding than any DD. Add onto this that the tuning is superb-- it's as solid an example of masterful tuning as any I've heard to this point in my audio journey-- and you've got one hell of a package. I hope more and more companies start looking into and developing this technology.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #7,220 of 88,613
I'm starting to suspect that the beauty and allure of Timeless' sound is rooted in the fact that its driver is more resolving than any BA setup I've heart but simultaneously no less-- or at least not much less-- natural sounding than any DD. Add onto this that the tuning is superb-- it's as solid an example of masterful tuning as any I've heard to this point in my audio journey-- and you've got one hell of a package. I hope more and more companies start looking into and developing this technology.
I concur with these sentiments whole heartedly.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #7,221 of 88,613
I'm starting to suspect that the beauty and allure of Timeless' sound is rooted in the fact that its driver is more resolving than any BA setup I've heard but simultaneously no less-- or at least not much less-- natural sounding than any DD. Add onto this that the tuning is superb-- it's as solid an example of masterful tuning as any I've heard to this point in my audio journey-- and you've got one hell of a package. I hope more and more companies start looking into and developing this technology.
Have you tip rolled at all? I noticed the timeless is a bit tip dependent like most iems I suppose.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #7,222 of 88,613
Bingo. That’s why I always loved planar magnetic drivers. Next week, you will get to sample my Stealth and see.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #7,223 of 88,613
I guess I'm gonna wait for the evolution of timeless. I will have to give it a go again, because in my earlier stint the upper mid and high notes were still a bit too attacking for me to enjoy the music. It felt as if Timeless was grabbing my attention to the details instead of letting me enjoy the music as a whole. Yup it did wonders for tracks with subdued treble as it brought out the obscure high notes to the front effortlessly, but in cases of tracks with lots of highs, it became a bit distracting and uncomfortable.

However, it might also have been a pairing issue, as I was pairing it with my M3X, which is already a neutral source slightly leaning towards brightness. But as I do not have access to any other warm or warm-neutral source, can't really confirm whether that would have tipped the scale for me.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #7,224 of 88,613
If its any consolation, I have put down the timeless for now and switched over to Mason fs. Going to give the Timeless a break. I receive a review kit tomorrow. So I will be busy reviewing a few monitors to keep me busy.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #7,225 of 88,613
If its any consolation, I have put down the timeless for now and switched over to Mason fs. Going to give the Timeless a break. I receive a review kit tomorrow. So I will be busy reviewing a few monitors to keep me busy.
Dude... Are you even aware the whole world is holding its breadth awaiting your Mason FS write-up???

drftr

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #7,226 of 88,613
Dude... Are you even aware the whole world is holding its breadth awaiting your Mason FS write-up???

drftr
It is coming....haha. If only that were true.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #7,227 of 88,613
Possibly the best non-DD bass I've ever heard in an IEM. You don't feel it in the pit of your chest like with a good DD but man the texture, timbre, decay and extension is spot on.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #7,228 of 88,613
Possibly the best non-DD bass I've ever heard in an IEM. You don't feel it in the pit of your chest like with a good DD but man the texture, timbre, decay and extension is spot on.
It is definitely alluring. It is like a siren beaconing you over to the planar side. ROCK, I AM YOUR PLANAR (in my best darth vader voice) haha

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #7,229 of 88,613
It is definitely alluring. It is like a siren beaconing you over to the planar side. ROCK, I AM YOUR PLANAR (in my best darth vader voice) haha
I give it 2 more days before the watercooler is abandoned and we find a message

Thread closed. Destination reached. Love you all! Rock.

drftr

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #7,230 of 88,613
I give it 2 more days before the watercooler is abandoned and we find a message

Thread closed. Destination reached. Love you all! Rock.

drftr
If Rock is anything like me; that will likely NEVER happen. Hah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back