The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #71,881 of 90,404
That was exactly my problem with the AZLA Shorts: not transparent enough and lack of balance. They probably have a too prominent foundation.

If those aren't the same as the sedna, try those. I really liked that pairing.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #71,885 of 90,404
I didn't really understand or appreciate the MM until I switched to the AZLA Xelastec eartips. Are those the same as the short tips? It was much more transparent and better balanced between the mids and treble. I suspect the spinfit W1 will be similar, but haven't had enough time to compare them vs the azla.

I "may" agree with you on pricing if you are looking at MSRP. However, you can find so many that are less than 1yr old selling for $2600-2800. At this price point, I think it is totally worth it and would have kept mine if not stretching the wallet to get the UM AP.
My favorite tips with the MM is by far the stock blue silicone included and the Eletech Baroque. I've tried a lot of them. The Xelastec's aren't bad either.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #71,886 of 90,404
I thought that was just me. Been travelling almost 2 years with 18 pairs of tips and only did a very brief comparison 1.5 years ago. Although I'm very happy with the current sound I did buy them for a reason.

drftr
You still have your U18t?

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #71,887 of 90,404
Amber Pearl has arrived! What an iem, it sounds just as brilliant as it did at CanJam SoCal. What started as a campaign to get the Pearl DAP sold separately, has resulted in getting the combo 😂.

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #71,888 of 90,404
FAudio Spring

As a follow up to my previous posts on this IEM. I spent more time with the FAudio Spring and compared to the IE600 and IE900 specifically using this album with emphasis on the attached tracks due to bass notes and overall tone of the songs (using stock cables for all IEM's with Mojo2/Poly Roon Qobuz 48khz FLAC:

IE600 warmest sound of the 3, IE900 more space and detail, FAudio Spring a really good blend of the strengths of those two. I would say the bass performance (sub and mid) are indistinguishable to my ears between the 3 IEM's.
Mids are more my flavor on the IE600 and Spring than the IE900 with the source and files listed above. I find the Spring to have very similar soundstage and sound spacing to the IE900 with a slight bit less top end extension which is again more my flavor.

The Sennheisers are by far my 10 out of 10's for comfort on IEM's with the Singularity a 9.5 and the Spring coming in a close 4th at a 9.25 :), as an example the Odin are uncomfortable for long sessions (so a 6 to me for fit, I can listen to a couple of albums but anymore and I am wanting to take them off), the QDC Anole Tiger I have are a similar fit to the Odin but a slight bit better fit as a 7 on my ear fit scale. As an example I have to pull my ear lobe down less on the Tiger vs the Odin to get them into my ears, where as with the above 3 IEM's they just fit in without ear stretch.

I think at this point the Spring can replace the 600 and 900 for me in my collection, and that is saying something for me.

I got them from Andrew at Musicteck of course, with my own damn money :) and am just posting this for your info:

Here is the more detail on them if you are interested.

MusicTeck Link for more info

Just to add myself to this post if i may as im an lazy..oops busy ass🤣
I totally see why it could replace both Senns, for me it replaced Singularity, although in fairness if money no object would have kept both as a DD collector.
This is the thing, at this price point i see no reason to ever sell Spring (famous last words lol), it has the bass, but also a totally balanced harmonious presentation without feeling safe( yes..you Singularity 🙃) but exciting listen every time , pair’s incredible well yet easy to drive and use out of anything. I honestly can’t think of a better value in Iem world right now.
I went kinda blindly having heard Dark Sky once, was surprised they priced it low, what a brilliant move Faudio, but also i feel word needs to be spread as in many years in the hobby I find this moment incredibly exciting.
Thanks to Andrew @MusicTeck too, always a good experience ✌️

Attachments

• IMG_5547.jpeg
    IMG_5547.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5542.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #71,889 of 90,404
My Perpetua came today, literally minutes after I mailed @jwilliamhurst's back to him. I've been priveleged to have quite a few great IEMs cross my path in the last few weeks but among those this is the one I kept coming back to. Single DDs with great mids, massive stage and nice meaty bass are right up my alley.

IMG_8973.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #71,890 of 90,404
My Perpetua came today, literally minutes after I mailed @jwilliamhurst's back to him. I've been priveleged to have quite a few great IEMs cross my path in the last few weeks but among those this is the one I kept coming back to. Single DDs with great mids and nice meaty bass are right up my alley.

Next Iem on my list big-time

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #71,891 of 90,404
Just in case any of y'all think your rig is getting too complicated...

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #71,892 of 90,404
Hello Watercoolers, thinking to add a planar IEM to my collection. Considering Supermoon & FIBAE 5. Had LCD i4 before but didn’t like it much with non-iDevices. My genres of preference are quite vast, except metal. Which one of Supermoon and FIBAE 5 do you suggest? How do they compare against each other? TIA.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #71,894 of 90,404
Just in case any of y'all think your rig is getting too complicated...

Thanks for the video. I always wondered how mixing was done with stage in ears and how they sounded to the performers. Very interesting.

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #71,895 of 90,404
My Perpetua came today, literally minutes after I mailed @jwilliamhurst's back to him. I've been priveleged to have quite a few great IEMs cross my path in the last few weeks but among those this is the one I kept coming back to. Single DDs with great mids and nice meaty bass are right up my alley.

IMG_8973.jpg

Recently I found Isa took most of my ear time from Z1R while I was outside. I might be a big sucker for single DD IEMs. Perpetua could be the ultimate single DD IEM, However, $3k is a price tag too high for me to make a blind buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back