The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 6, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #65,896 of 89,373
Did some cable rolling today. Favorite new discovery is Sovereign Symphony with RN6. This cable does a really good job at giving RN6 slightly more warmth in the lower mids and bass to give the signature more of a sonorous sound. It sounds more like listening in a Jazz Club. Upright bass really fills the room. The RN6 has the most natural tuning of the Frontier Series line.

This is good because I really loved Brise Shirogane with Storm. Now I have a good reason to pick one up. Andrew will be pleased.
if you were to pick one single cable for the storm which would you pick ? symphony or shirogane or anything else ? and why if i may ask ?

Oct 6, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #65,897 of 89,373
I need to try the Storm. But the Traillii is really out of this world. I listen every night. The vocals are just superb on any DAP. No matter what volume you throw at it, it does not distort. The Traillii Ti bass is just kick a* now.
A man wonders if there are about the same number of units of both the Trailii Ti and the Storm out there.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #65,902 of 89,373
my top iem in my small collection is for now by far PENON 10th , it's just what i was looking for all along since this hobby began for me early 2017........
it was love at first audition for me . the 10th combines most succesfully the absolute balance across the entire FR with midrange spaciousness and vocals to die for....
not to mention that it is for sure the best EST implementation thus far i ve ever heard in any tribrid regardless of its price range,for it's price its a steal !!!
As far for my top 4 monitors at the time being that goes as follows :

1.PENON 10th AE
2.Orioloys Szalayi
3.ISN EST50
4.UM MEXT

IMG_20230914_175920.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #65,903 of 89,373
RN6 VS XE6..I have the Singularity and am looking for something which has even better bass as I usually listen to Hip Hop.

Have you considered Maestro SE? For guilty pleasure sub bass I don’t think I’ve heard a better set. It works very nicely for hip hop, but it’s a large IEM and needs a deep fit or the highs can sound a bit shrill.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #65,904 of 89,373
i don’t think it was an arbitrary choice they made. it was a deliberate one to overcome some tuning issues they had on the way.
The reason is this way the frequency response stays consistent no matter what the amplification, unlike a lot of other IEMs. Whether you plug it into a mixing board, or a phone, it’ll sound as close as possible frequency wise (volume is another story though).

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #65,905 of 89,373
The reason is this way the frequency response stays linear no matter what the amplification, unlike a lot of other IEMs. Whether you plug it into a mixing board, or a phone, it’ll sound as close as possible frequency wise (volume is another story though).

64 audio has this tech in some of their IEMs also (LID) and their stuff aren’t even remotely as difficult to drive as Storm.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #65,906 of 89,373
Have you considered Maestro SE? For guilty pleasure sub bass I don’t think I’ve heard a better set. It works very nicely for hip hop, but it’s a large IEM and needs a deep fit or the highs can sound a bit shrill.
I tried the Maestro Mini and for some reason, the sound didn't click right with me. I am thinking because it was difficult to get proper isolation.

I have been a bit sceptical about it because of this issue.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #65,907 of 89,373
RN6 VS XE6..I have the Singularity and am looking for something which has even better bass as I usually listen to Hip Hop.
EVO.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #65,908 of 89,373
Please note that Singularity needs decent power. It does not sound good powered by my Cayin N7. It has stunning great sound from my Shanling M 6 Ultra and M 9. Cayin lack of power to be resolved next week.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #65,909 of 89,373
Does XE6 have better Sub Bass as compared to the Singularity. Any other IEM at XE6 level which can be good for Hip - Hop?
I didn’t hear singularity long enough to really comment but out of RN6 and XE6, I’d definitely recommend XE6 for hip hop. Others I’d Rec is EVO like @MatW mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back