The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 1, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #65,387 of 89,373
Paid my respects to Masuda San.

received_1561059394704387.jpeg

465 sounded epic. Liked it with Susvara, Storm. Still prefer XE6 with 475 (high gain) vs 465 low more matching synergy.

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #65,388 of 89,373
Beautiful! How would you describe the sound vs the OG? And that cable... :heart_eyes:
I haven’t heard the OG in a long time but if my memory serves me correctly, the OG has a more “clinical” or “surgical” precision (a Cooler mentioned that it may be due to the metallic fp) - I don’t use these words pejoratively, in fact I think OG renders one of the most remarkable precision (not necessarily equating this with “reference” however one defines it) in terms of SQ. Orph still pairs wonderfully with Prestige, but I’ve decided to keep Orph with AURA. Will try Adam with Prestige instead :)

Afternote: I don’t fully understand the nomenclature but I guess this should be called Viking Prestige vs Viking and Viking Ragnar 😅

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #65,389 of 89,373
I haven’t heard the OG in a long time but if my memory serves me correctly, the OG has a more “clinical” or “surgical” precision (a Cooler mentioned that it may be due to the metallic fp) - I don’t use these words pejoratively, in fact I think OG renders one of the most remarkable precision (not necessarily equating this with “reference” however one defines it) in terms of SQ. Orph still pairs wonderfully with Prestige, but I’ve decided to keep Orph with AURA. Will try Adam with Prestige instead :)

Afternote: I don’t fully understand the nomenclature but I guess this should be called Viking Prestige vs Viking and Viking Ragnar 😅
How are you liking the Aura? The impressions of this iem are so mixed. I was an owner/lover of the phonix le but some have said the le is better and others swear the aura is better. Hopefully I’ll get to hear it myself sometime.

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #65,390 of 89,373
How are you liking the Aura? The impressions of this iem are so mixed. I was an owner/lover of the phonix le but some have said the le is better and others swear the aura is better. Hopefully I’ll get to hear it myself sometime.
I did a side-by-side with aura and Phoenix the aura was a very clear step up but I would like to hear her opinion as well

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #65,391 of 89,373
I’m in the market for a new iem to complement my Perpetua and Trifecta.

My current thoughts are
1) VE VeX
2) Oriolus Monacha
3) Anni 23 // Fei Wan
4) FiR E12

I guess I’m lacking a high resolution iem with great treble extension which makes me really gravitate toward the Anni 23 however I am a sucker for timbre/tonality and I’ve heard the Anni lacks here.

Any suggestions?

Not a lot of impressions of the Canpur iems or the Aroma Fei Wan…curious about those.

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #65,392 of 89,373
I did a side-by-side with aura and Phoenix the aura was a very clear step up but I would like to hear his opinion as well
OG Phonix or Phonix Le? They are tuned differently..

Oh and @metaljem77 is not a him. And After that poop comment you made, you may not get a response from them…just sayin.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #65,393 of 89,373
How it sounds :
Ragnar
Storm
Annihilator 2023

Thank you.
Nothing wrong with any of these! My preference seems to be leaning to Aroma Fei Wan, better to me than jewel and any of these. I need more time with Raven. I listened to Anni some more and think it's too bright up top for me, where Fei Wan is one of the most perfectly balanced TOTL I've heard that still delivers a satisfying bass!

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #65,394 of 89,373
Nothing wrong with any of these! My preference seems to be leaning to Aroma Fei Wan, better to me than jewel and any of these. I need more time with Raven. I listened to Anni some more and think it's too bright up top for me, where Fei Wan is one of the most perfectly balanced TOTL I've heard that still delivers a satisfying bass!
I really want to hear the Fei Wan as I really loved the Jewel.

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #65,395 of 89,373
OG Phonix or Phonix Le? They are tuned differently..

Oh and @metaljem77 is not a him. And After that poop comment you made, you may not get a response from them…just sayin.
No way 💀🤦🏻‍♂️ welp 😅 it was OG phoenix The difference was very clear the aura made the phoenix sound slowww and the dd bass was apparent in the aura

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #65,396 of 89,373
I listened to Phonix and X and felt the X was far superior. Much more visceral bass (thanks DD) and a more active, bombastic sound. YMMV, and all that.

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #65,397 of 89,373
I listened to Phonix and X and felt the X was far superior. Much more visceral bass (thanks DD) and a more active, bombastic sound. YMMV, and all that.
Phonix OG or Phonix le as they have different tunings….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back