The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 17, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #63,197 of 91,171
Aug 17, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #63,198 of 91,171
Hey Fellow Coolers!

I hope everything is doing great for you and that you are enjoying some well deserved summer rest!

Long time no write - hectic time July and August at work, now I have a few days off, enjoying Italy countryside.

Italy1.png

Italy2.png

I had more than 100 pages to catch-up, took me some days haha :sweat_smile:
But it's always a pleasure to read your great posts (minus the troller posts on on the cables ...).

BTW I am very much a cable believer but not a microSD card believer :relieved:
I swapped in my WM1ZM2 my 1 TB Sandisk Extreme Pro with this 1.5 TB Micron card and I didn't notice any improvement in SQ - unless SQ is Storage Quantity :smile:

Micron.png

I travelled light, with just the L&P W4 and Z1R, marvelous combo!
L&P has added to the W4 a SDF tuning for the Z1R and you get a very balanced, musical and detailed sound. This DAC is very capable and I find it to be better then some more expensive DAPs. Streaming mostly via Qobuz.

W41ZR.png

I had the chance to listen to a few nice things in June and July : the Alambic Ears Mentawai, Aure Audio Ringo with a rare cable : the Effect Audio Ares S Founders Edition, you can see Suyang’s signature engraved on it (10 units - it's an Ares S mixed with a copper-gold alloy and an exotic palladium plated copper.) from fellow head-fier @DaveStarWalker and a prototype of the Rhaspodio Analog from magician @Solarsammy.

Ringo.png

FE1.png

FE2.png

The Analog is by far my favorite Rhapsodio (I have listened to the Supreme mk2 and the Zombie, owned the Infinity mk2), very detailed, big soundstage, excellent treble, excellent bass (but less then on my DC Ti - especially sub bass) but it remains musical and not a reference pair like the Supreme mk2 could be. The person to whom I borrowed the Analog and who owned the Supreme mk3, told me that the Analog sound better than Supreme mk3.
Fit was great using bi-flange, stock cable which I suspect is the Rhapsodio Copper Evolution is a perfect match, better synergy than with my PW Orpheus. A pleasure to do long listen as it's not fatiguing. Pricewise if it comes out someday it will definitely be TOTL priced, around 4k USD.

Analog1.png

Analog2.png

I have also bought a pair of Bang&Olufsen Beoplay EX TWS, very nice, premium quality and the sound is really good, a bit better than the AirPods Pro (slighty more soundstage and better bass) but not enough for me to keep them. They are very long to connect to my iPhone compared to the AirPods Pro 2, I was missing calls because they were taking to long to pair. They are nice and they sound really good but frankly when you are in the Apple ecosystem the SQ difference does not make it worth to own them vs AirPods Pro 2. So I'm now exploring other eartips for the APP to see if I can enahnce a bit the sound quality.

EX1.png

EX2.png

EX5.png

EX6.png

EX7.png

EX8.png

Xelastec.png

Oh and I have also ordered some ear tips : Spinfit W1 (which I find excellent on my TZ700) and double flange CP240 to try on the 1ZR.

I'm always in love with my DC Ti paired to the WM1ZM2 with a Brise Yatono 8W.

DCTI.png

mixedbyerry.png

BTW the Netflix movie from the book is really great and is about the love of music (sort of)
https://www.netflix.com/title/81581068

MBE2.jpg

MBE.png

On my radar :
IEM : a pair of custom JustEar since I hope to travel to Japan beginning of 2024 and would love to hear Storm and Singularity. Waiting for next Traillii iteration as the Ti version is nowhere to be found outside China and price difference vs OG seems too high for me.
Cable :a Dita Celeste to pair with 1ZR
DAP : would love to try the A&K SE300, waiting for the L&P LP7 but not having much hope that it will be affordable - look at the Cayin N30LE

Cheers!
That Beoplay EX is a limited edition, that’s $699! Anyway try using Spinfit CP360, I found those to work the best with the EX

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #63,199 of 91,171
That Beoplay EX is a limited edition, that’s $699! Anyway try using Spinfit CP360, I found those to work the best with the EX
It’s the Lunar Red limited edition for the Chinese New Year which sells for 399$ like the regular colors.
Check it here https://luxussound.com/products/beoplay-ex
At 699$ it’s the Atelier Edition https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/us/story/atelier-editions
They came out yesterday with a lilac purple, only 75 available.

1692323365535.jpeg

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #63,200 of 91,171
Beautiful morning today, a great day to get some rest (and maybe work out) before I have to play two gigs tomorrow and then take part in an 11 hour drive to Poland for a vacation.
DSC_0362.JPG

Some music as well😁 have a good day y'all! ✌️

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #63,202 of 91,171
Raging fires across the lake from where I’m staying right now. Nobody injured so far, but. many evacuated.

15C222A2-CD06-4D76-9F76-0A57303B4374.jpeg

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #63,203 of 91,171
Raging fires across the lake from where I’m staying right now. Nobody injured so far, but. many evacuated.

15C222A2-CD06-4D76-9F76-0A57303B4374.jpeg
That's terrifying. Stay safe Rockwell.

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #63,206 of 91,171
Aug 18, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #63,210 of 91,171
Does anyone know if you buy a download from Qobus do you have to stay with the service to hear it because it's encoded or is it yours like it came from HD tracks? :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

It's yours, not encoded, and can use any audio player to play purchased Qobuz tracks or albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back