The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 27, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #62,056 of 88,784
Jul 27, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #62,057 of 88,784
I’ve had the pleasure of listening to the new TGXEar Desolation Sound model for the past few days and like @Natesdailies it’s my favourite to date. High resolution but with a natural sound that keeps me listening. Vocals are so lifelike. I don’t have much time at the moment but suffice it to say that when they arrived I intended to try them for a couple songs just to get a sense and ended up listening for well over an hour…

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #62,058 of 88,784
That Celeste cable with the Perpetua is glorious to look at and listen to. More on the cable later.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this cable with Perpetua. I’ve been eyeing this cable for mine but the price is 🥵

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #62,059 of 88,784
What ear tips are you using on your Singularity? Are you Happy with them?
I'm using SoftEars silicon tips and they're doing very well here.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #62,060 of 88,784
Damn, the Trifecta is ridiculously good. And it doesn’t sound like the ridiculous graph below, at least not too closely.

IMG_2509.png

In any case, this is seriously fun and has a seriously good timbre. Loving rock on this.

IMG_2491.jpeg

May actually make me sell a few IEMs. Looking at selling the XE6 and the Perpetua! 😂

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #62,061 of 88,784
Jul 27, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #62,062 of 88,784
Damn, the Trifecta is ridiculously good. And it doesn’t sound like the ridiculous graph below, at least not too closely.
Sounded pretty much exactly like the graph under 6kHz to me.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 27, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #62,063 of 88,784
@Natesdailies should be dropping impressions in the coming days. It is reference tuned and similar to Totem. Initial impressions from Nate is they are his favourite in the TGX line!
Thanks for the heads up , I'll keep an eye out for this , definitely interested in a lightweight pair of phones for an ultra portable set up .

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #62,064 of 88,784

In any case, this is seriously fun and has a seriously good timbre. Loving rock on this.

May actually make me sell a few IEMs. Looking at selling the XE6 and the Perpetua! 😂

I'm glad this IEM seems to be getting some love lately, and that it held its own rather well in our recent poll. It's practically a platitude to say that it's not for everyone but for me it's the most singularly unique and satisfying thing on the market right now and I'm exceedingly glad that there are companies like CFA sticking their necks out and looking beyond the dominant ideologies and orthodoxies around how things should be done.

The following graph is the one that most lines up with how I hear it.

I'll add it to my squig link on Monday but here's the frequency response for the Campfire Audio Trifecta:

I haven't heard the Supermoon yet but this is definitely the best Campfire Audio IEM I've ever listened to.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #62,065 of 88,784
Jul 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #62,066 of 88,784
I'm glad this IEM seems to be getting some love lately, and that it held its own rather well in our recent poll. It's practically a platitude to say that it's not for everyone but for me it's the most singularly unique and satisfying thing on the market right now and I'm exceedingly glad that there are companies like CFA sticking their necks out and looking beyond the dominant ideologies and orthodoxies around how things should be done.

Wow. Two ENTIRELY different graphs.

There’s a lesson somewhere for graph evangelists who dissect IEMs based on graphs, with or without personal listening.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #62,067 of 88,784

I really hope to finally hear this at CJ socal! Saving up for that eventuality!

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #62,068 of 88,784
Wow. Two ENTIRELY different graphs.

There’s a lesson somewhere for graph evangelists who dissect IEMs based on graphs, with or without personal listening.
Graphs are only good for comparing two or more IEMs that you know, measured by the same person and the same equipment. On their own they're not worth much.
Also it's important to remember than unit variance is wildly unpredictable in this market.

Jul 27, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #62,069 of 88,784
Jul 27, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #62,070 of 88,784
Jeremy, do you know the time of the launch, Pacific or Eastern Time Zone. I think I’m gonna make a run at these
I just know it’s 8pm SGT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back