The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 23, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #61,861 of 90,229
Okay, now I try to rank my top three, as much as I hate to do it since I'm very proud of my IEM collection, all of them have a purpose. The one I rank is not what I use the most, but they are what I consider the most special as they are best in their class in what they do:

1-Shure KSE1500. (effortless detail extraction).
2-Dita PPT. (Jack of all trades, master of none.)
3-Rhapsodio supreme v3.(Scales like no other, sky seems to be its limit, hence a must for someone who is a gearophile).

4-Honourable mention: Sony IER-Z1R (best Universal Hybrid IEM, has its tonality and sticks to it doesn't matter what source you play it from.)
Seems to me like you could enjoy the Goldplanar GL-AMT16 :wink: :) very special IEM.
For those who are interested, I just finished and posted my detailed review of Mest MK3 which some might find as Indigo V2 :wink: Along with my usual analysis, based on many requests I focused on MK3 vs MK2, Indigo, and MM comparison details. Enjoy the read :)

Thanks for making this review! The graph tells me, that UMs marketing talks about how the MKIII is a more V-shaped version of Indigo was just another marketing blurb text with no value whatsoever... Good we have independent reviewers like you here.

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #61,862 of 90,229
my top 3 coming in late and from left field

MMR Thummin (heard)
Madoo 512 (own)
Acoustune Sho (heard)

This was quite hard keeping it to just 3 mostly because of my thoughts on RN6. Whilst I haven't heard many TOTL, I have heard Rn6 and it does a LOT of things very well. It really is an excellent all rounder. But in the end, my thoughts are that the above would stay in my ears for longer as they each uniquely have qualities that I enjoy and that outweigh their shortcomings.

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #61,863 of 90,229
Most of the times we tackle gears, but let me break the ice for a moment and focus on music.

Any recommendations on instrumental classical guitar music? I'm more of an album listener so... Feel free to drop whole albums rather than individual songs. My wife (pregnant) seems to be soothened by these. Here is a chance to lure her in the hobby. Lol. Looking forward for your recommendations. Cheers and tia!

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #61,864 of 90,229
Most of the times we tackle gears, but let me break the ice for a moment and focus on music.

Any recommendations on instrumental classical guitar music? I'm more of an album listener so... Feel free to drop whole albums rather than individual songs. My wife (pregnant) seems to be soothened by these. Here is a chance to lure her in the hobby. Lol. Looking forward for your recommendations. Cheers and tia!

Claude Bolling & Alexandre Lagoy - Concerto for Classic Guitar & Jazz Piano

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #61,865 of 90,229

The Bach lute suites or violin sonatas / partitas transcibed and performed on guitar are WONDERFUL. I also heard an intriguing flute / guitar album today of Robert Beaser's "Mountain Songs", with Susan Blaser on flute. More modern but quite interesting music.

BTW congrats to you and your wife!

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #61,866 of 90,229
Seems to me like you could enjoy the Goldplanar GL-AMT16 :wink: :) very special IEM.

my top 3 coming in late and from left field

MMR Thummin (heard)
Madoo 512 (own)
Acoustune Sho (heard)

This was quite hard keeping it to just 3 mostly because of my thoughts on RN6. Whilst I haven't heard many TOTL, I have heard Rn6 and it does a LOT of things very well. It really is an excellent all rounder. But in the end, my thoughts are that the above would stay in my ears for longer as they each uniquely have qualities that I enjoy and that outweigh their shortcomings.
The IEM that I got my eye is the Madoo type 812 @salwani8888 by any chance have you heard it?

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #61,868 of 90,229
The IEM that I got my eye is the Madoo type 812 @salwani8888 by any chance have you heard it?
me too ! I have not heard them, unfortunately and imagine I will only be able to some time in October. It is available for listen in Japan and pre-order to ship Aug 3rd. And I am very tempted, despite all my sensibilities, to buy blind based on comments on twitter. These or the Goldplanars....which one, both?? Arrrgh....

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #61,869 of 90,229
What Ear Tips is everyone using?
I have tried practically everything known and good that the market has to offer and I have stayed with four: AZLA SednaEarfit Short, Symbio W Peel and Symbio W old (if it fits) and new version. But of course this has to do with my preferences: with a basic emphasis on the bass foundation, warm sound and, depending on the IEM, slight reduction of treble peaks.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #61,870 of 90,229
What Ear Tips is everyone using?
Shure SE846 = Stock M Silicone or Foam Tips
Shure KSE-1200 = Stock L Foam Tips
Goldplanar GL-AMT16 = Softears U.C. Liquid Silicone Tips

I also enjoyed the Moondrop Spring Tips, Spinfit CP100/145/155 Tips, AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal Tips and the Final Audio Type E tips a lot in the past:) I have many others lying around here and I have not even tried all of them yet... I am not fixing what is not broken, yet 😁

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #61,871 of 90,229
May I ask what cable and DAP you use for Ronin? You are very inspiring for me and I would be very happy if you would answer.
My favorite DAP with Ronin is RS8. I use the stock cable with Ronin. I have cable rolled a few options with Ronin every time I prefer the stock. Eletech did a great job of optimizing the stock cable for it.

Jul 23, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #61,873 of 90,229

I like this one

C803AE17-9AF3-481C-904E-183655C6AD95.png

Bach is never a bad choice :dt880smile:

Jul 23, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #61,874 of 90,229
Hi, which specific accessories would you personally recommend ?
I personally don't have any issues whatsoever with Rn6 😉 But I recently tested it with Orpheus and that was a magical combination (for the cost-no-object enthusiast), but the stock cable is really good. Tip-wise I like Final E, Spiral Dot, and Eartune Fidelity U, but not for any reason other than comfort. I find the stock Symbio W very hard and uncomfortable. Source wise, it's outstanding with RS8, especially with the new Darwin V2 filters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back