The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 23, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #61,876 of 89,744
If the poll is still open, this is my top 3 at the moment:

Singularity
Storm
Trifecta

A special shout out to Chang, who has shown brilliant mastery in the tuning of Singularity. It is intoxicating, impactful and has such exquisite cohesiveness without sacrificing extension at both ends. This is my number one IEM of the year at the moment.

I dig the design motif, along with the simple and elegant splitter. I appreciate when audiogear cases are not chunky, so the wooden box is enamouring.

Attachments

• IMG_7590.jpeg
    IMG_7590.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #61,877 of 89,744
If the poll is still open, this is my top 3 at the moment:

Singularity
Storm
Trifecta

A special shout out to Chang, who has shown brilliant mastery in the tuning of Singularity. It is intoxicating, impact and such exquisite cohesiveness without sacrificing extension at both ends. This is my number one IEM of the year at the moment.

I dig the design motif, along with the simple and elegant splitter. I appreciate when audiogear cases are not chunky, so the wooden box is enamouring.
Nice! Does Singularity have the technical chops of the hybrids/tribrids, or is it more about tonal cohesiveness?

Jul 23, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #61,878 of 89,744
Nice! Does Singularity have the technical chops of the hybrids/tribrids, or is it more about tonal cohesiveness?
I hope I’m not being disingenuous by comparing single drivers vs hybrid drivers. I don’t really pay attention to specs or drivers but I am obsessive about the sound profile(s) that attract me. I can see how hybrid drivers can render distinctive sounds, which do not necessarily mean to me that they surpass or prevail over single drivers, nor vice versa. I have seen comments which indicate that it’s less challenging to achieve cohesiveness with a single driver, so I don’t gravitate towards single drivers on that basis. To my ears, Singularity does have the technical chops comparable to hybrids, and I’ve no doubt that there will be hybrids which are technically more proficient than Singularity.
For some context to my blunt and pithy comparisons: I enjoy Kublai Khan’s sound as I do with Singularity, and probably think twice in selling the former, if not for the deep insertion that causes pain to my ears.
I’m currently listening to Singularity with its stock cable (Vanguard), pending completion of the Blue Hour cable. Looking forward to see how the pairing turns out.

Jul 23, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #61,879 of 89,744
I hope I’m not being disingenuous by comparing single drivers vs hybrid drivers. I don’t really pay attention to specs or drivers but I am obsessive about the sound profile(s) that attract me. I can see how hybrid drivers can render distinctive sounds, which do not necessarily mean to me that they surpass or prevail over single drivers, nor vice versa. I have seen comments which indicate that it’s less challenging to achieve cohesiveness with a single driver, so I don’t gravitate towards single drivers on that basis. To my ears, Singularity does have the technical chops comparable to hybrids, and I’ve no doubt that there will be hybrids which are technically more proficient than Singularity.
For some context to my blunt and pithy comparisons: I enjoy Kublai Khan’s sound as I do with Singularity, and probably think twice in selling the former, if not for the deep insertion that causes pain to my ears.
I’m currently listening to Singularity with its stock cable (Vanguard), pending completion of the Blue Hour cable. Looking forward to see how the pairing turns out.
How would you compare Singularity to Trifecta in terms of sound profile, technical performance and comfort?

Jul 23, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #61,882 of 89,744
What Ear Tips is everyone using?
Jvc spiral dots, Tangzu Sancai, dunu SnS, Radius deep mount, kbear 07, Symbio hybrid foam tips,

Jul 23, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #61,883 of 89,744
Jul 23, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #61,884 of 89,744
Jul 23, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #61,886 of 89,744
My current top three would probably be Diva, Annihilator & Ronin :) Using final Type E tips. Curious to hear Singularity too someday

Attachments

• 1690113761280.jpg
    1690113761280.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 23, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #61,888 of 89,744
My favorite DAP with Ronin is RS8. I use the stock cable with Ronin. I have cable rolled a few options with Ronin every time I prefer the stock. Eletech did a great job of optimizing the stock cable for it.
+1

Jul 23, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #61,890 of 89,744
My main takeaway from the Singularity audition back in March was it sounded like it had a BA/EST aiding the treble. I think it’ll fool a lot of people in thinking it’s a super-coherent hybrid. Mine should arrive tomorrow, so we’ll see whether or not that holds up.

How would you compare Singularity to Trifecta in terms of sound profile, technical performance and comfort?
‘Nowhere near as… “funky”-sounding. :D. It doesn’t have the Trifecta’s FR peaks and valleys. I remember the Trifecta being enveloping in how big bass notes were vs. the mids and highs, which were smaller, but cut through with articulation. It gave a PA-system-esque sound where the subwoofer had more power than the tweeters. Whereas, the Singularity is more even across the FR note-size-wise, and it envelops by virtue of everything being tall and dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back