The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #61,516 of 90,317
Synergy time. What is your current favorite dap+iem+cable+eartip combo?
DX320MAX Ti -> Annihilator 2023 -> Stock Cable (Liquid Links Martini) -> AZLA Sedna Short (energy/ dynamics) or Divinus Velvet (smoother top end) or Audio-Technica ER500 for in between tonality

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #61,517 of 90,317
LP6 Ti + Dita Perpetua + Stock cable + Spiral Dots++ medium small.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #61,519 of 90,317

Hiby RS8 + Rn6 red Atom+ Stock cable / Eletech Raphael (depending on the mood) + Stock Symbio (+ Yatono Ultimate mini + Tsuranagi not far away 😬)

IMG_1524.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #61,520 of 90,317
Shanling M8+PWAudio M2 cable+Performer 8+Dunnu S&S tips.:smile_cat:

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #61,521 of 90,317
Cayin N7 Class A + AüR Audio Aurora + Gladiator Cables Japanese 22.5awg OCC + Canal Works Gel GDECL

DSCF2818.jpg

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #61,522 of 90,317

50% of the time
HiBy RS8 + FiR Audio Rn6 with red / black module + Rn6 exclusive silver / EA Cleo II OCTA (depending on mood) + Azla Crystal

Other 50% of the time
Cayin N7 unstacked or stacked with C9 + FiR Audio Rn6 with red / black module + Rn6 exclusive silver / EA Cleo II OCTA (depending on mood) + Azla Crystal

DSC_0020.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #61,523 of 90,317
I honestly can't pick anymore, I made some adjustments to my combinations and love them all for various reasons.

Sp3k ss, Ragnar, Magnus 8w, stock medium silicone tips - great treble and detail extension, with a soundstage and air to die for. Excellent for complex metal and rock music.

Sp3k cu, Indigo, ode to laura, medium canal works gel filled - amazing imaging and great bass rumble and tactility from the bcd, excellent for any and all music and feels like cheating when used while playing fps games lol.

N7+c9, Tesseract, cleopatra II octa+matching ic, small radius deep mount clear - air, soundstage and pure clarity, no detail is hidden and outstanding balance. Absolutely great for discovering and listening to new music and even old music to rediscover it.

Dx320 amp 14, Odin, horus+cleo, medium final type e - great mids and the flow of the mids is great when wanting to truly appreciate vocals and lyrics.

Dx320 max ti, trifecta, code 23, medium canal works gel filled (might be changing these out) - fun for rock and metal or any rap esque music genres. I recently took the eletech Victoria off this as the code 23 seems to be pairing better. Still on the hunt for a cable to bring out the trifecta but the code23 has improved my enjoyment so far.

Shanling h7, meze rai penta, Victoria, extra large radius deepmount black - warmth and laid back nature, great for night time and rest listening when laying down to go to bed.

Hopefully soon I find a cable pairing for the trifecta to really bring it out, code23 feels like a good step in the right direction but I don't know if it's the best.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #61,524 of 90,317
Cayin N7 with Cayin C9/Fir Audio Rn6 with stock cable and stock orange tips

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #61,526 of 90,317
I also have an Anni 2021 and it took me forever. I'm roughly the same size as you but settled on Spinfit CP100 smalls and I wore them on a flight from NY to LA with a small bathroom break in the middle. My most comfortable UIEM. I think I tried every tip under the sun.
I'm happy it worked out for you. I tried the VE EXT for 2 weeks, also with every tip under the sun :) ... none worked for me. The Anni nozzles are fortunately not that large in diameter and the Anni ones are round while the EXTs are elliptic.

Are you using the CP100 or CP100 Plus? Maybe I'll also try them although I'm happy with the W1s.

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #61,527 of 90,317
I have 2 and can’t choose. Both equally great, both are required for full library enjoyment.

HiBy RS8 - Fir Kr5 - Stock cable - no name Chinese (for Beats) silicons

Cayin n8ii - Softears Turii OG - Liquid links Martini - same tips as above (they seal, that’s my only concern)

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #61,529 of 90,317
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #61,530 of 90,317
Interesting. Harman target, no longer VSDF target.

Oh, and where is that panda crawling to

Haha.

I have them burning in with an awesome XINIS cloth covered copper and gold cable.

They sound pretty awesome. I’m excited for my coffee break.

I think the cable cost 4-5x the price of the IEM. 😂

I can’t believe they made these with a removable cable for this price. Insane. The build quality is top notch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back