The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 14, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #61,426 of 89,217
Jul 14, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #61,427 of 89,217
Sharing is caring! About to blind order one 🤭

:gs1000smile:
Long story short, he said the Tsu is more laid back and relaxing, and sweeter. Perhaps a bit warmer.

He also said the 475 is more neutral and noticeably more dynamic and punchy.

I’m leaning towards the 475 for the dynamics but I wanted to get as many opinions as I can.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #61,428 of 89,217
Long story short, he said the Tsu is more laid back and relaxing, and sweeter. Perhaps a bit warmer.

I’m leaning towards the 475 for the dynamics but I wanted to get as many opinions as I can.

Here you go @Auricon :)

Jul 14, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #61,429 of 89,217

Hmmm, might start off with Tsu :thinking:

ThankU's! :gs1000smile:

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #61,433 of 89,217
X-posting from FiR thread:

Wanted to mention, as I have dived head first into my new Xe6, the Unique Melody umbrella/petal tips (I don't know what they're actually called) are doing very nicely!! They're really thin, they seal, and they get that Xe6 nozzle very deep! I use them with my Indigo so thought I'd try them here, too, and damn, they rock! Everything just sounds better and the KB is right up against my concha. For me, better than the Azla or spinfits.

20230714_182537.jpg

Honorable mention to the PWA FT cable I've had for months, that nothing else sounded right on, until Xe6 came and stole the freakin show! This is a lovely pairing and I'll compare it soon with a Code 23...battle of the coppers!

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #61,434 of 89,217
X-posting from FiR thread:

Wanted to mention, as I have dived head first into my new Xe6, the Unique Melody umbrella/petal tips (I don't know what they're actually called) are doing very nicely!! They're really thin, they seal, and they get that Xe6 nozzle very deep! I use them with my Indigo so thought I'd try them here, too, and damn, they rock! Everything just sounds better and the KB is right up against my concha. For me, better than the Azla or spinfits.

20230714_182537.jpg

Honorable mention to the PWA FT cable I've had for months, that nothing else sounded right on, until Xe6 came and stole the freakin show! This is a lovely pairing and I'll compare it soon with a Code 23...battle of the coppers!
I love the fit of those tips since i got the mk3. But i find them altering the midrange sound in a funny way. But i yet have to confirm this.

Its always a joy seeing someone unlock synergies and pairing amongst cables and tips.

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #61,435 of 89,217
Reddit, where most folks are too stingy and unimaginative that they stick to a few (budget) cliché models, too egotistical to recognise that their stuffs might not sound as good as those high-end stuffs (that they have never tried, but likely lie about having done so), and would hide behind a few “science” authority to attack anyone who is happy to share a new amp or DAC or expensive gear.

Yes, diminishing return is strong, but it does not mean there is no gain after a certain low bar that they set.

And yeah, I’m tired to adding layers of preambles on my reviews that “source’s changes are very subtle”. It’s there, it’s audible, it’s significant. If you pair your fancy IEM with apple dongle only, you are gimping your expensive investment, not “winning the game”, “outsmarting audiofool”. You are the fool.

That’s my rant for today :dt880smile:
Not to step on any toes but I've seen both you and Leonarfd (and maybe other Head-Fiers without realising) over on Reddit arguing about burn-in and other topics that are controversial on Reddit. I started my headphones journey on Reddit and I gotta say that people over there aren't afraid of expensive stuff, but they are practical.

Know your audience. Reddit thinks cables, burn-in, and to some extent source-induced sonic variations are BS, just don't mention that crap if you're gonna post there. I roll my eyes at tons of the people on Head-Fi talking about cables, etc, doing this and that but I know this community buys into that stuff so I'm not gonna get in arguments with people and act like I know better (although in saying this I'm a bit of hypocrite given that I'm currently doing just that with you over in the discovery thread lol).

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #61,436 of 89,217
Not to step on any toes but I've seen both you and Leonarfd (and maybe other Head-Fiers without realising) over on Reddit arguing about burn-in and other topics that are controversial on Reddit. I started my headphones journey on Reddit and I gotta say that people over there aren't afraid of expensive stuff, but they are practical.

Know your audience. Reddit thinks cables, burn-in, and to some extent source-induced sonic variations are BS, just don't mention that crap if you're gonna post there. I roll my eyes at tons of the people on Head-Fi talking about cables, etc, doing this and that but I know this community buys into that stuff so I'm not gonna get in arguments with people and act like I know better.
Never have I ever argued for burn in or cable.

source-induced sonic variations are BS
keep repeating that to condition your mind. That would save pretty pennies.

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #61,437 of 89,217
Never have I ever argued for burn in or cable.
To be clear I was referring to a different user with that particular example. But I do know they weren't particularly impressed with you when you tried to act like only people new to the hobby could like the Blessing series IEMs. You came off condescending, don't act shocked that they were bothered by that.
keep repeating that to condition your mind. That would save pretty pennies.
I never said I don't believe in differences between sources. It's one of the few snake-oily things that I do in fact believe in. The various sources I use all sound completely different. Some of the users on Reddit however believe that once you reach a certain baseline quality with your source it should all sound more or less the same, barring outliers like tubes or extra features like x-bass.

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #61,438 of 89,217
Orpheus is in, and I can say definitively that combined with mentor, it’s the best combo I’ve ever heard in the iem game. I also enjoy the cable with jewel, but the combination of mids and insane imaging with mentor wins for me in the end. One of my more interesting observations is I actually prefer the mentor combo running my dap (cayin n8ii) with the aroma a100tb, as it gives a lot of air and staging to the presentation overall. But it sounds outstanding in tube mode on the n8ii as well. I was shocked how good this combo sounded from my wm1z as well (wasn’t expecting that).

I’m not sure I can afford to keep this combo long term, but it is pretty unreal. Feels like a bucket list item to hear this.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #61,439 of 89,217
1689211226259.jpeg
I took a screenshot of this a while ago and can't seem to remember whos list it is. Wanting to see the most recent update of it if anyone knows where it is, and thanks to whoever made it awesome table!
Just like it my favorite is on the top of the list.

Jul 15, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #61,440 of 89,217
1689211226259.jpeg
I took a screenshot of this a while ago and can't seem to remember whos list it is. Wanting to see the most recent update of it if anyone knows where it is, and thanks to whoever made it awesome table!
That looks like @Damz87 ? I might be wrong hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back