The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 15, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #61,441 of 89,167
Not to step on any toes but I've seen both you and Leonarfd (and maybe other Head-Fiers without realising) over on Reddit arguing about burn-in and other topics that are controversial on Reddit. I started my headphones journey on Reddit and I gotta say that people over there aren't afraid of expensive stuff, but they are practical.

Know your audience. Reddit thinks cables, burn-in, and to some extent source-induced sonic variations are BS, just don't mention that crap if you're gonna post there. I roll my eyes at tons of the people on Head-Fi talking about cables, etc, doing this and that but I know this community buys into that stuff so I'm not gonna get in arguments with people and act like I know better (although in saying this I'm a bit of hypocrite given that I'm currently doing just that with you over in the discovery thread lol).
Never ever argued about burn in or been in discussions about source gear on reddit, I always remain careful on the topic.
Think I once mentioned I did hear a difference on a 1 year old IEM and a new, but also mentioned it can be due to variance or that my friend and I knew it.

I have shared many photos on reddit, and also link to a few reviews. Maybe helped with a recommendation here and there.

I know I got lots of hate once in Reddit, since I mentioned that my FIIO FD11 had many hours of use and burn in.
This also show the hostility of Reddit, I didn't say it changed anything at all. But mentioned it so both camps of the side can accept the evaluation more.

What is fun is that if you post a photo on reddit or a constructive post, if its not the accepted headphone or IEM it will almost not get any likes or comments.
Turn it around, and its a photo or text of something that is highly regarded. There it will have 10x more traction. Doesn't matter if worse written or photo is crappy.

Why I say its toxic there, with less open minds.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #61,442 of 89,167
Jul 15, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #61,443 of 89,167
Just updated my review. The package I received came with 3 pairs of earhook adapters, all 3 were listed as included in the packaging on the box (as you can see in unboxing pictures), and I was told it is standalone model. Now, while talking to my readers and also Bloom Audio, they confirmed that Pentaconn ear connector doesn't come standard. So, there is a discrepancy and I made it clear in my review not to mislead others who are going to expect Pentaconn earhooks for their Elysian Audio iems.

Also, added a side view so others can see how it fits. Controls are easy to reach.

ifi-go-pod-26.jpg

Jul 15, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #61,444 of 89,167
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/...my-songs-tell-us-about-the-loudness-wars.html

I hope we will get our hands on all those original master tapes (in digital form) again one day, without the massive amount of compression and limiting going on under the hood of these newer releases and streaming service optimized versions...

Just listen to Qobuz. Sounds better than my local DSD files ripped directly off master tapes, to be totally honest. I am blown away by the SQ of Qobuz streaming and long ago gave up the notion that only a single-generation digital transfer off a master-tape downloaded to local storage could sound right. Not supported by my experience.

Jul 15, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #61,445 of 89,167
Spending time with Aurora this afternoon and thoroughly enjoying this wonderful album - a mix of downtempo and at times more D&B style… but very melodic throughout and superb production - a real feel good album. Similar to Bonobo.

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #61,446 of 89,167
Just listen to Qobuz. Sounds better than my local DSD files ripped directly off master tapes, to be totally honest. I am blown away by the SQ of Qobuz streaming and long ago gave up the notion that only a single-generation digital transfer off a master-tape downloaded to local storage could sound right. Not supported by my experience.
Would love to. Not available anywhere in Asia unfortunately.

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #61,448 of 89,167
Would love to. Not available anywhere in Asia unfortunately.
Oh no. Didn't realize that. Anyway, the SQ of streaming through those apps that actually provide hi-rez files, combined with the versatility and convenience of having a massive library wherever you have an internet connection, is just unbeatable to me. Plus I get to avoid the storage-disk SQ wars... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #61,449 of 89,167
Oh no. Didn't realize that. Anyway, the SQ of streaming through those apps that actually provide hi-rez files, combined with the versatility and convenience of having a massive library wherever you have an internet connection, is just unbeatable to me. Plus I get to avoid the storage-disk SQ wars... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I have emailed them but no response. I understand they are a small team so they have to prioritise. Asia is not a priority I guess!

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #61,450 of 89,167
One w
I have emailed them but no response. I understand they are a small team so they have to prioritise. Asia is not a priority I guess!
One would think Asia would be the highest priority!

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #61,451 of 89,167
Jul 15, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #61,452 of 89,167
Jul 15, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #61,454 of 89,167
My post on the Discovery thread (forgot to cross-post here...):

I have been enjoying this combo A LOT in the last few days:

1689271706513.png

Noble Audio's awesome Stage 3 IEMs, paired with iFi GO Pod.
iFi providing THE BEST Bluetooth I ever heard (using LDAC connection to my Samsung phone), and Noble's Stage 3 provides this fun thick sound.
This combo is NOT for treble heads, or for people that are looking for maximum details / accuracy. This combo is for people that just want a fun, relaxing and enjoyable musical experience while running chores or unwinding after a long day :beerchug:
I am sure the experience would change when attaching a colder or more clinical IEM, but I do not want to disconnect the Stage 3, so that will have to wait :laughing:

Thank you @Noble Audio and @iFi audio for creating those amazing products :pray:

BTW, list price for this combo is $1000 (Stage 3 is $600, GO Pods are $400).

Jul 15, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #61,455 of 89,167
My post on the Discovery thread (forgot to cross-post here...):

I have been enjoying this combo A LOT in the last few days:

1689271706513.png

Noble Audio's awesome Stage 3 IEMs, paired with iFi GO Pod.
iFi providing THE BEST Bluetooth I ever heard (using LDAC connection to my Samsung phone), and Noble's Stage 3 provides this fun thick sound.
This combo is NOT for treble heads, or for people that are looking for maximum details / accuracy. This combo is for people that just want a fun, relaxing and enjoyable musical experience while running chores or unwinding after a long day :beerchug:
I am sure the experience would change when attaching a colder or more clinical IEM, but I do not want to disconnect the Stage 3, so that will have to wait :laughing:

Thank you @Noble Audio and @iFi audio for creating those amazing products :pray:

BTW, list price for this combo is $1000 (Stage 3 is $600, GO Pods are $400).
Looks like a solution looking for a problem... I don't get it? If your going to hang the things off the back of your ears, why not just go with cables?
Maybe just fun tech and toy... Then yeah..sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back