The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 29, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #54,031 of 88,290
<3

Great photo! I think @SteveK27 should get an award for most stylish Watercooler. Were I to meet him I'd probably instinctively ask for his autograph.

Edit: For anyone wondering, L-> we have: @AxLvR @SteveK27 Lee Quan Min (Elysian founder) @HiFiHawaii808 @drftr @Deezel177
That's the pic I was referring to earlier on. When I asked whether we could take a picture for you the first thing that came to my mind was trying whether we could show the Dio, but unfortunately that wasn't allowed. Instead he put the see through award in my hands that he won in Japan in I think it was 2019. Can't remember the exact story unfortunately.

Really fantastic picture @Sebastien Chiu. Every single person minus one (I'll stand on the side next time) looks like he's having his best picture ever taken. Really, if you zoom in you can almost feel the personalities. Beautiful lighting too. Very well done...

drftr

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #54,032 of 88,290
Am I allowed to post photos here lol?

Just dropped by to say hello. SteveK sent me this thread's link the other day and well, it was cool reading through people's impressions. The IEMs were very 'primitive' when it were shown as schedule was very tight when we got ready for the CJ. Thanks to everyone's input (including Jude's) we know what and where needs improving. :)

Just for reference @nhat_thanh is Hieu - the founder of Soranik who brought in the xMEMS prototypes and a few other iems at Canjam.

I'd love to have him make himself feel at home amongst the Coolers 🥰

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #54,034 of 88,290
Some of the private feedback I’ve been getting on the MSE is much less positive, mainly critical of the fit. The urge to try it is pretty much gone, so that helps the wallet. :)
Yeah, I had considered a blind buy a little while back but decided to hold off and wait for @Rockwell75’s tour to give them a shot. Fit is always a concern for me with larger shells. Same deal with the Noble KK.

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #54,035 of 88,290
Mar 29, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #54,036 of 88,290
Any chance you can measure these? I am thinking about buying one. Reading his blog was a blast for IEM geek like myself, but I want to see the graph to at least have an idea before jumping in.

Your description of soundstage is not very reassuring to me though :thinking:
I'd be surprised if they had a large soundstage. It's a tiny single driver IEM, not usually the recipe for expansive soundstage 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #54,037 of 88,290
This is still my favorite Xe6 impression of all time.

It’s posts like this one that influenced me to spend the big bucks for the Xe6.

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #54,038 of 88,290
Anyone familiar with the great Turkish author Orhan Pamuk? Just visited his museum and it made me think collecting IEMs might be a healthy hobby after all!

20230329_131949.jpg

20230329_131931.jpg

20230329_132007.jpg

drftr

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #54,043 of 88,290
That's interesting, I have the Duo and the Szalayi, personally I don't think the F5 is lacking in bass compared to either of them.

I have owned both the Duo and Szalayi (not at the same time though) and was going on memory.

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #54,044 of 88,290
[Trifecta] lacked the speed to keep up with faster paced music.

I think this gets overblown-- barring really complicated orchestral pieces or super fast paced EDM it does just fine. In terms of bass quality, coherence, timbre. staging, imaging and layering it is up there with the very best right now imho.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #54,045 of 88,290
Highly recommended album for those of you who enjoy ambient music - beautiful and delicate, a sense of melancholy throughout - gorgeous soft piano strokes send shivers through me.

Taylor Deupree is a master in this genre, and his 12k label has many other fantastic artists too.

If this is anything like the Araceae album you posted in the "what are you listening to thread" then I'm in. I don't know the genre well but do like starting my day with ambient on occasion and Nothing Will Last is pure transcendence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back