The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 30, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #529 of 88,242
Yes. The additional cost to manufactures and consumers.

In addition, making claims but then providing no evidence and not allowing for any testing by third parties.

This explains it better than I can.

May 31, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #530 of 88,242
Hubert likes cords & cables so you have to got be careful.

I'm very grateful that neither of my cats are the slightest bit interested in ear tips, cables or anything like that.

Yes. The additional cost to manufactures and consumers.

In addition, making claims but then providing no evidence and not allowing for any testing by third parties.

This explains it better than I can.

Thanks I'll check that out.

May 31, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #531 of 88,242
Mike Hunt looks very regal.
Mike Hunt is gray-haired and likes to dress as a sphinx in its spare time
u-https-i-redd-it-0y0a519bncy41.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #534 of 88,242
I would speculate that much if not most of that last 10% can be had with the right component synergies in your chain...as I've said a few times elsewhere good synergy can add a kilobuck or two to the perceived value of the SQ of your setup.

Exactly what I'm experiencing currently with the BL-03 into the C9. Whopping costs of some component parts but the synergy elevates the IEM to tremendous levels. Synergy emphasises why experimentation and knowledge sharing on this website is so important!

Nice cats by the way both! Mike Hunt sounds and looks like a trouble maker...

May 31, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #535 of 88,242
Exactly what I'm experiencing currently with the BL-03 into the C9. Whopping costs of some component parts but the synergy elevates the IEM to tremendous levels. Synergy emphasises why experimentation and knowledge sharing on this website is so important!

Indeed...as is knowing what you like and following your own inclinations which may or may not be what someone else likes. Source and synergy are just as important as the IEMs themselves, I've come to learn.

Nice cats by the way both! Mike Hunt sounds and looks like a trouble maker...

Thanks, and indeed he does :)

May 31, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #536 of 88,242
Also, I'm finding it more and more difficult to get excited about all BA IEMs these days...there either needs to be dyamics in the lows or (especially) mids or e-stats somewhere otherwise I probably won't be interested. Maybe this is misguided but it's just how I'm feeling at the moment...

May 31, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #537 of 88,242
I'm slowly realising how important a dynamic low end is to my enjoyment and thankfully the Traillii BAs do a tremendous job of imitating the dynamism of DD but with the capacity to be snappy too. I haven't heard a great deal of BA treble, except at the lower end of market (Mangird Tea), but I do know I enjoy e-stat treble and when tuned right can't find a great deal of reason to want to experiment with all BA.

May 31, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #538 of 88,242
I'm slowly realising how important a dynamic low end is to my enjoyment and thankfully the Traillii BAs do a tremendous job of imitating the dynamism of DD but with the capacity to be snappy too. I haven't heard a great deal of BA treble, except at the lower end of market (Mangird Tea), but I do know I enjoy e-stat treble and when tuned right can't find a great deal of reason to want to experiment with all BA.

I'm kind of the same way...after experiencing Elysium & Bravado I'm convinced that unless there is improvements in BA tech generally e-stats are the way to go...and I haven't even yet heard any of the gen 2 estats in Trailli or Odin.

May 31, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #539 of 88,242
I'm kind of the same way...after experiencing Elysium & Bravado I'm convinced that unless there is improvements in BA tech generally e-stats are the way to go...and I haven't even yet heard any of the gen 2 estats in Trailli or Odin.
I'm definitely leaning more and more the same way in terms of dynamic drivers vs ba's and in general just preferring the more natural timbre of dynamics over the sharper cleaner sound of ba's.

Haven't actually heard much estat iems yet though and the one I did didn't really do anything specifically to convince me that estats were necessary (ee valk mki). On the other hand, the dynamic driver tweeter of the z1r did something I thought was fairly unique, which again just sort of leans me towards dd's in general.

Edit: actually I heard the fir m5 too at some point which I thought was good, but again the estats specifically there didn't really seem necessary over treble I have heard elsewhere.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #540 of 88,242
Don't make me have Allen Wrench come in here and adjust this thread!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back