The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #52,036 of 91,358
I was pleasantly surprised and greatly impressed by the sonic difference the Yanoto 8 Wire made when I demoed it. Of all the cables I've tried it would undoubtedly be my preferred option to test any cable non-believer's faith. Or lack of faith - you know what I mean.

The Yanoto 8 would probably pair brilliantly with something like the A8000s, which the Yanoto could smooth out along with widening their relatively narrow stage. However the Yanoto didn't synergise quite as well with my Impacts which are smooth enough for my taste already, but a silver version with more treble sparkle.... oh yes
I've got the Wagnus cables that I find superb. Just like Brise, it's Japanese crafted. There is no other cable manufacturer that has similar style/made cable unlike Chifi. Chifi cable brands get similar cables from the same Chinese factory.

Edit1: I know this because I've gotten similar cables from different brands that look exactly the same and whether they have different insides I'm not sure. But some were more expensive than others due to the brand name.

Just a few of my favorite shots of Wagnus JP.

20230104_221604.jpg

20230227_191642.jpg
20230209_190954(1).jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #52,037 of 91,358
Had a mini adventure around in downtown Vancouver 🚶. A shower thought I had was how awesome it is to be able to use my audio gear while sight seeing.

ECC70B5A-C5B3-4AFF-B4B3-AE2CFD3A3B77.jpeg

The top right corner is what I recently posted about (Vancouvers revolving restaurant). It was nice to vibrancy returning to the city. More people out and about. Shops closing later compared during mid pandemic.

"Canada Goose" in Olympic village 😆.

14F85915-B17B-4FE2-ABCB-F7C3F9F2E4F1.jpeg

My main rotation while watching the waves crash in False Creek:
2D5BE44D-1E64-4866-BD3D-2C739C891CF9.jpeg
Good choices.

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #52,038 of 91,358
Probably not a good question for you since you are 100% IEM/DAP. But I am wondering if someone can have the same level of R2R enjoyment with much less at the cost of larger size, say a desktop R2R DAC/AMP at the sound quality level of LP6 or LP6 TI. What will be the lowest budget pick for those R2R desktop choice.
The short answer is yes. The long answer is well you can probably get close to LP6 sound using HQplayer.
Hardware wise, there is not much going on with the LP6 family. The price of LP dap what we pay for the noise shaping filter.
The same way Hugo has the WTA, LP6 has their own noise shaper which they do not advertised.
All the filters used on P6 and LP6 are essentinally in NOS format. The different filter setting applies various noise shaping methods to smooth the curve.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #52,039 of 91,358
The short answer is yes. The long answer is well you can probably get close to LP6 sound using HQplayer.
Hardware wise, there is not much going on with the LP6 family. The price of LP dap what we pay for the noise shaping filter.
The same way Hugo has the WTA, LP6 has their own noise shaper which they do not advertised.
All the filters used on P6 and LP6 are essentinally in NOS format. The different filter setting applies various noise shaping methods to smooth the curve.
Thanks, I just tried HQplayer and it really brings huge improvement over the groove I was using.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #52,040 of 91,358
Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #52,041 of 91,358
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #52,042 of 91,358
So. I've been watching this guy on youtube, named Crinicle.. He seems to like craping all over kilo-buck IEM's. Sure only one man's opinion, but
he has a large subscription count. Same with Bad guy, Good review. I do laugh like hell watching them, very entertaining. I'd be skeptical on buying any
IEM over $1k, seem the diminishing curve is steep beyond this price point. Only problem with BGGR is, I think he wears a GoPro on his head while reviewing,
and I need to take Dramamine before watching him, or I can get sea sick.
You may appreciate Z's humour too:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZeosReviews/videos

36 month loan with an APR of 16%
Thing is, you can get 5% on cash nowadays. The difference between receiving 5% and paying 16% means you get a whopping 21% discount on your new IEM by just being patient. Knowing that if you find the right place it's easy to get 15-20% off in the first place suddenly means you're up for a 40% discount. Give it a thought. Debt is not the best thing to have in an inflationary world with potential economical and financial hardship around the corner.

Not only is patience a virtue, but it makes damn good money too!

drftr

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #52,043 of 91,358
You may appreciate Z's humour too:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZeosReviews/videos

Thing is, you can get 5% on cash nowadays. The difference between receiving 5% and paying 16% means you get a whopping 21% discount on your new IEM by just being patient. Knowing that if you find the right place it's easy to get 15-20% off in the first place suddenly means you're up for a 40% discount. Give it a thought. Debt is not the best thing to have in an inflationary world with potential economical and financial hardship around the corner.

drftr
I am patiently trying not to order a RN6...

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #52,044 of 91,358

drftr

Great info and advice to members especially for the financial hardships being felt around the world.

The checkout with Affirm and APR rate was a test for @CodenameBK201 to show what an Affirm qualified loan and maximum number of months for repayment looked like.

I had already preordered my FiR Rn6, charged it on my Amex Plat for points and paid off the preorder in full when the transaction was processed. My personal financial mantra is practice fiscal responsibility, save a portion of your pay, build a couple of months of financial cushion, and when it comes to credit cards, I don’t or rarely carry balances on my cards and if I do it’s usually less than $500.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #52,045 of 91,358
Big ups for the LP6 Gold...currently my bae :)

Glad to hear some impressions of the Traillii Ti and quite interesting to know there are some sonic differences.

That Rosenkranz IEM looks insane. Incidentally I've never been able to take that brand seriously becasue of those stickers which they claim enhance soundstage or something. Do you know what is significant about that IEM that it fetches a price tag of $9K? What size driver, and is it proprietary?
LP6 is the 🐐! :D

about the Rosenkranz, I’m not quite sure what makes it so expensive… There’s probably a good part of marketing BS like with all luxury products but also I think the shells are handmade gold plated silver and they make at most 5 per month. Each set is hand picked and matched for most accurate stereo. As for proprietary tech, I don’t really know, but from what I saw on their Google translated blog, the whole DD chamber is chiseled with carefully placed patterns that supposedly reverberate the soundwaves. Also, the part holding the DD seems to be an important one that they have to match very carefully… The hole wiring inside the IEM is made with the same copper cable than their $4000 flagship cable. As for the DD I don’t know if it’s proprietary, but I saw it is an 8mm one.
As for the stickers, yeah … it sounds suspicious… :D but it all align with their philosophy of controlling the flow of the electromagnetic waves… After, is it working or not, I have no clue, but the fact is that their products sound pretty good to me! YMMV obviously and I’m sure many would absolutely hate this IEM sound!
As for the price, is it worth it? No way! But I don’t think any IEM over $2000 is worth the price to be honest… If we were reasonable folks, we’d definitely not be on this forum, right?! :D

Cool post, thank you. Every time I see that Traillii Ti part of me dies inside because I find it SO appealing even though some people find it too bland. I wish it was more attainable just so could own it to check it off the list. What a classy looking IEM. If this was back in 2020/2021 there’s absolutely no way I would have resisted buying that 🐦
thanks,

yep, they are pretty cool! They look even nicer in real. The finish is top notch!

Traillii Ti with a "much bigger" stage?!

...and those goldies are a wild set.

Great report!

thanks,

actually, I would not go as far as to say “much bigger”, but it is definitely noticeably bigger!

Great post and pics, thanks Julien!

I was wondering if the cable on the Traillii Ti is still the 4 wire PW Audio 1960s ?

thanks,

actually, I don’t know if it is the same wire or not… the hardware and finish is much nicer and the cable felt a little more supple than mine.

Imo it's said

Did you try the atom modules ? For fir xe6

no I didn’t try different ones. Just the one that was pre installed and I don’t know which one it was. I liked the XE6 a lot though.

cheers,

Julien

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #52,046 of 91,358
Great info and advice to members especially for the financial hardships being felt around the world.

The checkout with Affirm and APR rate was a test for @CodenameBK201 to show what an Affirm qualified loan and maximum number of months for repayment looked like.

I had already preordered my FiR Rn6, charged it on my Amex Plat for points and paid off the preorder in full when the transaction was processed. My personal financial mantra is I don’t or rarely carry balances on my cards and if I do it’s usually less than $500.
You're...going to let me borrow the RN6 right? :darthsmile:

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #52,047 of 91,358
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #52,049 of 91,358
Had a mini adventure around in downtown Vancouver 🚶. A shower thought I had was how awesome it is to be able to use my audio gear while sight seeing.

It's nice! It's like having a soundtrack for your journeys. I did that a few years ago in London and Munich, and I still have songs that remind be of very specific locations because of that.

I am patiently trying not to order a RN6...

They're making 300 of them. As long as they still have some left, you'll be just fine. I mean, what are the chances that either of the following conditions is going to deplete supply?
  • The Rn6 being on tour here in The Watercooler
  • FiR exhibiting at CanJam Singapore 2023, in one of the most TOTL IEM crazed places on Earth?
I had already preordered my FiR Rn6

Marked-Safe-From_Rn6.jpg

Auricon is safe! 🥲

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #52,050 of 91,358
It's nice! It's like having a soundtrack for your journeys. I did that a few years ago in London and Munich, and I still have songs that remind be of very specific locations because of that.

They're making 300 of them. As long as they still have some left, you'll be just fine. I mean, what are the chances that either of the following conditions is going to deplete supply?
  • The Rn6 being on tour here in The Watercooler
  • FiR exhibiting at CanJam Singapore 2023, in one of the most TOTL IEM crazed places on Earth?

Marked-Safe-From_Rn6.jpg

Auricon is safe! 🥲
He's going to let me borrow them, so I should be good haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back