The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 18, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #43,307 of 88,290
Yes very good points. Does the M2 retain the same Sony music player but as an app within Android? - also, keeping both ‘recently added’ and ‘hi-res’ search categories? …I love both of these options, and certainly miss ‘recently added’ on my Lotoo DAPs. I do have it within UAPP on my M9, albeit a bit buggy lately for some reason where it stalls for an annoying few seconds before loading content.
Yes the app is within android, Hi-Res search gives 3 categories to filter by hi-res, CD Quality or compressed. I’m not sure on the recently added, it’s currently sorting ABC, but I suspect that’s because I imported all albums at the same time and haven’t added any since.

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #43,308 of 88,290
Whoah! Good to know they made something new. Did anyone try to order a CIEM version and see if they would make it? I'm somewhat dissatisfied VE no longer develops the custom line.

Unique Melody currently holds 5 (FIVE) of my CIEMs: a dummy / demo shell with neutrally tuned 1BA sent back for them for comparisons, MEST 1 & 2 (refitted for the past 6 [SIX] months - really!), Le Jardin (that were assymetrical and sent for correction) and Multiverse Mentor in production.

I'm asking twice a week if they sent anything. MEST are lying ready for the past two months and they still did not send them back, waiting all the time to finish other stuff.

I'm anxious that I won't get anything before Christmas, and then I fly out for two weeks which makes the waiting time unacceptable to me (I want my noise isolation on a plane).

I've decided to make a plegde that if I won't get my Le Jardin back before Christmas, I won't buy anything from them ever again.

That's typical in my cooperation with these companies in this industry. Hopefully you guys have better experience with CIEM companies than me!
Man, that is a big turnoff. The Mest Mkii was on my wishlist for a while, in part due to the excellent price point, but the build quality issues with the indigo had me concerned. Guess they're off my wishlist.
Yes the app is within android, Hi-Res search gives 3 categories to filter by hi-res, CD Quality or compressed. I’m not sure on the recently added, it’s currently sorting ABC, but I suspect that’s because I imported all albums at the same time and haven’t added any since.
On my old AK240, I pretty much never used the search function and stuck to folders as I found it easier and faster to locate certain tracks. In fairness, I'm fairly neurotic when it comes to my library organization (everything is alphabetized), and at any given time I know exactly where everything is. That having been said? The search function on the Walkman app is good. Like, really good. Whatever sorcery they've cooked up in terms of indexing is working, and a massively better experience than I had coming off of using Neutron on my android phone. I type in "sympathy" and sympathy for the devil and synthetic sympathy come right up, none of that "no results found". Strangely enough, legitimate albums, as in ones that I've legally purchased, often show up with the tracks out of order when looked at in folders, despite being numbered individually, but seem to load in order just fine when I search under albums.

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #43,309 of 88,290
Dec 18, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #43,310 of 88,290
Dec 18, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #43,311 of 88,290
What was the biggest suprise for you in this hobby in 2023? < should be 2022?

Good catch. I don't think I can change it now though-- hopefully everyone will know what I meant lol

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #43,312 of 88,290
Dec 18, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #43,313 of 88,290
Oh my! It would be hard to make a longer questionnaire xD

I guess I went a bit overboard-- however none of the questions are required save the first. Answer as many or as few questions as you want.

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #43,314 of 88,290
Completely concur w/ SteveK27 on the hours necessary with the Trifecta. I'm probably right about at the same number of hours on my set as RTodd (~50hrs), and mine are losing any semblance of veil as well.

The sense of cavernous space, and that bass reverberating, is what is so addictive w/ this IEM. I love this effect on Jack White's Hi-De-Ho, such a fun playful song. The rolling drum hits around 1:55- 2:50'ish are just addicting, and the amount of air communicated on the Trifecta is equally so!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #43,315 of 88,290
I just wanted to say the black sp3000's drab olive green case looks.... not good on photos and doesn't go well with any IEM I've seen it next to. I'm kinda interested in the black anodized stainless steel but the case kills it. I've said it before and will say it again: I hope AK abandons the drab colour schemes for Its TOTLs. One conservative black option for the strict and stern and then something nicer for the others. I look at a&futura series cases and designs and those things are way bolder and nicer. Or, man, the old ak120ii cases on black friday sale a week ago, especially the gorgeous yellow one

Says the guy on a plane to Berlin to pick up a x-mas sp3000 from a store :)

The green case is actually a lot nicer than you'd think when you see it in person. Maybe it just doesn't photograph well.

Dec 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #43,316 of 88,290
0640A8FC-183E-435A-A6F4-46E49F8BC838.png

I was pretty sure someone has already posted it before though. But here it is with the EVO and Traillii.
Thank you!!

I was sure the graph would exist and wondering why google was short of answers here. Helps me, thanks.

Some strange "anomalies" 400-500Hz and 3-4kHz. 5 or even more than 5db from IEF Neutral. I heard these have great bass, quantity is definitely there and knowing EE from the Odins, quality will also be great. But the this bump & dip, do they sound "right"?

Dec 18, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #43,317 of 88,290
It is copyrighted.

Have you given it a thought though? It's a huge investment in time and therefore money to set up a meaningful database as people will always be asking for more to make comparisons possible with what they know. There's only a few out there that have a huge database, and still they miss quite some TOTL IEMs.

drftr

Great answer, thanks (seriously). I don't expect free labor from anyone. I just wondered why I couldn't find a graph for this TOTL IEM that exists for some months now and already has several reviews from well known sources. Even for the Supermoon, it was easy to find a graph and that's probably even more of a niche IEM. That's why I was wondering...

Dec 18, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #43,318 of 88,290
Dec 18, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #43,319 of 88,290
Taking inspiration from the format used by @SteveK27 I put together a little IEM spreadsheet tracking what I've heard and what my favorites are. It's less prescriptive than a proper ranking and I feel this is a great format for merely expressing my thoughts and tracking what I've heard.

Have a look if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ifrc0nCKZ-b4hSBNzGMMZ-Nc3zAXHqio0nqslczmlNI/edit?usp=sharing
I love this.
There are so many sets here that I have not tried 🤭

It seems like our spreadsheet is quite complimentary as they consist of a different library of iems.

Thank you for taking your time to create this. I believe it will be very informative for other people looking into your preferences.

You should also put it in your signature for the ease of convenience :)

Dec 18, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #43,320 of 88,290
I love this.
There are so many sets here that I have not tried 🤭

It seems like our spreadsheet is quite complimentary as they consist of a different library of iems.

Thank you for taking your time to create this. I believe it will be very informative for other people looking into your preferences.

You should also put it in your signature for the ease of convenience :)

Thank-you for the kind words. Will probably tweak it up a bit and add some explanations around my preferences and what the different descriptors mean. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back