The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 10, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #42,316 of 88,549
Oh, that's a surprise..... @Rockwell75 you are going for the Trifecta afterall, I assume?

Let's see if he is willing to ship to Hong Kong, then.....

Already sold I think...but you'll be second on the list if this doesn't pan out.

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #42,317 of 88,549
Already sold I think...but you'll be second on the list if this doesn't pan out.
38 minutes. I better turn on Classfields notifications from now on.

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #42,318 of 88,549
@Scuba Devils
In your humble opinion, out of these 3 single DD Iems: TZ700, Turii Ti and Xelento 2 which one has the best sound quality? I know, they probably very close, but anyway?
Comfort wise too. Thank you.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #42,319 of 88,549
38 minutes. I better turn on Classfields notifications from now on.

More like less than 5 minutes. I don't know why I didn't mention it on here first...subconsciously part of me thought Ani was "old news" to the movers and shakers around here. My bad.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #42,320 of 88,549
@Scuba Devils
In your humble opinion, out of these 3 single DD Iems: TZ700, Turii Ti and Xelento 2 which one has the best sound quality? I know, they probably very close, but anyway?
Comfort wise too. Thank you.

Turii Ti without a doubt. But I’m loving Xelento 2 as more of an all-rounder as it has excellent isolation and incredibly comfortable - more of a fun tuning, with fantastic bass. A while since I’ve given TZ700 a listen, I must revisit but I think I’d rank Xelento ahead in terms of engagement factor.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #42,321 of 88,549
Yes I’m delighted with it and adds something unique to my collection. Next up will probably be an IWC at some point.

These are the original Beobetachuhren from 1941 FL23883 with the proper paired navigation compasses.

Funny story, I went into an IWC boutique because I thought it would be nice to have an original IWC band fitted to my watch.
I showed the young gentleman my watch and asked if he could help me with getting a band for it. He looked at the watch, and
must have thought, this is such an ugly oversized watch and it hasn't been cleaned for decades. He didn't smile, he didn't have
much of an expression of any kind for that matter. He paused, looked me straight in the eye and said in the most composed manner
I have heard from someone native to LA. He said, "Please go down stairs to the first floor of the mall and head to the childrens
clothing area. Go a little further and you will see a carousel and there should be a sign for watch repair. I am sure they can help you.
We only service IWC watches in this boutique, but the repair center will be happy to look at your watch." I was a bit puzzled,
I was in a store full of IWC Big Pilots. There were metal ME109 models on bookshelves and a huge propeller clock in the store.
They didn't recognize their most famous watch even while holding it in their hand.
D190DED2-C78A-4EAC-BC84-799CE7DCE412.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #42,322 of 88,549
These are the original Beobetachuhren from 1941 FL23883 with the proper paired navigation compasses. D190DED2-C78A-4EAC-BC84-799CE7DCE412.jpeg
Jeez, what a collection....!

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #42,323 of 88,549
More like less than 5 minutes. I don't know why I didn't mention it on here first...subconsciously part of me thought Ani was "old news" to the movers and shakers around here. My bad.
Don't be sorry, you are not obliged to sell it to us or anything. GLWS. And in any case, I don't mind a cosmetic refresh :joy:

How do you find the stock cable? I was wondering whether that needs to be swapped to something else or the Martini would suffice.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #42,324 of 88,549
It’s an absolute necessity for me. I’m about 90% less likely to buy/keep an IEM if there’s no pressure venting. This was a large reason why I canceled my CIEM Diva order, which Diva now actually has a vent in the shell.
I feel the same way.
Reason why I never felt comfortable with Traillii. Each time I had it in my ear, it just felt like a suction cup that I couldn't pretend to not notice.

If an iem/cable don't feel comfortable in my ear, it doesn't really motivate me to listen to music no matter how great it sounds 🥲

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #42,325 of 88,549
How do you find the stock cable? I was wondering whether that needs to be swapped to something else or the Martini would suffice.

Aestheticlly it was fine-- I tend to prefer thinner gauge and supple cables but had no issues with this one. I never tried any other cables on it as the only other Pentaconn cable I have is the Gaea cable so I can't comment on the sonics or anyting.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #42,326 of 88,549
If they only would look different than they do

I don’t think I explored this enough:

The Fir VxV were something I was seriously considering and I spent hours researching about two years ago when they were released.

Why did I not buy them back then?

I couldn’t imagine spending $1,500+ CAD on IEMs with a (dead?) rabbit on them.

Why did I buy them now?

I got a pair of them for approximately 1/3rd of the price in the classifieds.

Why do I have no shame now?

They sound good and ultimately that’s all that matters. Do I feel like an idiot wearing them? Sure, but again they sound good.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #42,327 of 88,549
I feel the same way.
Reason why I never felt comfortable with Traillii.

I know more than one person who let the bird fly the coop due to issues with pressure.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #42,328 of 88,549
I've never quite understood Fir's ham-fisted dead rabbit space force marketing...but yeah if it sounds good who cares about anything else.

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #42,329 of 88,549
I've never quite understood Fir's ham-fisted dead rabbit space force marketing...but yeah if it sounds good who cares about anything else.

I don't mind it and distinct compared to other audio brands which is great. I do like the newer bunny design on Frontier series.

There's a "kawaii"ness about it similar to KAWS and Medicom Toys Be@rbrick.

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #42,330 of 88,549
Eclipse has my attention enough to offload Twilight - even the naming convention would make you wonder as to a possible connection!

Anyway, shameless plug for anyone interested in Europe - HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back