The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #38,461 of 88,554
I only had this black background experience when I swapped to my brise audio yatono ultimate cable vs venom on the jewel.
Totally agree about the hyper-black background of the Yatono Ultimate. It really made me feel wow when I first used it with the Annihilator.

Oct 21, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #38,462 of 88,554
I actually prefer the DX320x with AMP12 presentation more to the SP3000. It sounds more lively, dynamic, and engaging. But I don’t get that same feeling of immersion I am getting with the SP3000.

I think the RS8 has a more “wow” and exciting presentation versus the SP3000, I can imagine in short demo/show conditions it’s what sticks out more. That’s why I’d like to try it again eventually. The magic of the SP3000 would not be something I’d pick up on with distractions / noisy floor environment.
Sounds like I am fairly safe from the SP3k with my 1ZM2.:L3000:

Oct 21, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #38,464 of 88,554
Sounds like I am fairly safe from the SP3k with my 1ZM2.:L3000:

The SP3000 reminds me a bit of the 1ZM2, unless you have a reason to look for a new dap like I did then I don’t really feel getting one is worth it compared to what is already out there.

N8ii to me is still the “best” android dap but I want something more pocket friendly.

Oct 21, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #38,465 of 88,554
The SP3000 reminds me a bit of the 1ZM2, unless you have a reason to look for a new dap like I did then I don’t really feel getting one is worth it compared to what is already out there.

N8ii to me is still the “best” android dap but I want something more pocket friendly.
Don't really have a reason to change now, too into the Sony sound sig.

Although the CU SP3k might have a warmer signature...that plus the AK-style resolution could be pretty nice.

Oct 21, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #38,467 of 88,554
Meeting up with @Scuba Devils again tomorrow morning for a mini meet up. Plenty of gear for us to both try.

Can't wait to finally hear Turi Ti. Can't understand why people are calling it hype when everyone I've spoke to who has heard it has loved it. That's usually a great indicator of a good set. Excited to hear it for sure.

Will also have a demo Supermoon delivered next week. See does it live up to its "hype".

Anyone else using Plexamp to host their music library? I've been using Plex for a long time but only discovered Plexamp. Seems like an excellent Roon alternative that will work on any Android device and play music in its native format and resolution. Also has a Linux client which is magic for me. Seems too good to be true at the moment so I'm wondering am I missing something but it sounds excellent and I can access my library from any device and remotely.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #38,470 of 88,554
Meeting up with @Scuba Devils again tomorrow morning for a mini meet up. Plenty of gear for us to both try.

Can't wait to finally hear Turi Ti. Can't understand why people are calling it hype when everyone I've spoke to who has heard it has loved it. That's usually a great indicator of a good set. Excited to hear it for sure.

Will also have a demo Supermoon delivered next week. See does it live up to its "hype".

Anyone else using Plexamp to host their music library? I've been using Plex for a long time but only discovered Plexamp. Seems like an excellent Roon alternative that will work on any Android device and play music in its native format and resolution. Also has a Linux client which is magic for me. Seems too good to be true at the moment so I'm wondering am I missing something but it sounds excellent and I can access my library from any device and remotely.
Plexamp does not support hi-res playback as far as I know, unless they've updated it since last I used it. When I used it on a DAP last time, sample rate never went above 44.1. It also doesn't support DSD playback I believe. Happy to be corrected?

Look forward to all your impressions.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #38,471 of 88,554
Update to the "Top 5" question after a few more submissions to the poll, which is here and will remain open if anyone still wants to do it:

Traillii - 22
Jewel - 19
Xe6 - 17
Supermoon - 16
IER-Z1R - 13
Indigo - 11
Mentor - 10
Odyssey - 10
a/u12t - 9
Phönix - 8
Odin - 8
EXT - 7
Annihilator - 6
Evo - 6
Kr5 - 6
Mason FS - 6
Ragnar - 5
Elysian X - 5
Andromeda - 4
Legend X - 4
Turii Ti - 4
ie900 - 4
Red Halo - 3
Trifecta - 3
DC Ti - 2
Fourte Noir - 3
ie600 - 2
KSE-1500 - 2
Turii - 2
Xelento - 2

a18s
a3000
Ace
Advar
Atlas
Buds2Pro
e5000
Eden
Elysium
Encore
Erlkonig
EST50
Gaea
Humdolores
Isabellae
LCDi4
Mason3
MESTii
Mezzo
Ne4
o400
Perpetua
Serratus
Sharona
Solaris
Storm
Szalayi
u18t
u6t
VE8
Volt
Wraith
Zen Pro
Monarch II
V16
FD5
Aurum

IEMs we've Heard:

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 8.41.44 AM.png
I’m “a bit” in late😅
Fitear TG334
Aroma Jewel
Aroma Thunder

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #38,472 of 88,554
Plexamp does not support hi-res playback as far as I know, unless they've updated it since last I used it. When I used it on a DAP last time, sample rate never went above 44.1. It also doesn't support DSD playback I believe. Happy to be corrected?

Look forward to all your impressions.
Yes, it seems to be working now with DSD and higher rates than 44.1. You have an option in the audio quality settings to pick the original format. There‘s an option to have it down sampled on poor networks. I’m still testing it out though and will report more in due course but it certainly seems like a good option at the moment for library management.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #38,473 of 88,554
Oct 21, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #38,474 of 88,554
Oct 21, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #38,475 of 88,554
Can't understand why people are calling it hype when everyone I've spoke to who has heard it has loved it.

Word usage. For me hype means buzz or excitement-- not false hope or unproven sentiment. Saying something is hyped for me just means that there is a lot of excitement in the air about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back