The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #3,586 of 88,625
I can say The Rhapsodio Eden is my favorite. I agree that blanket statements are usually emotional attachments coming forth from the user and that backing it up with why one believes that would only benefit the community :) Eden is my favorite but I can't say its the best because I have not heard them all. I can only speak from the experience I have had with the three I have tried and with my music library. So many subjective factors involved. Any impression or review that implies "the best" I would definitely take with a grain of salt as well.
I liked your review of Eden! As per my review of it, I am a huge Eden fan! It has excellent timbre and is rather emotive. If the fit is right, it is a good IEM for long sessions. If I want quick pleasure, I reach for Odin for example. Currently in my lineup, Elysium sort of takes the place of what Eden does concerning timbre and emotions.

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #3,587 of 88,625
I liked your review of Eden! As per my review of it, I am a huge Eden fan! It has excellent timbre and is rather emotive. If the fit is right, it is a good IEM for long sessions. If I want quick pleasure, I reach for Odin for example. Currently in my lineup, Elysium sort of takes the place of what Eden does concerning timbre and emotions.
Thank you so much! I liked yours as well. Elysium I have not heard but I’m hoping to some day. I’ve heard great things from many trusted members.

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #3,588 of 88,625
If these VE tour units don't come soon and I don't wind up jumping on one of CFA's novel releases this week I'm going to jump on the next used IE900 that comes up just to satisfy my curiosity.

In other news, and I myself need to try to do this more, but when people make statements like "X is the best single DD out there" they should be qualifying that statement with what sort of sound they like and why feel the piece in question is the best. Isa, Turii and IE900 are 3 of the preeminent single DDs out there and I've heard each of touted as "the single DD to beat" right now. I've read enough about each by now to get the sense that they're all jacks of different trades and may even ideally compliment each other-- ie., each seems to excel at its own thing and it's no really fair to make blanket statements like one is better than the other in any absolute sense because everyone of them has strengths the others do not. That's my mini rant of the day.
I’ve got the IE900 & just received the FAudio Dark Sky, with Final A8000 on the way. Unfortunately, I’m having fit issues with both the IE900 & Dark Sky. I also had fit issues with the Final A4000 (same shell size/shape as A8000). Normally I have fit issues with larger sized IEMs, but these compact-shelled IEMs are highlighting the importance of tip-rolling which I normally avoid; just another item (& more $) in the audio chain. I normally prefer BA-based & hybrid IEMs, never thought I’d have 3 TOTL DD-based IEMs at once.

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #3,589 of 88,625
I’ve got the IE900 & just received the FAudio Dark Sky, with Final A8000 on the way. Unfortunately, I’m having fit issues with both the IE900 & Dark Sky. I also had fit issues with the Final A4000 (same shell size/shape as A8000). Normally I have fit issues with larger sized IEMs, but these compact-shelled IEMs are highlighting the importance of tip-rolling which I normally avoid; just another item (& more $) in the audio chain. I normally prefer BA-based & hybrid IEMs, never thought I’d have 3 TOTL DD-based IEMs at once.
Have you tried the Azlasedna regular tips? I got the IE300 and other than large Dekoni foam tips, they are the only tips that give me a good seal.

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #3,590 of 88,625
Have you tried the Azlasedna regular tips? I got the IE300 and other than large Dekoni foam tips, they are the only tips that give me a good seal.
I only have the Azla Xelastic tips, which a seller was generous enough to include when I bought an IEM on the classifieds. I know it's strange to say considering I'm spending $1k+ on IEMs, but I refuse to spend ~$20 on 2 pairs of eartips. I only use foam tips as a last effort, but otherwise my preferred tips are SpinFit, Final E-type & Sony tips. I know I'm probably missing out by not tip rolling (the current FOTM eartips seem to be Acoustune), but it's gotta stop somewhere.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #3,591 of 88,625
I only have the Azla Xelastic tips, which a seller was generous enough to include when I bought an IEM on the classifieds. I know it's strange to say considering I'm spending $1k+ on IEMs, but I refuse to spend ~$20 on 2 pairs of eartips. I only use foam tips as a last effort, but otherwise my preferred tips are SpinFit, Final E-type & Sony tips. I know I'm probably missing out by not tip rolling (the current FOTM eartips seem to be Acoustune), but it's gotta stop somewhere.
I respect what you are saying. I just suggested these since the stems protrude a bit and kinda make them unique for providing a good seal with IEMs with shorter nozzles. I think they became popular after people couldn't get a good seal with the Blon Bl03 for the same reason.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #3,592 of 88,625
I respect what you are saying. I just suggested these since the stems protrude a bit and kinda make them unique for providing a good seal with IEMs with shorter nozzles. I think they became popular after people couldn't get a good seal with the Blon Bl03 for the same reason.
Only us audiophiles would spend $20 on eartips for a $40 IEM. :wink: :grimacing: :head_bandage:

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #3,593 of 88,625
Only us audiophiles would spend $20 on eartips for a $40 IEM. :wink: :grimacing:
Lol, well you know how a good seal is essential for good SQ.
Maybe you and @Rockwell75 can strike a deal on the IE900 if are selling.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #3,594 of 88,625
I spent an enjoyable 3 hours driving home from my beach house to Raleigh in my Toyota pick up listening to Dorado 2020 with its Eletech cable, driven by my Hiby R3 Saber. Got home and my Kato had arrived. Kato and Timeless will need break in and cable rollin.
Have you seen Crin's face in his You Tube video when he unboxes Timeless and listens to it for the first time?

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #3,595 of 88,625
I spent an enjoyable 3 hours driving home from my beach house to Raleigh in my Toyota pick up listening to Dorado 2020 with its Eletech cable, driven by my Hiby R3 Saber. Got home and my Kato had arrived. Kato and Timeless will need break in and cable rollin.
Have you seen Crin's face in his You Tube video when he unboxes Timeless and listens to it for the first time?
Yes I saw the video. I can also imagine his face when he was listening to the Dorado 2020 , something like:confounded:.He hated it, so maybe it's not a good thing that he liked the 7hz.,lol.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #3,596 of 88,625
I can say The Rhapsodio Eden is my favorite. I agree that blanket statements are usually emotional attachments coming forth from the user and that backing it up with why one believes that would only benefit the community :) Eden is my favorite but I can't say its the best because I have not heard them all. I can only speak from the experience I have had with the three I have tried and with my music library. So many subjective factors involved. Any impression or review that implies "the best" I would definitely take with a grain of salt as well.

Nice. Rhapsodio is one of those unicorn brands for me-- their releases are few & far between and they're pretty much impossible to come by here in Canada. I'll keep my eye out for an Eden I'm always down to try a new single DD.

@Rockwell75 you’d Try 1677ss with M8, I bet you will like it ☺️

I'd love to try an Acoustune IEM...but like so much else they're pretty much impossible to come across out here.

I miss Ely. If EXT doesn't work out I may get my hands on another one.

I struggled with that too, but then I figured that if I'm going to spend ~$2k on an IEM then not being willing to spend another $20 to make it perfect is a bit silly.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #3,597 of 88,625
Yes I saw the video. I can also imagine his face when he was listening to the Dorado 2020 , something like:confounded:.He hated it, so maybe it's not a good thing that he liked the 7hz.,lol.

Our tastes are seemingly diametrically opposed...to the point that if he really doesn't like something my first thought is that I should look into it.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #3,598 of 88,625
Our tastes are seemingly diametrically opposed...to the point that if he really doesn't like something my first thought is that I should look into it.
It's the same with me.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #3,599 of 88,625
So , i had the Timeless also.. for me its just overhype. It sounds not bad at all , the bass is punchy , but the mids are overall to bright , its not really natural , just like everything has some brightness added on top. Its not harsh or peaky but it sounds somehow off to me. When you listen to iems like IE900 and swap to Timeless .. its just off.
I know its not the same "price class" , but same result for me after swapping from something like sonys xm4

Oct 31, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #3,600 of 88,625
I struggled with that too, but then I figured that if I'm going to spend ~$2k on an IEM then not being willing to spend another $20 to make it perfect is a bit silly.
For me, tip-rolling is part of the enjoyment of getting to know an IEM, and figuring out how I'll enjoy where it fits into my various listening use-cases.

Besides, there's such a variety of requirements for tips, I've been happy to invest in at least 10 or 12 different types so far;
-wide bore vs. narrow
-soft silicon vs. firm vs. foam
-shallow vs. deep insertion

The investment I've made in tips pales in comparison to all the other gear, so I just chalk it up to a small part of the overall experience. And, each little package coming from somewhere around the world is that one extra little thing to look forward to every day in the mailbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back