The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 20, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #35,611 of 89,862
Well, CJ has been and gone and it's got me reflecting a little bit. Although I wasn't there, I still had a bit of excitement running through me to hear about all the new stuff and followed it quite closely. I love being in here as there's great insight provided by those who are far more experienced than myself which I respect a lot, and value.

The reflecting part is thinking back to when the hype train was focused on EXT for a while then moved on. I remember when it had died down a little, top IEM polls were being done and Jeff had made a comment (in layman's terms) for EXT still being relevant vs other TOTL. I'm sitting here with Jewel absolutely loving life whilst Ragnar, Odessy and whatever else start shifting the spot light. Its hard not to get caught up in the hype that blows through but it's made me evaluate my own choice of IEM and I can truly say that I've got zero inclination to change it out for anything else. I enjoy reading others opinions on what they think of it, whether positive or negative, its helped me to get a better understanding of what other people like but also where my preference sits. That's another notch on the experience post for me in itself. Feeling grateful for where I'm at in this hobby and for being part of this group.

On the other hand, I'll absolutely be trying RS8 when it comes out, Class A and R2R are big ticks in the box for me, might end up with a portable version of my main rig. Never a dull moment, may the fun continue....

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #35,612 of 89,862
When my friend listened to the Traillii, the reduction in treble was desirable for his preferences.

But I've only tried the Spinfit a few times, but this tips rarely fit my IEMs and ears.
Usually, even those with a fairly wide sound guide still do not provide sufficient extension and quality of high frequencies. It's not my cup of tea. So I don't even try spinfit.

Once upon a time (even before the war) I wrote a whole long post in the Traili thread about tips rolling. Now he is already lost in the topic.

However, for myself, I came to the conclusion that stock is one of the best options for Traillii. The rest, which will be good, should be similar - with a wide and not long sound guide.
I absolutely agree with your Tip review and share it 100%.

But that's why I'm so positively surprised by the W1. I almost wouldn't have tried the W1, because of Spinfit, and I'm very happy to have done it.

My current preferred tip order with Trallii + Venom + n8ii (M-Gain, P+, Tube, AB):

W1 > EP/01 > Traillii OG > Symbio Peel > Azla Crystall > Azla Short Light

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #35,613 of 89,862
This is insane but iBasso hit it out of the ballpark with the DX170. I can confirm the DX170 is the best DAP at least for under 1000 USD. Absolutely masterclass.

1663689493913.png
I have the DX170 and I agree that it punches way above it's price point. I also love the Cayin N3Pro tube goodness for its warm, analogue sound.

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #35,614 of 89,862
I am back home and settled in after CanJAm and I wanted to say it was such a pleasure meeting those I met from this thread. Also it was amazing to me how much respect this thread has amongst vendors. My impressions will be published else where once they are I will back fill to this thread the IEM stuff. I was plenty impressed by a lot is all I'll say for now. I am glad I got to share my Aroma Thunder throughout the weekend, there is something very special about that set indeed.

Sep 20, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #35,615 of 89,862
I am back home and settled in after CanJAm and I wanted to say it was such a pleasure meeting those I met from this thread. Also it was amazing to me how much respect this thread has amongst vendors. My impressions will be published else where once they are I will back fill to this thread the IEM stuff. I was plenty impressed by a lot is all I'll say for now. I am glad I got to share my Aroma Thunder throughout the weekend, there is something very special about that set indeed.
I'm excited to hear what aroma thunder is all about. Pending shipment from another headfier in the classifieds at the moment.

Sep 20, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #35,616 of 89,862
I'm excited to hear what aroma thunder is all about. Pending shipment from another headfier in the classifieds at the moment.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #35,617 of 89,862
Sep 20, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #35,618 of 89,862
Viking Ragnar out for delivery 2 days before schedule 👀

Screenshot_20220920-112238_Shop.jpg

Sep 20, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #35,619 of 89,862
Sep 20, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #35,620 of 89,862
Man I have to wait for years to try out something of this caliber again... Just ordered some Spinfit CP100+ in M and the W1 as well. At least I can do some tip rolling.

I hope for detailed reviews from you guys! :)

Sep 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #35,621 of 89,862
Ripped this off Eletech's IG-- here I am apparently shocked and awed by all the cable excellence and elegance in front of me. Next to me is @theveterans :D

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 6.25.03 AM.png
Love this shot. One has a look of shock and excitement, the other has a look of “What’s up with THIS guy!?!” Fantastic!

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #35,623 of 89,862
The guy sit next to @Rockwell75 in arc'teryx shell reminds me lots of Asian customers who bought those expensive gears designed for alpine climbing during winter and only wear them in the urban setting.

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #35,625 of 89,862
Mmmmmm ragnar, found a Canadian site, 5200 big ones, wow. Encore was on sale Black Friday when it launched, 1500$ usd, as its flagship!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back