The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 20, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #35,596 of 91,349
Ripped this off Eletech's IG-- here I am apparently shocked and awed by all the cable excellence and elegance in front of me. Next to me is @theveterans :D

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 6.25.03 AM.png

Sep 20, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #35,597 of 91,349
Ripped this off Eletech's IG-- here I am apparently shocked and awed by all the cable excellence and elegance in front of me. Next to me is @theveterans :D

Flabbergasted with the whole experience as well 😃

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #35,598 of 91,349
Oh a Turii Ti owner! - I'd love to hear your thoughts overall on the tuning... my experience with Twilight has made me even more curious about them.

It wasn't meant for me but since I also own the Turii Ti, I can express my opinion. Keep mind I'm far from being good at describing sound.

I think the Turii Ti is very resolving for a DD with a mostly neutral/flat tuning but with great musicality. The bass to my ears is slightly elevated with nice texture. There's no boom like typical V-Shape but has a impactful bass (the Acostune Sho probably has a little more impact with ACT02 chamber). What I really like is that it goes very low and is capable to maintain the notes.

The midrange is natural and realistic. Once again a neutral tuning with great separation. Vocals sound really nice. I don't know if it's the correct term but vocals are front of you, not upfront.

The treble is tip dependent but always refined with good extension and sense of air.

Due to the open design, the soundstage is fairly open for a IEM. Staging is precise with a good sense of instrument separation.

I have some fit issues with my left ear but once I get a good seal the Turii Ti reveals is full potential. The shells are a little bit heavier. Anyway, being a single DD, I would say the most impressive feature is the coherence through the all frequency spectrum. Also has good technicalities. I really enjoy the Turii Ti for vocals and surprisingly for prog rock and metal genres.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #35,599 of 91,349
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #35,601 of 91,349
It wasn't meant for me but since I also own the Turii Ti, I can express my opinion. Keep mind I'm far from being good at describing sound.

I think the Turii Ti is very resolving for a DD with a mostly neutral/flat tuning but with great musicality. The bass to my ears is slightly elevated with nice texture. There's no boom like typical V-Shape but has a impactful bass (the Acostune Sho probably has a little more impact with ACT02 chamber). What I really like is that it goes very low and is capable to maintain the notes.

The midrange is natural and realistic. Once again a neutral tuning with great separation. Vocals sound really nice. I don't know if it's the correct term but vocals are front of you, not upfront.

The treble is tip dependent but always refined with good extension and sense of air.

Due to the open design, the soundstage is fairly open for a IEM. Staging is precise with a good sense of instrument separation.

I have some fit issues with my left ear but once I get a good seal the Turii Ti reveals is full potential. The shells are a little bit heavier. Anyway, being a single DD, I would say the most impressive feature is the coherence through the all frequency spectrum. Also has good technicalities. I really enjoy the Turii Ti for vocals and surprisingly for prog rock and metal genres.

That's great, thank you. I saw a graph a while ago which from what I recall suggested very light on bass and elevated treble - I can't seem to find it now but it raised concerns for me... your description certainly suggests that's not the case - I get the feeling it's likely similar to Twilight but with enhanced technicalities.

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #35,602 of 91,349
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #35,603 of 91,349
That's great, thank you. I saw a graph a while ago which from what I recall suggested very light on bass and elevated treble - I can't seem to find it now but it raised concerns for me... your description certainly suggests that's not the case - I get the feeling it's likely similar to Twilight but with enhanced technicalities.
Checking my notes from my demo it had quite a lot of bass while the spicy top end was cured after a cable swap.

drftr

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #35,605 of 91,349

Eric: "OK, hands up who was dancing around their room in a pink dress covered in unicorns and sparkles at 3 in the morning?"

Jeff: "It was me, I'm only in it for the sparkles though..."

Wenge "Jeff man, that was meant to be a secret dude, put your hands down"

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #35,606 of 91,349
Eric: "OK, hands up who was dancing around their room in a pink dress covered in unicorns and sparkles at 3 in the morning?"

Jeff: "It was me, I'm only in it for the sparkles though..."

Wenge "Jeff man, that was meant to be a secret dude, put your hands down"
Wait, are you suggesting that Jeff wasn't just bringing an ode to Laura? Hmm... The plot thickens...

drftr

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #35,607 of 91,349
This is insane but iBasso hit it out of the ballpark with the DX170. I can confirm the DX170 is the best DAP at least for under 1000 USD. Absolutely masterclass.

1663689493913.png

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #35,608 of 91,349
My TG334 has a new sister😍

597E6B2F-12D8-4B9D-92F0-8D8383D2C11C.jpeg

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #35,610 of 91,349

Users who are viewing this thread

Back