The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 17, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #3,271 of 88,534
I wish had been online last night🤣.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand the laughter...I thought he made valid and interesting point.

Oct 17, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #3,272 of 88,534
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand the laughter...I thought he made valid and interesting point.

It was a great point, one that I tried to make last night on the EE Thread, I truly wish I'd read his post first, hence the laughter.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #3,273 of 88,534
Think of all of the very high priced electrical conditioners in the two-channel world (a “power strip” costing more than the Tralli). I know when I had the Soundlab A1s in Northern Jersey they were quite sensitive to noise from the power grid.

I lusted after some Balanced Power conditioners and had Bybee filters all over the place.. I changed outlets and power cables and kinda went down that rabbit hole pretty bad.. My friend's approach was the next level though.. completely off grid..

Oct 17, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #3,274 of 88,534
It was a great point, one that I tried to make last night on the EE Thread, I truly wish I'd read his post first, hence the laughter.

Oh ok thanks for clarifying I didn't connect your reaction to the EE thread and I thought you were mocking him, which seemed out of place and totally out of character for you, which is why I asked (and I'm glad I did).

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #3,275 of 88,534
Oh ok thanks for clarifying I didn't connect your reaction to the (lately a bit of a sh1t show) EE thread and I thought you were mocking him, which seemed out of place and totally out of character for you, which is why I asked (and I'm glad I did).

I'm glad you did as well, I'm going to have to revisit my communication style and content, I seem to have developed a knack for upsetting people unintentionally!

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #3,276 of 88,534
No better way to cap off a Saturday night with some delicious analogue warm bassy goodness:

Sounds divine through my Dorado 2020.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #3,277 of 88,534
No better way to cap off a Saturday night with some delicious analogue warm bassy goodness:

Sounds divine through my Dorado 2020.

Ahh, the only Disclosure record I’ve enjoyed enough to put in my library. :D I wish they did more of these retro-sample-inspired projects. It’s fine, though. We have Mac Ayres, Saint Pepsi and the rest of the gang for that. :wink:

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #3,278 of 88,534
Listening to Rattle’s take on Mahler’s second, a gorgeous recording, with incredible dynamics. I believe it's DR scores were 20+, via the N3Pro (wonderful recommendation @Rockwell75 ), huge soundstage, quite awesome on the EXTs!

Oct 17, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #3,279 of 88,534
Not to be a 'bud-pusher' again...

Ha, bud-pushing...

Price doesn't always correlate well with enjoyment. Thats another great thing about the hobby - finding your feet and then finding your niche(s).

I want to hear the EXT but I can't justify the blind buy, not when I'm already enjoying myself so much.

Oct 17, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #3,280 of 88,534
Ha, bud-pushing...

Price doesn't always correlate well with enjoyment. Thats another great thing about the hobby - finding your feet and then finding your niche(s).

I want to hear the EXT but I can't justify the blind buy, not when I'm already enjoying myself so much.

Yes absolutely agreed on finding your feet and niche. The IE900 was definitely my most educational discovery in the last year, it really helped me understand what I enjoy.

I'm not doing another TOTL blind buy, I still look nervously at Traillii and think What did I do at times! I love it but crazy money. My DAP upgrade box now ticked also, time to just focus on what I have... certainly for the remainder of 2021 anyway! Well maybe a cheeky bud here and there... 😁

Oct 17, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #3,281 of 88,534
Yes absolutely agreed on finding your feet and niche. The IE900 was definitely my most educational discovery in the last year, it really helped me understand what I enjoy.

I'm not doing another TOTL blind buy, I still look nervously at Traillii and think What did I do at times! I love it but crazy money. My DAP upgrade box now ticked also, time to just focus on what I have... certainly for the remainder of 2021 anyway! Well maybe a cheeky bud here and there... 😁

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the N6iiTi. I'm looking at the M9 but probably won't be on the shopping list until next year!

Oct 17, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #3,282 of 88,534
Some guy in Japan put up his own power pole to maximize the integrity of the current powering his loudspeakers:

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/japanese-audiophiles-personal-utility-pole/

“Electricity is like blood. If it is tainted, the whole body will get sick,” he explains.... “No matter how expensive the audio equipment is, it will be no good if the blood is bad.”

Kind of makes a kilobuck cable upgrade for an IEM seem inconsequential.
I guess it’s similar to running a dedicated power line to your room, which is quite common in the 2 channel world.

It’s all about clean power in the 2channel world. I used to run a torus power regenerator on mine

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #3,283 of 88,534
Speaking of cost-to-peformance like earbuds, I really like these two AONIC3 & 4 from Shure. There is simplicity in them which attracts, beautiful tone. The AONIC4 for more bass, and extra warmth. And AONIC3 for that pure mids. These, and the Prelude are my current go-to for portable enjoyment :) While the RS10 for that extra resolution and more analytical listening purpose. Probably enough IEMs for now, lest the EXT demo lures me in, again as VE's creations have so often do.. Now to focus on some music

taken-1634483595913.jpg

(AONIC4)
taken-1634483695191.jpg

(AONIC3)

image2-5.jpg

(Latest 2021 revision Prelude)

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #3,284 of 88,534
Speaking of cost-to-peformance like earbuds, I really like these two AONIC3 & 4 from Shure. There is simplicity in them which attracts, beautiful tone. The AONIC4 for more bass, and extra warmth. And AONIC3 for that pure mids. These, and the Prelude are my current go-to for portable enjoyment :) While the RS10 for that extra resolution and more analytical listening purpose. Probably enough IEMs for now, lest the EXT demo lures me in, again as VE's creations have so often do.. Now to focus on some music

taken-1634483595913.jpg

(AONIC4)
taken-1634483695191.jpg

(AONIC3)

image2-5.jpg

(Latest 2021 revision Prelude)

You really need to go in and give the EXT a listen, I believe they are your cup of tea. Rocking the Braves win over the Dodgers, and Cream’s Goodbye Your. If you want to hear some serious bass playing, strap this on.

Oct 18, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #3,285 of 88,534
588EC9BB-EDF4-48E7-B866-06191C5D7B3A.jpeg
hello there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back