The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 13, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #2,896 of 88,522
The Oriolus Isabellae that I ordered from Musicteck for their Labor Day sale just arrived today. I had just finished a 2 hour walk while listening to my Custom Empire Ears Legend X, so my first impressions may be heavily influenced by that experience. I unboxed it and put the into my ears. OMG. This is not a match for my taste at all. It is very bass light and bright. Certainly more midbass focused. Very little sub bass at all. The sound is very compressed. Modest sound stage I hope this is just a burn in issue or heavily influenced by what I was just listening to. The timbre is very reminiscent of my UM 3DT. I'll have to clear my audio palette and try again later and do some A/B testing with them. Listening to some Jazz and it does not sound natural at all. There is no drive in the bass line. Something is wrong. I need to try this again later.

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #2,897 of 88,522
The Oriolus Isabellae that I ordered from Musicteck for their Labor Day sale just arrived today. I had just finished a 2 hour walk while listening to my Custom Empire Ears Legend X, so my first impressions may be heavily influenced by that experience. I unboxed it and put the into my ears. OMG. This is not a match for my taste at all. It is very bass light and bright. Certainly more midbass focused. Very little sub bass at all. The sound is very compressed. Modest sound stage I hope this is just a burn in issue or heavily influenced by what I was just listening to. The timbre is very reminiscent of my UM 3DT. I'll have to clear my audio palette and try again later and do some A/B testing with them. Listening to some Jazz and it does not sound natural at all. There is no drive in the bass line. Something is wrong. I need to try this again later.
What tips are you using?

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #2,898 of 88,522
Sep 13, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #2,899 of 88,522
Azla SednaEarfit. Is there a preferred tip for the Isa?
Best bass response I have encountered is with the large
Stock tips.
Need the widest bore you can find. The Oriolus stock tips are the widest I own but I’ve heard others having great luck with the new Azla crystals due to there wide bore.

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #2,900 of 88,522
Maybe Spiraldot++

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #2,901 of 88,522
Maybe Spiraldot++
Spiraldots ++ sounds great with Isa, for my tastes, Bass is enogh.

1631563937443.png

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #2,902 of 88,522
Best bass response I have encountered is with the large
Stock tips.
Need the widest bore you can find. The Oriolus stock tips are the widest I own but I’ve heard others having great luck with the new Azla crystals due to there wide bore.
Okay. I did a lot of readjusting of the tips and I am finally getting a decent bass response. These are pretty small IEMs so it's hard to get a great seal for me with my huge ears. I had a similar problem with the BLON 03. Now, it sounds like a nice DD IEM.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #2,903 of 88,522
Epro 00 tips might work too. Very wide and bassy, though maybe a bit muffled.

Azla black tips (not light) work well for me to bring a bit more warmth to my UM 3DT's. You might try them with the Isa.

I found the Azla black tips to be better than the Crystals on the 3DTs. Not a huge difference, but they seemed warmer to me.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #2,904 of 88,522
Epro 00 tips might work too. Very wide and bassy, though maybe a bit muffled.

Azla black tips (not light) work well for me to bring a bit more warmth to my UM 3DT's. You might try them with the Isa.

I found the Azla black tips to be better than the Crystals on the 3DTs. Not a huge difference, but they seemed warmer to me.
That's what I am using. The Azla black tips. I am still having trouble maintaining a good seal. First time ever with the Azla SednaEarfit tips. I might have to switch to the Xelastec, but those tend to thin out the sound. The Crystals might work the best, but the Isa must have the widest bore I have ever seen and the Crystals are a very small bore tip.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,905 of 88,522
That's what I am using. The Azla black tips. I am still having trouble maintaining a good seal. First time ever with the Azla SednaEarfit tips. I might have to switch to the Xelastec, but those tend to thin out the sound. The Crystals might work the best, but the Isa must have the widest bore I have ever seen and the Crystals are a very small bore tip.

I've been using ePro 01 with excellent results - very wide bore. Crystal arrived today and I managed to get them on Isa with a bit of manoeuvring... not yet listened really to comment on sound.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,906 of 88,522
Okay. I switched to Xelastec and it is making a big difference. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with me. I can see the appeal of these IEMs. They sound like an upgraded UM 3DT. The timbre is consistent from low to high. More mid bass focused rather than sub bass. A little bright for my taste. I am sure I'll get used to it, but it might be a bit fatiguing over a couple hours. Stage is still somewhat intimate.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2,907 of 88,522
I've been using ePro 01 with excellent results - very wide bore. Crystal arrived today and I managed to get them on Isa with a bit of manoeuvring... not yet listened really to comment on sound.
Shocked you can get the Crystals on that wide bore.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2,908 of 88,522
Okay. I switched to Xelastec and it is making a big difference. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with me. I can see the appeal of these IEMs. They sound like an upgraded UM 3DT. The timbre is consistent from low to high. More mid bass focused rather than sub bass. A little bright for my taste. I am sure I'll get used to it, but it might be a bit fatiguing over a couple hours. Stage is still somewhat intimate.
I have not tried with Xelastec (hate the stickiness so do not use them with any IEM) but have done so with the SednaEarFit. Great bass but a little strident. I personally really enjoy the Acoustune AET07. Very good bass response while being a smooth listen....and very comfy.

I believe the Isa also responds very well to cable rolling. A decent copper cable or anything that is known for having a slightly fuller, warmer presentation would work best.

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #2,909 of 88,522
Azla SednaEarfit. Is there a preferred tip for the Isa?
Why not use the stock tips first?

BTW, are you using the Azla shorts or standards? The shorts might offer less treble.

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #2,910 of 88,522
picked up a L&P W2 since there were good reviews and I started commuting back and forth to work.

volume is set to 50 so loudness isn't a problem. but bass is flabby/muddy, highs are a bit shouty. Overall presentation is incoherent...just very messy
I'm thinking it's an impedance thing and perci can only be powered through a desktop system....

disappointed overall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back