The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 10, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #272 of 88,259
May 10, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #273 of 88,259
I have thought about a fun idea for a new thread.
A song is chosen by whatever principle. Then head-fiers with multiple IEMs will listen to it and rank and maybe add a bit of comment about what they hear. could be fun.:jecklinsmile:

May 10, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #274 of 88,259
I have thought about a fun idea for a new thread.
A song is chosen by whatever principle. Then head-fiers with multiple IEMs will listen to it and rank and maybe add a bit of comment about what they hear. could be fun.:jecklinsmile:

That would be great-- it would be interesting to see what IEMs people feel do best with different music.
In other news my Elysium is presently on its way back to me and I'm super excited...will be interesting to see how I respond to it after a week straight of Andromeda.

May 10, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #275 of 88,259
That would be great-- it would be interesting to see what IEMs people feel do best with different music.
In other news my Elysium is presently on its way back to me and I'm super excited...will be interesting to see how I respond to it after a week straight of Andromeda.
Yes that would be interesting to hear.
I loving them more and more. The fit is less bothersome now and the sound is more 3D I feel.
It could be also that I've been able to let go of the critical mind and actually listen with a more clear mind and enjoy more.

May 10, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #276 of 88,259
For anyone who hasn't seen it the following podcast where John Darko interviews Ken Ball discussing these IEMs is very fascinating and worth a watch. I watched it most recently after having had the Dorado for about a month and I have to say everything you could want to know about CFA's overall philosophy (and these IEMs in particular) as well as a lot of other great discussion is found within. CFA is known for charting their own course and not always following industry norms in their tuning, aesthetic and business practices. I've never met Ball and only really know him through snippets of interviews and forum posts and I've often wondered if there was, as it were, a method to CFA's madness. After this interview and taking the broad view of all my experiences with their products I'm coming to regard the man as a bit of a sage, and a wizard.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #277 of 88,259
For anyone who hasn't seen it the following podcast where John Darko interviews Ken Ball discussing these IEMs is very fascinating and worth a watch. I watched it most recently after having had the Dorado for about a month and I have to say everything you could want to know about CFA's overall philosophy (and these IEMs in particular) as well as a lot of other great discussion is found within. CFA is known for charting their own course and not always following industry norms in their tuning, aesthetic and business practices. I've never met Ball and only really know him through snippets of interviews and forum posts and I've often wondered if there was, as it were, a method to CFA's madness. After this interview and taking the broad view of all my experiences with their products I'm coming to regard the man as a bit of a sage, and a wizard.

Darko's podcast with Allesandro Cortini on the Solaris, Andromeda 2020 versions, and the Ara is an excellent listen as well.

They did one on the Rosson Rad 0 with John Tejada and always interesting to hear from a production point of view.

May 11, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #278 of 88,259
Darko's podcast with Allesandro Cortini on the Solaris, Andromeda 2020 versions, and the Ara is an excellent listen as well.

They did one on the Rosson Rad 0 with John Tejada and always interesting to hear from a production point of view.

Nice I'll have to check that out.

May 11, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #279 of 88,259
May 11, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #281 of 88,259
Ohhh man, the Elysium is truly something else. It's surprising me more and more. Can't believe how much I'm loving the bass too.

Yeah the bass is superb and is as good as any BA bass I've heard. Do you have the M8 yet?

May 11, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #283 of 88,259
Tomorrow or the day after hopefully. Can't wait.
Takes a bit longer to get to Italy. I ordered Monday and delivery of my M8 is tomorrow.

May 11, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #284 of 88,259
Takes a bit longer to get to Italy. I ordered Monday and delivery of my M8 is tomorrow.
Well I ordered the Elysium from Musicteck and it was here in 3 days with DHL Express, M8 order is the same, so that's how I'm guessing.

May 11, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #285 of 88,259
Well I ordered the Elysium from Musicteck and it was here in 3 days with DHL Express, M8 order is the same, so that's how I'm guessing.

DHL world wide shipping is beast-- I've sent/received all over Europe, North America and Japan via DHL international express and it's always in the receiver's hands max 3 days after being dropped off. I bought a cable off a guy in Austin Texas a few months ago right in the middle of that flood disaster when the whole city was shut down and, again, it was in my hands after two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back