The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 18, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #25,066 of 88,437
The Satin Audio Perseus is coming up my way to pair with the Jewel. Thanks @TomKorn for the good deal on it.

2045A046-7FDE-4F8C-A5C7-6D65505F409A.jpeg
Been mostly away from HF for a while but my, this cable looks gorgeous...

May 18, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #25,067 of 88,437
Been mostly away from HF for a while but my, this cable looks gorgeous...
Hope that you feel yourself à l’aise in your new home David. The Perseus looks great indeed. Satin Audio is a brand I have been trusting since many years. Price/performance ratio is over-the-top

May 18, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #25,068 of 88,437
The Satin Audio Perseus is coming up my way to pair with the Jewel. Thanks @TomKorn for the good deal on it.

2045A046-7FDE-4F8C-A5C7-6D65505F409A.jpeg
Congrats my friend it’s amazing, I’ll wait your impressions with Jewel!

May 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #25,069 of 88,437
@F700 I’m sure you red it…

Thank @Joshyy73 for your impressions I took here.
https://audioessence.ch/en/blogs/news/josh-der-kabel-guru-satin-audio-perseus-preview

Price / performance ratio​

The Perseus is available for CHF 739 at the time of this writing. This is great value for money compared to other cables on the market considering the high quality sound it offers for certain IEMs. In my opinion, the Satin Audio Perseus is great value for money for anyone looking to upgrade slightly V-shaped IEMs.

Cable sound impressions & IEM pairings​

What kind of music does the Perseus go with?

At the beginning of this section we want to discuss what kind of music the Perseus would go well with. The Perseus is a copper cable that brings energy into an IEM. The Perseus is a copper cable that energizes an IEM by adding subbass and bass structure. Therefore, this cable is suitable for those who listen to music with average to above average bass presence and a focus on instruments. For example, Pop, EDM, RnB, Classical and Rock are the perfect genres to combine with the Perseus. If you're listening to lighter music with an emphasis on vocals or softer instruments (e.g. jazz) this is also a very good cable for this type of music, although you may find the bass presence a bit overwhelming.

Empire Ears ODIN

Overall sound signature of the Odin with the Satin Audio Perseus cable
The standard cable of the ODIN is the Stormbreaker, which in my opinion is a 2-wire cable from PWAudio from the 1960s. This is a pure copper cable. The Perseus cable amplifies the sub-bass, maintains the bass structure and brings the mids slightly forward. There is no significant change in treble or soundstage. I found the Perseus on the ODIN very pleasant and it definitely gave the subbass and mids the additional "kick" that I prefer in my music.

Comparison with the Odin with the Stormbreaker cable

With the Stormbreaker, the ODIN can maintain its balanced yet detailed sound signature. In addition, it offers fantastic bass structure and deep bass depth when needed. Compared to the Stormbreaker of the ODIN, the Perseus gives the music I hear even more energy and fits perfectly with my sound preferences. Compared to the Stormbreaker, the Perseus adds more sub-bass while keeping the overall bass structure the same. The mids are just as detailed and smooth, but further forward. There is no significant change in the heights. Is the Perseus or the Stormbreaker better for the ODIN? It's a matter of personal preference. If you prefer a more balanced sound, the Stormbreaker is more suitable. However, if you want an "additional" subbass and a kick in the middle frequency range without neglecting the other qualities of the ODIN, then the Perseus is more suitable.

Subbass & Bass

The sub bass increases so the ODIN has a little more depth. The bass is more or less the same and the Perseus was able to keep the same bass structure as the Stormbreaker. Overall there is still strong bass punch and roar, but it was evident that the subbass was deeper compared to the Stormbreaker. The Perseus is not going to turn the ODIN into a bass cannon, and that is not the goal either, as the ODIN was not built for that. Instead, the Perseus adds the perfect amount of extra sub-bass for my preferences and was a welcome effect of the cable.

Mids

The mids get further down compared to the Stormbreaker shifted up front what suits people who prefer to put their instruments and voices in the foreground.The mids are still very detailed and clear, and overall the sound is more engaging. I really liked the effect of Perseus on the mids with the ODIN.

Treble

There are no significant changes in the highs, they tend to be on the slightly sparkling side. This is perfect for my taste, because I like the sparkling nature of the ODIN and thus the energy that the Perseus brings into the overall sound. For those who found the ODIN highs on the Stormbreaker tough, the same "problems" might still exist. I didn't notice any sibilants either.

Sound stage

The sound stage is just as wide and high as the Stormbreaker. In my experience, this fits perfectly with the additional sub-bass and mid-range of the Perseus.

BONUS - Music title: For "Hans Zimmer - Why So Serious?" and "Joel Adams - Please Don't Go" you can feel more subbass and just as much bass structure compared to the ODIN. On "Please Don't Go" the drum's initial bass drop has great depth and texture. It is similar with "Why So Serious", where the bass reverberates very strongly in the middle of the song. The sub-bass depth is exquisite and pleasant on both tracks. In "Andrea Moti - I Didn't Tell Them", a jazz piece, the lightness of the trumpet and the female vocals are somewhat reduced by the presence of the sub-bass. In this case I would prefer the ODIN, but only very slightly. The mids are further forward, which becomes clear in "Please Don't Go", where the piano and the male vocals are placed further forward. The mids of "ONE OK ROCK - Listen" sound fantastic and are very detailed, especially on the electric guitar in the first verse. You can hear that the vocals and instruments are well placed. The guitar texturing of "Illenium - Good Things Fall Apart" is super detailed and fun to listen to from the first few seconds. The vocals in pop, rock and EDM tracks sound fantastic and without sibilants. In all of the tracks I've listened to, the highs were particularly present and bright, but not too harsh or overdone. The soundstage was wide.

Empire Ears Valkyrie MK II

Overall sound of the Valkyrie MK II with the Satin Audio Perseus cable
With the Perseus can the Valkyrie MK II retained its V-shaped sound signature. The biggest effect, however, is the improvement in the details and the quality of the mids. The Perseus pushes the sub-bass a little deeper without affecting the bass structure. The highs are still as sparkling as they were before with the standard cable. I really enjoyed the effect the Perseus had on the Valkyrie MK II.

Comparison with the Valkyrie MK II with the Audio Alpha IV hybrid cable

The standard cable of the Valkyrie MK II is the Effect Audio Alpha IV Hybrid, a copper and silver cable. The Perseus cable increases the sub-bass, maintains the bass structure, adds more detail to the mid-range and increases the width of the soundstage. The highs remain the same compared to the Alpha IV hybrid cable and give off a livelier sound.

Deep bass & bass

The deep bass increases and gives the Valkyrie MK II even more depth. The bass remained more or less the same and the Perseus was able to keep the same bass structure. The Perseus transforms the Valkyrie into a larger bass cannon perfect for those looking to push these IEMs even further.

Mids

The mids are compared to the Alpha IV Hybrid moved a little further forward, which is a nice upgrade. They are even more detailed and can be heard more clearly at the lower end of the midrange, where most of the instrumentals are located.

heights

There are no significant changes in the heights and they are more on the sparkling side. This corresponds to my preferences and the overall signature of the Valkyrie MK IIs. I couldn't detect any sibilants.
Sound stage: The sound stage is wider and has the same height. This was also a welcome change from the Alpha IV hybrid cable.

Empire Ears Legend EVO

Satin Audio Perseus

Overall sound of the Legend EVO with the satin Audio Perseus Cable
The Perseus cable did not have a significant impact on the overall sound of the Legend EVO. Just like the Genesis cable, the deep bass is still very deep and the bass structure is excellent. The mids are still slightly forward and the highs are a little relaxed. The Perseus is a great alternative to the Genesis cable.

Compared to the Legend EVO with the Genesis cable

The standard cable of the EVO is the PWAudio Genesis cable , a pure copper cable. As mentioned earlier, the Legend EVO has not made any significant changes to any of the sound frequencies, so the Legend EVO retains its original sound signature. The fact that not much is changing should be viewed from two different angles: first, it may not force you to upgrade the Genesis cable, and second, it shows that the Perseus has excellent sound quality to compete with the Genesis that is a tailor-made cable for the Legend EVO.

Subbass & Bass

There are no significant changes to the subbass and bass. The sub-bass is still very deep and part of the overall sound. The bass structure is of a very high quality.

Mids

The mids are still directed forward and carry the high degree of details about instruments and voices.

Treble

The heights haven't changed much and still seem relaxed. I didn't notice any sibilants.
Soundstage: There is no significant change in the soundstage. In this respect, the soundstage is still wide and high as with the Genesis.

Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro

Overall sound of the Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro with the Satin Audio Perseus cable
The Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro (Nanna 2.0) sounds slightly V-shaped with the Perseus cable. The deep bass is deep and the bass structure is fantastic. The mids are forward facing and come with great details. The highs are still relaxed but border the sparkling area. The soundstage is about average.

Comparison with the Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro standard cable

The Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro comes with a silver-plated copper cable. The sound of the Kinera Nanna 2.0 is a mild V-shape with front mids and relaxed highs. The Perseus retains the general sound signature of the Nanna 2.0 and slightly increases the deep bass depth and soundstage. There is more detail and clarity in relation to the mid-range.
Deep Bass & Bass: The deep bass is a little deeper and the bass is the same as with the standard cable. The bass structure is still of high quality.

Mids

The mids are directed forward and the Perseus adds more detail and clarity.

Treble

The heights haven't changed much and still seem relaxed. For some titles, however, they leaned towards the sparkling side. I didn't notice any sibilants.

Sound stage

With the Perseus, the sound stage felt a little wider, but it was the same height as with the standard cable.

Cable improvement points​

Flexibility

From a physical point of view, the cable is quite stiff and not very flexible.This means that it does not bend or shape well when in use. In fact, the cable remains partially coiled during use. It appears that the cable has only one "state" and it maintains that state. This is due to the fact that, unlike other cables, the cable has an extra shielding that covers the conductors.

Perhaps this could be improved by changing the braiding or the structure of the sheath to make it more pliable. In addition, the cable does not always sit on the ears when in use, but this can be easily remedied by using the cable ring correctly. However, this could also be seen as positive. Because the cable is more or less in a "state" and remains in one place, there is hardly any cable noise. In addition, the cable is not so easy to wrap and needs a zip tie to hold it in place.

Cable ring

The cable ring is on the thin side and while it does its job, it could be thicker or heavier to help hold the cable better. This is especially important because the cable is not very flexible and does not wrap gently around your ears when using IEMS, which is why the cable ring is an important part of a good fit. In addition, a thicker cable ring would visually enhance the overall appearance of the cable.

Connector

The connectors at the end of the cable that connect it to the IEMs look more generic and are the same as those used on all Satin Audio cables. This could be enhanced with different colors (e.g. rose gold) or finishes (shiny metal) to better match the overall theme of the cable. However, the quality of the connectors is very good.

Conclusion​

Satin Audio Perseus

All in all, the Satin Audio Perseus cable is a fantastic cable and represents a new standard for the sound quality of cables in the price range below 1000 CHF / USD.

It made a great impression on my IEMs and certain frequencies, especially in the sub-bass and midrange, positively changed / improved.

Satin Audio really made a remarkable cable. If its lack of flexibility can be overcome, this is a cable for anyone's IEM collection not to be missed!

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #25,070 of 88,437
@F700 I’m sure you red it…

Price / performance ratio​

The Perseus is available for CHF 739 at the time of this writing. This is great value for money compared to other cables on the market considering the high quality sound it offers for certain IEMs. In my opinion, the Satin Audio Perseus is great value for money for anyone looking to upgrade slightly V-shaped IEMs.

Cable sound impressions & IEM pairings​

What kind of music does the Perseus go with?

At the beginning of this section we want to discuss what kind of music the Perseus would go well with. The Perseus is a copper cable that brings energy into an IEM. The Perseus is a copper cable that energizes an IEM by adding subbass and bass structure. Therefore, this cable is suitable for those who listen to music with average to above average bass presence and a focus on instruments. For example, Pop, EDM, RnB, Classical and Rock are the perfect genres to combine with the Perseus. If you're listening to lighter music with an emphasis on vocals or softer instruments (e.g. jazz) this is also a very good cable for this type of music, although you may find the bass presence a bit overwhelming.

Empire Ears ODIN

Overall sound signature of the Odin with the Satin Audio Perseus cable
The standard cable of the ODIN is the Stormbreaker, which in my opinion is a 2-wire cable from PWAudio from the 1960s. This is a pure copper cable. The Perseus cable amplifies the sub-bass, maintains the bass structure and brings the mids slightly forward. There is no significant change in treble or soundstage. I found the Perseus on the ODIN very pleasant and it definitely gave the subbass and mids the additional "kick" that I prefer in my music.

Comparison with the Odin with the Stormbreaker cable

With the Stormbreaker, the ODIN can maintain its balanced yet detailed sound signature. In addition, it offers fantastic bass structure and deep bass depth when needed. Compared to the Stormbreaker of the ODIN, the Perseus gives the music I hear even more energy and fits perfectly with my sound preferences. Compared to the Stormbreaker, the Perseus adds more sub-bass while keeping the overall bass structure the same. The mids are just as detailed and smooth, but further forward. There is no significant change in the heights. Is the Perseus or the Stormbreaker better for the ODIN? It's a matter of personal preference. If you prefer a more balanced sound, the Stormbreaker is more suitable. However, if you want an "additional" subbass and a kick in the middle frequency range without neglecting the other qualities of the ODIN, then the Perseus is more suitable.

Subbass & Bass

The sub bass increases so the ODIN has a little more depth. The bass is more or less the same and the Perseus was able to keep the same bass structure as the Stormbreaker. Overall there is still strong bass punch and roar, but it was evident that the subbass was deeper compared to the Stormbreaker. The Perseus is not going to turn the ODIN into a bass cannon, and that is not the goal either, as the ODIN was not built for that. Instead, the Perseus adds the perfect amount of extra sub-bass for my preferences and was a welcome effect of the cable.

Mids

The mids get further down compared to the Stormbreaker shifted up front what suits people who prefer to put their instruments and voices in the foreground.The mids are still very detailed and clear, and overall the sound is more engaging. I really liked the effect of Perseus on the mids with the ODIN.

Treble

There are no significant changes in the highs, they tend to be on the slightly sparkling side. This is perfect for my taste, because I like the sparkling nature of the ODIN and thus the energy that the Perseus brings into the overall sound. For those who found the ODIN highs on the Stormbreaker tough, the same "problems" might still exist. I didn't notice any sibilants either.

Sound stage

The sound stage is just as wide and high as the Stormbreaker. In my experience, this fits perfectly with the additional sub-bass and mid-range of the Perseus.

BONUS - Music title: For "Hans Zimmer - Why So Serious?" and "Joel Adams - Please Don't Go" you can feel more subbass and just as much bass structure compared to the ODIN. On "Please Don't Go" the drum's initial bass drop has great depth and texture. It is similar with "Why So Serious", where the bass reverberates very strongly in the middle of the song. The sub-bass depth is exquisite and pleasant on both tracks. In "Andrea Moti - I Didn't Tell Them", a jazz piece, the lightness of the trumpet and the female vocals are somewhat reduced by the presence of the sub-bass. In this case I would prefer the ODIN, but only very slightly. The mids are further forward, which becomes clear in "Please Don't Go", where the piano and the male vocals are placed further forward. The mids of "ONE OK ROCK - Listen" sound fantastic and are very detailed, especially on the electric guitar in the first verse. You can hear that the vocals and instruments are well placed. The guitar texturing of "Illenium - Good Things Fall Apart" is super detailed and fun to listen to from the first few seconds. The vocals in pop, rock and EDM tracks sound fantastic and without sibilants. In all of the tracks I've listened to, the highs were particularly present and bright, but not too harsh or overdone. The soundstage was wide.

Empire Ears Valkyrie MK II

Overall sound of the Valkyrie MK II with the Satin Audio Perseus cable
With the Perseus can the Valkyrie MK II retained its V-shaped sound signature. The biggest effect, however, is the improvement in the details and the quality of the mids. The Perseus pushes the sub-bass a little deeper without affecting the bass structure. The highs are still as sparkling as they were before with the standard cable. I really enjoyed the effect the Perseus had on the Valkyrie MK II.

Comparison with the Valkyrie MK II with the Audio Alpha IV hybrid cable

The standard cable of the Valkyrie MK II is the Effect Audio Alpha IV Hybrid, a copper and silver cable. The Perseus cable increases the sub-bass, maintains the bass structure, adds more detail to the mid-range and increases the width of the soundstage. The highs remain the same compared to the Alpha IV hybrid cable and give off a livelier sound.

Deep bass & bass

The deep bass increases and gives the Valkyrie MK II even more depth. The bass remained more or less the same and the Perseus was able to keep the same bass structure. The Perseus transforms the Valkyrie into a larger bass cannon perfect for those looking to push these IEMs even further.

Mids

The mids are compared to the Alpha IV Hybrid moved a little further forward, which is a nice upgrade. They are even more detailed and can be heard more clearly at the lower end of the midrange, where most of the instrumentals are located.

heights

There are no significant changes in the heights and they are more on the sparkling side. This corresponds to my preferences and the overall signature of the Valkyrie MK IIs. I couldn't detect any sibilants.
Sound stage: The sound stage is wider and has the same height. This was also a welcome change from the Alpha IV hybrid cable.

Empire Ears Legend EVO

Satin Audio Perseus

Overall sound of the Legend EVO with the satin Audio Perseus Cable
The Perseus cable did not have a significant impact on the overall sound of the Legend EVO. Just like the Genesis cable, the deep bass is still very deep and the bass structure is excellent. The mids are still slightly forward and the highs are a little relaxed. The Perseus is a great alternative to the Genesis cable.

Compared to the Legend EVO with the Genesis cable

The standard cable of the EVO is the PWAudio Genesis cable , a pure copper cable. As mentioned earlier, the Legend EVO has not made any significant changes to any of the sound frequencies, so the Legend EVO retains its original sound signature. The fact that not much is changing should be viewed from two different angles: first, it may not force you to upgrade the Genesis cable, and second, it shows that the Perseus has excellent sound quality to compete with the Genesis that is a tailor-made cable for the Legend EVO.

Subbass & Bass

There are no significant changes to the subbass and bass. The sub-bass is still very deep and part of the overall sound. The bass structure is of a very high quality.

Mids

The mids are still directed forward and carry the high degree of details about instruments and voices.

Treble

The heights haven't changed much and still seem relaxed. I didn't notice any sibilants.
Soundstage: There is no significant change in the soundstage. In this respect, the soundstage is still wide and high as with the Genesis.

Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro

Overall sound of the Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro with the Satin Audio Perseus cable
The Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro (Nanna 2.0) sounds slightly V-shaped with the Perseus cable. The deep bass is deep and the bass structure is fantastic. The mids are forward facing and come with great details. The highs are still relaxed but border the sparkling area. The soundstage is about average.

Comparison with the Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro standard cable

The Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro comes with a silver-plated copper cable. The sound of the Kinera Nanna 2.0 is a mild V-shape with front mids and relaxed highs. The Perseus retains the general sound signature of the Nanna 2.0 and slightly increases the deep bass depth and soundstage. There is more detail and clarity in relation to the mid-range.
Deep Bass & Bass: The deep bass is a little deeper and the bass is the same as with the standard cable. The bass structure is still of high quality.

Mids

The mids are directed forward and the Perseus adds more detail and clarity.

Treble

The heights haven't changed much and still seem relaxed. For some titles, however, they leaned towards the sparkling side. I didn't notice any sibilants.

Sound stage

With the Perseus, the sound stage felt a little wider, but it was the same height as with the standard cable.

Cable improvement points​

Flexibility

From a physical point of view, the cable is quite stiff and not very flexible.This means that it does not bend or shape well when in use. In fact, the cable remains partially coiled during use. It appears that the cable has only one "state" and it maintains that state. This is due to the fact that, unlike other cables, the cable has an extra shielding that covers the conductors.

Perhaps this could be improved by changing the braiding or the structure of the sheath to make it more pliable. In addition, the cable does not always sit on the ears when in use, but this can be easily remedied by using the cable ring correctly. However, this could also be seen as positive. Because the cable is more or less in a "state" and remains in one place, there is hardly any cable noise. In addition, the cable is not so easy to wrap and needs a zip tie to hold it in place.

Cable ring

The cable ring is on the thin side and while it does its job, it could be thicker or heavier to help hold the cable better. This is especially important because the cable is not very flexible and does not wrap gently around your ears when using IEMS, which is why the cable ring is an important part of a good fit. In addition, a thicker cable ring would visually enhance the overall appearance of the cable.

Connector

The connectors at the end of the cable that connect it to the IEMs look more generic and are the same as those used on all Satin Audio cables. This could be enhanced with different colors (e.g. rose gold) or finishes (shiny metal) to better match the overall theme of the cable. However, the quality of the connectors is very good.

Conclusion​

Satin Audio Perseus

All in all, the Satin Audio Perseus cable is a fantastic cable and represents a new standard for the sound quality of cables in the price range below 1000 CHF / USD.

It made a great impression on my IEMs and certain frequencies, especially in the sub-bass and midrange, positively changed / improved.

Satin Audio really made a remarkable cable. If its lack of flexibility can be overcome, this is a cable for anyone's IEM collection not to be missed!
Yes and I am looking forward to trying it by myself.

May 18, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #25,071 of 88,437
Yes and I am looking forward to trying it by myself.
Would be interesting a comparison with PlusSound Copper+

May 18, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #25,073 of 88,437
May 18, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #25,074 of 88,437
...are you going to break down and get the CIEM, or holding powder for a potential Uni?

If they wind up releasing a universal model I'll go with that...but if they don't I'll seriously consider the custom. A good planar is the only thing missing from my current roster and that would be a great way to finish off my collection.

May 18, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #25,075 of 88,437
A religious experience tonight. Almost literally. Ethel Cain's Preacher's Daughter, her debut full length LP.

This is my hot tip for album of the year. It epitomises the experience of a purposefully constructed album that's not merely a collection of singles but rather a thematic evolution of vocal and instrumental tracks that tell a story.

As such, it's best enjoyed in one sitting, preferably in a dark room, on a comfortable couch or bed, where you can focus intently on the music.

The sound design, storytelling, nuanced light and shade (it gets pretty dark in parts), and crushing tragedy right at the end, all weaved together by one of the most hauntingly beautiful voices I've heard...just a different level. I hope you enjoy it. I'm stunned.

Further reading if you're interested in the story of the album and artist: https://consequence.net/2022/05/ethel-cain-preachers-daughter-album-origins/

May 18, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #25,076 of 88,437
May 18, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #25,077 of 88,437
A religious experience tonight. Almost literally. Ethel Cain's Preacher's Daughter, her debut full length LP.

This is my hot tip for album of the year. It epitomises the experience of a purposefully constructed album that's not merely a collection of singles but rather a thematic evolution of vocal and instrumental tracks that tell a story.

As such, it's best enjoyed in one sitting, preferably in a dark room, on a comfortable couch or bed, where you can focus intently on the music.

The sound design, storytelling, nuanced light and shade (it gets pretty dark in parts), and crushing tragedy right at the end, all weaved together by one of the most hauntingly beautiful voices I've heard...just a different level. I hope you enjoy it. I'm stunned.

Further reading if you're interested in the story of the album and artist: https://consequence.net/2022/05/ethel-cain-preachers-daughter-album-origins/
Reminds me a bit London grammar and some Lana del ray songs…

May 18, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #25,078 of 88,437
Reminds me a bit London grammar and some Lana del ray songs…
Another two of my favourites right there. Reminds me quite a bit of Lana, only darker in tone and subject, but just as sweet and emotive of voice. It's one of those albums I wish wouldn't end when it does, and with a runtime of 1:15, it's a proper album, unlike these 30-minute excuses for 'albums' some artists are releasing nowadays.

Seriously, some of the tracks on here are transcendent. They build up slowly, rise to a rousing crescendo, then tail away for a few minutes with just Ethel and a drumbeat or string guitar in (if you're listening with the right gear) a vast, deep, black stage.

I'm tempted to review the album the way I heard it, describing the music along with the emotion. Say what you will about technicals - this is the type of album that's so intricately designed, with so many different layers, that you really want the very best imaging, staging, resolution and a pitch black background to enjoy it to the full.

It's both mmersive and holographic, yet simultaneously has an intimacy (predominantly through Ethel's voice, but also in the insanely deep and precisely placed bass and string notes) that touches your soul. Just special, very special.

Listen casually to this and you'll miss the magic.

May 18, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #25,079 of 88,437
Cooler survey: What sort of product/design/configuration/feature are you hoping to see that hasn't come out yet?

May 18, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #25,080 of 88,437
Hello from a week in the past. I'm still some 30 odd pages back from current after a hiatus from Head-Fi due to work travel and fun travel... This thread certainly hasn't slowed down!

I can't even cherry pick / multi-quote anything that makes sense as I'm so far behind, but touching on a 'cooler survey from like 7 days ago - I partook in my favorite hobby this past weekend - Motorcycling. Nearly 500 miles over two days from Massachusetts up into norther Maine (ignore the corny thumbs up that's a hallmark of me in photos):

1652913961526.png

I'm currently in interior Mexico on work travel again for a machine install... I've got my trusty Nio's with me and the M9. The Nio with the M20 module provide great isolation for plane travel. Missing my Ne4, though.

1652914135554.png

I'll try to catch up over the next few evenings... back to your regularly scheduled 'cooler programming. ✌️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back