The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 7, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #24,151 of 88,549
Imagine waking up to find out that HF is now Reddit or Discord only 🤣
🤣

I actually like a lot about Discord and miss many of the people I use to connect with there...too much drama and cultish-ness for me though, and the crowd was skewed a bit young for me. I guess I'm more comfortable here amongst my fellow boomers :p. Reddit is a dumpster fire though.

May 7, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #24,152 of 88,549
May 7, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #24,153 of 88,549
May 7, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #24,154 of 88,549
Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #24,155 of 88,549
Anyone who could hate you for that has lost the plot a bit I think :p This hobby would be much less interesting if we all liked the same stuff. GLWS.

Ah it was tongue in cheek for the most part! Genuinely a very tough decision, I've wrestled with it for a couple of weeks now - especially considering the trip to Cologne etc.

May 7, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #24,156 of 88,549
Leonidas II improved Thunder performances so I’m curious to explore more cables, right now I’ve PlusSound TriHybrid and PWA monile mk2 shielding in my mind.
Anyway on Monday I’ll receive 3 new @EffectAudio to test.🥳
Prototypes code name 32-37-38
95C5AAF9-2088-4E50-9F01-8A3C7B0A1EF4.jpeg
99C20147-8D16-4340-A296-570B6817E640.jpeg
1AE3DDEC-6039-4CAD-9688-13FDDF5EDD21.jpeg
EADC0AB8-5645-4181-A8B4-D04AA5297763.jpeg
09665E56-320A-46AD-A1A5-69BFE6010679.jpeg
FEFD7779-BD09-4231-BFF0-34B6769A7473.jpeg
F06B66FD-44F6-4DF9-8E0E-5C3C5F7BFEFA.jpeg

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #24,157 of 88,549
Ah it was tongue in cheek for the most part! Genuinely a very tough decision, I've wrestled with it for a couple of weeks now - especially considering the trip to Cologne etc.

Well if it's not doing it for you it's not doing it for you regardless of the prelude to your owning it or how others might feel. This last point is an interesting one. I don't see how anyone could "hate" someone or be angry with another because they fell out of favour with something dear to them...but I won't deny a tinge of sadness that you're no longer in the club as it were. Perhaps it's the joy in fellowship and connection that's severed a bit...or maybe it's a manifestation of a form of tribalism, as though one of us decided to root for a different sports team or something...who knows. At the end of the day it's a highly personal decision though and it in no way affects or changes my own relationship or sentiments toward the IEM in question. We are gathered here in a community but everyone's journey is fundamentally individual. When I did that survey a couple weeks ago I don't think any two people out of 60 listed the same 3 IEMs...that says a lot.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #24,158 of 88,549
Well if it's not doing it for you it's not doing it for you regardless of the prelude to your owning it or how others might feel. This last point is an interesting one. I don't see how anyone could "hate" someone or be angry with another because they fell out of favour with something dear to them...but I won't deny a tinge of sadness that you're no longer in the club as it were. Perhaps it's the joy in fellowship and connection that's severed a bit...or maybe it's a manifestation of a form of tribalism or something, as though one of us decided to root for a different sports team or something...who knows. At the end of the day it's a highly personal decision though and it in no way affects or changes my own relationship or sentiments toward the IEM in question. We are gathered here in a community but everyone's journey is fundamentally individual. When I did that survey a couple weeks ago I don't think any two people out of 60 listed the same 3 IEMs...that says a lot.
Sure but I think David was joking about it.
And we can also change opinion listening others IEMs. When I bought Mest Mk2 I was amazed and I thought: I will never sell it.
But happened😌
Me and Scuba always joked about Mest Mk2 love&hate, we known each other because asked me about it and I feel a bit guilty I suggest him to buy it.
@Scuba Devils will you be able to forgive me? 😜

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #24,159 of 88,549
Well if it's not doing it for you it's not doing it for you regardless of the prelude to your owning it or how others might feel. This last point is an interesting one. I don't see how anyone could "hate" someone or be angry with another because they fell out of favour with something dear to them...but I won't deny a tinge of sadness that you're no longer in the club as it were. Perhaps it's the joy in fellowship and connection that's severed a bit...or maybe it's a manifestation of a form of tribalism or something, as though one of us decided to root for a different sports team or something...who knows. At the end of the day it's a highly personal decision though and it in no way affects or changes my own relationship or sentiments toward the IEM in question. We are gathered here in a community but everyone's journey is fundamentally individual. When I did that survey a couple weeks ago I don't think any two people out of 60 listed the same 3 IEMs...that says a lot.

The problem is mostly that I just don't reach for it enough - Traillii, Thunder, Dmagic have got most of my home listening covered, then a rotation of single DDs for out and about. Hard to justify an IEM with EXT value staying in its case most of the time.

Agreed, there is a sense of connection and community in our choice of IEMs and that can certainly create a sense of sadness as you say when others choose to move on - hence my tongue in cheek 'hate' comment!

I've a couple of things on the radar that the sale of EXT can help me explore... the journey continues!

May 7, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #24,160 of 88,549
Sure but I think David was joking about it.
And we can also change opinion listening others IEMs. When I bought Mest Mk2 I was amazed and I thought: I will never sell it.
But happened😌

I know he was joking but I was being sincere and I don't think I'm in alone in feeling a slight hint of sadness in a situation like this. Like I'm part of a family that now has one less member...I know it's totally irrational but if I'm being honest the feeling is there a little. That's all I was trying to describe above.

May 7, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #24,161 of 88,549
The problem is mostly that I just don't reach for it enough - Traillii, Thunder, Dmagic have got most of my home listening covered, then a rotation of single DDs for out and about. Hard to justify an IEM with EXT value staying in its case most of the time.

Agreed, there is a sense of connection and community in our choice of IEMs and that can certainly create a sense of sadness as you say when others choose to move on - hence my tongue in cheek 'hate' comment!

I've a couple of things on the radar that the sale of EXT can help me explore... the journey continues!
Was sad if you wanted exit hobby☹️

May 7, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #24,162 of 88,549
I know he was joking but I was being sincere and I don't think I'm in alone in feeling a slight hint of sadness in a situation like this. Like I'm part of a family that now has one less member...I know it's totally irrational but if I'm being honest the feeling is there a little. That's all I was trying to describe above.
So sorry for it, but I’m pretty sure for a EXT’s lover that leave it there will be a new one enthusiast.
@vizzle come here and join the EXT crew!

May 7, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #24,163 of 88,549
May 7, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #24,164 of 88,549
Anyway @Rockwell75 im pretty sure @Scuba Devils will come back to VE’s family with a new IEMs maybe next year… can’t say more sorry.

May 7, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #24,165 of 88,549

Users who are viewing this thread

Back