The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 13, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #20,717 of 88,124
Apr 13, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #20,718 of 88,124
Ha yes good point - and indeed I often order on a day of the week where I know the item will likely land Mon-Wed as my wife is in work those days!
That made me literally rofl. Hilarious. I read it to my wife and she cracked up too.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #20,719 of 88,124
That made me literally rofl. Hilarious. I read it to my wife and she cracked up too.

One has to be creative when living dangerously! And on those days where an item does land when my wife at home, and asked what it is - I quickly brush over it by saying something like "ah just a thing I needed for my music stuff" (Shanling M9)

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #20,720 of 88,124
Apr 13, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #20,721 of 88,124
Have you heard Fibae 7 before and did you demo these? (Sorry if mentioned already, not caught up on previous posts)

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #20,722 of 88,124
Apr 13, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #20,723 of 88,124
On the topic of brands earlier, I'm a big fan of Sony - ever since my first Walkman in the late 80's. I would say a strong emotional connection from over the years. Prior to falling into this deep IEM rabbit hole, I loved audio brands like Marantz - or indeed Technics for many years before, having purchased a set of 1210's in 1994 which are still going strong today! I'd love to see Marantz or another big audio brand make a move to DAPs - I know it'll never happen, but one can dream... well actually, it would be sort of a return, considering the Rio brand once upon a time was from the same group of companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #20,724 of 88,124
Beautiful, yes, accurate, no.
I guess it depends what you listen to music for. I'd take the former over the latter any day (and twice on Sunday). What's 'accurate' anyway?
I should have kept this plugged into the Jewel like I intended. 🫣 I need want another one now.

7CCE8348-6125-4DDE-BC5C-537771203F13.jpeg
What did I say a few days ago? And so it begins. Yeppp... 🤣
Is the Senn IE900 the best sounding single DD IEM? Opinions? Just hooked up mine to Shanling M6 Pro 21. Its a nice little DAP, but no M9. Inspite of that, this puny little IEM is wiping the floor with my IEMs except my VE EXT and Phoenix . I used to think Dunu Zen Pro was the bees knees.
It's one of the best sounding IEMs I've ever heard, period. Dollar for dollar, the best I've heard. Easily the most comfortable too. Miss her already. Enjoy 😌
No, EVO has an @doctorjuggles cable that is custom made for it. That cable is perfect and isn't going anywhere.

I have a FT for EXT, Jewel and Red Halo FE.
Yes...but have you actually tried FT on EVO. I mean, you might really like it...
Are you using a different cable on it? I had heard a mention of veiled mids somewhere, so first listen was 30 minutes of Adel. No veiled mids, but since I am 74 soon, my hearing ain't the greatest.
To my ears neither the Z1R or IE900 have recessed mids. They have neutral mids, with a slightly withdrawn upper midrange/lower treble. Vocals are always clear and crisp and utterly natural. Instruments are very well separated and articulated. Now, if you listen to - and prefer - mid/upper-mid forward IEMs, than comparatively speaking of course IE900 mids sit further back. It's all a question of relative balance, hearing, and ultimately preference.

@claud W, if you have any type of hearing loss that truncates some of your upper frequency hearing ability, chances are you may even hear IE900's mids as slightly forward.

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #20,725 of 88,124
Have you heard Fibae 7 before and did you demo these? (Sorry if mentioned already, not caught up on previous posts)
I never heard any Custom Art iem but fibae 7 got a great success and critic also that they solved and realized Fibae 7 Ultimate.
I really like their philosophy and got a great feedback about previous flagship from @audio123 and @davidmolliere, I trust them.

https://audio123reviews.com/2020/03/29/custom-art-fibae-7/

https://iem.reviews/2019/10/03/custom-art-fibae7-magnificent-seven/

There are also many other reviews online

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #20,726 of 88,124
Oh man....I catch up on this thread and I don't know what is more disillusioning....that folks here are claiming to have hit their budget for a while or that they have to avoid the wrath of the Mrs. :beyersmile: I believed in you....

The "explain to the Mrs." is a good bell-weather topic. I'm happy that my wife takes a "none of her business" approach to what I spend money on. She's always been practical there in that I make literally 10X what she does...pay for the house, her car, homecare for her Dad, 3-4 meals out a week...and she's like good deal I keep my nose out of your business. Like I buy mountains of crazy nonsense too....antique firearms, custom amps, dozens of bottles of whisky a month.....sh#t I had a full suit of medieval armor delivered when she was hosting the neighborhood book club and she told her friends "oh, that's just my husbands stuff" like Amazon brought some D- batteries. She is very practical.

My good buddy in our neighborhood is a Doctor; his wife doesn't even work and she scrutinizes the family expenses like a venture capitalist. She'll jump his stuff right in front of a group. I don't get it....honestly I don't have to get it, not my business and whatever makes folks happy great. I'm just happy my wife has the outlook she does....or perhaps truly she is my wife precisely for that reason. That's why I'm not married to my buddies wife, cause' she would have the grand tour of the front curb in like 15 minutes.

* - For the young generation reading this, please be aware the statement above is a commentary on personal work/income/family budgets. It is agnostic to/does not presume any gender role...or if the word 'gender' is now cancelled whatever word or words have now replaced that. I'm over 40 and do not know these things anymore.

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #20,727 of 88,124
Oh man....I catch up on this thread and I don't know what is more disillusioning....that folks here are claiming to have hit their budget for a while or that they have to avoid the wrath of the Mrs. :beyersmile: I believed in you....

The "explain to the Mrs." is a good bell-weather topic. I'm happy that my wife takes a "none of her business" approach to what I spend money on. She's always been practical there in that I make literally 10X what she does...pay for the house, her car, homecare for her Dad, 3-4 meals out a week...and she's like good deal I keep my nose out of your business. Like I buy mountains of crazy nonsense too....antique firearms, custom amps, dozens of bottles of whisky a month.....sh#t I had a full suit of medieval armor delivered when she was hosting the neighborhood book club and she told her friends "oh, that's just my husbands stuff" like Amazon brought some D- batteries. She is very practical.

My good buddy in our neighborhood is a Doctor; his wife doesn't even work and she scrutinizes the family expenses like a venture capitalist. She'll jump his stuff right in front of a group. I don't get it....honestly I don't have to get it, not my business and whatever makes folks happy great. I'm just happy my wife has the outlook she does....or perhaps truly she is my wife precisely for that reason. That's why I'm not married to my buddies wife, cause' she would have the grand tour of the front curb in like 15 minutes.

* - For the young generation reading this, please be aware the statement above is a commentary on personal work/income/family budgets. It is agnostic to/does not presume any gender role...or if the word 'gender' is now cancelled whatever word or words have now replaced that. I'm over 40 and do not know these things anymore.
Dat Nasty Natti attitude! Love it. My good buddy is from Cincinnati and you remind me a lot of him.

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #20,728 of 88,124
I never heard any Custom Art iem but fibae 7 got a great success and critic also that they solved and realized Fibae 7 Ultimate.
I really like their philosophy and got a great feedback about previous flagship from @audio123 and @davidmolliere, I trust them.

https://audio123reviews.com/2020/03/29/custom-art-fibae-7/

https://iem.reviews/2019/10/03/custom-art-fibae7-magnificent-seven/

There are also many other reviews online
I had 7 on demo a while back when they were in the spotlight, just didn't work for me. The shells on these look absolutely stunning though. Has driver configuration change vs 7? I'll go read the reviews, need some chill time before bed!

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #20,729 of 88,124

🤣🤣🤣
dfdf38d3-3ad0-4da9-80f3-5009f4bf8ca3_text.gif

Apr 13, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #20,730 of 88,124

Okay well you can’t share all this and not post pics of the medieval suit you got…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back